Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Wireless Connector + 1month sky movies free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Another silly question :o. On Sky Movies when I select Sky Premiere it asks me for my pin number? If I enter it will they charge me? I haven't entered it as I'm guessing its a pay per view channel like Sky Box Office. Is this correct?

No this is to prevent minors from watching films unsuitable for them. After the watershed, the same film no longer requires a pin

• Registered Users Posts: 32,217 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

driverite wrote: »
    I ordered the WiFi connector and was charged the full rate... asked about getting it free but since i pay them a lot of money for everything i am not entitled to it free. Roll on the end of the contract.
    Our contract is 93 euro per month and includes movies on 2 boxes....I got the connector for free....doesnt seem to be tonnes of content maybe about only 18 tv box sets but hey its free!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Another silly question :o. On Sky Movies when I select Sky Premiere it asks me for my pin number? If I enter it will they charge me? I haven't entered it as I'm guessing its a pay per view channel like Sky Box Office. Is this correct?
    No, the pin entry is for viewing restrictions eg paranormal activity 3 was on this morning at 8am. Its to prevent children from watching inappropiate content. Simply enter your pin which if you haven't changed it should be the last 4 numbers of your viewing card. Sky Box office needs a landline in order to purchase or rent a film and if you haven't a landline connected then it can't ring sky to charge you for a Box Office film. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

No, the pin entry is for viewing restrictions eg paranormal activity 3 was on this morning at 8am. Its to prevent children from watching inappropiate content. Simply enter your pin which if you haven't changed it should be the last 4 numbers of your viewing card. Sky Box office needs a landline in order to purchase or rent a film and if you haven't a landline connected then it can't ring sky to charge you for a Box Office film. Hope this helps.

And also if you want to change your pin to something handy like four zeros you can do it on sky's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lockster

Got this and the wireless connector arrived today. Have set it up but the service connection says Fail. Have tried resetting my modem, resetting the wireless connector and resetting the sky HD box but nothing works. Any ideas?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Folks,

Just a headsup.......... received my bill today from Sky and was not happy.

We are on half price Sky for the year and we took up this offer of sky movies via online. However the system can't add two deals so it cancelled our half price TV.......

I've been onto them and they can't fix it until Monday as their system is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Folks,

We are on half price Sky for the year and we took up this offer of sky movies via online. However the system can't add two deals so it cancelled our half price TV.......

Sorry now but...greedy barsteward! ;)

If you'd read the thread you'd have seen countless people saying that offers can't be stacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Folks,

Yeah same happened to me. Rang them yesterday when I got home and they said they couldnt do anything so told them to put me through to cancellations and I went to cancel my tv sub. They sorted it out there and then.
    Movies gone but back to my discounted sub and still have the free wireless connector.

I know a lot of people who couldnt get them stacked over the phone signed for the deal online, so beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Ya I missed the conversation about not being able to stack........

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ya I missed the conversation about not being able to stack........

Some people did get their offers stacked though over the phone and a lot who couldnt went down the online route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

long_b wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's possible to hack the wireless connector for use with a regular PC ?

Not so much hack, but it is just a wireless bridge, so once you set it up, anything you plug into the ethernet port on it is connected through wifi.

As the Sky hub doesn't support WDS with the apple airport express, I had no way of wirelessly connecting my xbox to the sky hub.. got one of the sky wireless connectors, set it up through the sky box then plugged my xbox into it and it's back online. :)

zinzan wrote: »
    Not so much hack, but it is just a wireless bridge, so once you set it up, anything you plug into the ethernet port on it is connected through wifi.

As the Sky hub doesn't support WDS with the apple airport express, I had no way of wirelessly connecting my xbox to the sky hub.. got one of the sky wireless connectors, set it up through the sky box then plugged my xbox into it and it's back online. :)

My sky box is already configured with my network so if i plug it into my computer it will give it WiFi and connect to my network?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

My sky box is already configured with my network so if i plug it into my computer it will give it WiFi and connect to my network?

Not entirely sure what you are trying to do. So will go through possibilities.

If you plug your skybox into your broadband router via Ethernet cable it is connected to the net.
    If you plug skybox into the sky wireless adapter it will be connected to net via wifi (assuming you have wifi in place to connect to!)
    If you plug your pc via Ethernet cable into your broadband router, it has will connect to Internet.
    If you plug your pc into the pre configured sky wireless adapter, it will connect to net via your wireless network
    (Assuming you have one in place to connect to!)

Plugging your skybox into your pc will not connect your pc to the Internet.

zinzan wrote: »
    Not entirely sure what you are trying to do. So will go through possibilities.

If you plug your skybox into your broadband router via Ethernet cable it is connected to the net.
    If you plug skybox into the sky wireless adapter it will be connected to net via wifi (assuming you have wifi in place to connect to!)
    If you plug your pc via Ethernet cable into your broadband router, it has will connect to Internet.
    If you plug your pc into the pre configured sky wireless adapter, it will connect to net via your wireless network
    (Assuming you have one in place to connect to!)

Plugging your skybox into your pc will not connect your pc to the Internet.

Didn't see your last post there but I tried it anyway and;
    It worked!
    Strange though my speeds have always been around 6mb but now when I did a test it said 2..
    But it works!
    Edit: It was the adapter that limited the speed.
    With adapter:
    2622900991.png
    Without (Regular eThernet.)
    2622924234.png
    Also, I wonder why it keeps picking Galway as the server...I live in Carlow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Got this letter from them today. Am i right in the way i read this, thinking I have to cancel movies at the right time, or i face either paying for this month, or being stuck with it an extra month?
    Still happy with my Connector. :D On demand.

Although, they gave me the newer Sky HD box free, (looks identical to the other one) I'm not yet used to the menu, not sure i like it.. ;)
    Dear *******,
    We're happy to confirm your Sky TV Account will be reinstated from 28/03/2013. We hope you'll enjoy all the new programmes coming your way in the coming months ahead.

Confirming your Sky Package

There's some important information you need to know before your Sky service start again.

Because you're reinstating your Sky TV, it means you will soon be able to watch Entertainment Extra with Movies for €63.00 per month (although these prices may vary depending on your subscription contract).

With your current special offer, your monthly charge will be €35.00 until your offer ends. It's a condition of this offer that you remain on your chosen Sky TV package for the full offer period. If you decide to change your package during this time you'll have to pay the full standard price for your package.

Your next payment

Your next payment will be for €35.01. This amount may look a bit odd if you're reinstating your Sky TV mid-month because it reflects the length of time between your reinstatement and the date payments for your subscription are due to be made.

As you are going to pay by Direct Debit/Credit Card your payment will be collected from your account on, or just after, 15/04/2013.

Confirming what you've ordered

We've set out what you've ordered below, so you can check and confirm for yourself it's what you want.

Details -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Price
    ===========================
    Wireless Connector -- -- -- - Nil
    Total Price: - -- -- -- -- -- - €0.00

If you want to enjoy the amazing picture quality of Sky's high definition service, Sky HD, then you'll also need to take the HD Pack and have a HD Ready TV.

Allyall wrote: »
    Got this letter from them today. Am i right in the way i read this, thinking I have to cancel movies at the right time, or i face either paying for this month, or being stuck with it an extra month?
    Still happy with my Connector. :D On demand.

Although, they gave me the newer Sky HD box free, (looks identical to the other one) I'm not yet used to the menu, not sure i like it.. ;)

Yup, basically at the end of the first month you ring up to cancel and then you apparently get the cancellation month free too. Also, €35.01? Those evil feckers charging an extra cent :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yup, basically at the end of the first month you ring up to cancel and then you apparently get the cancellation month free too. Also, €35.01? Those evil feckers charging an extra cent :P

Yeah. Might get on to them about that tomorrow. :mad:

........:pac:

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah. Might get on to them about that tomorrow. :mad:

........:pac:

Haha ye may do! Put them in their place; The greedy goolies! Every cent counts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Just to remind a good few in here that is cancellation time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Just to remind a good few in here that is cancellation time :)
    Yep, I've a reminder in my phone for the next Monday (signed up on 22nd March).

Watched maybe 2 films on it... same movies over and over and over!

Only Sky Greats is worth a watch IMO..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

You have watched about 2 more than me. but I do like the wireless connector

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I haven't watched any yet. I have been availing of the Sky Rewards, however. A few colleagues have got to see Pierce Brosnan in his latest thriller rom-com. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Thanks for reminder. Was very happy to have sky movies over Easter hols with two kids, (sick for first half of them). Good few movies we had not seen. Am seriously thinking of holding onto it but the €63 pm is too much right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭mcw92

Are Sky still doing the free month does anyone know, before i bother ringing them up and be on the phone for agesss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

mcw92 wrote: »
    Are Sky still doing the free month does anyone know, before i bother ringing them up and be on the phone for agesss.

Looking on the website, they seem to be.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/sky-movies/

By the way just back from Olympus has fallen. Hard work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭mcw92

Looking on the website, they seem to be.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/sky-movies/

By the way just back from Olympus has fallen. Hard work :)

Oh so i can just sign up for the free month online? then cancel it before the month is out? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Button09

Thanks op for this

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

Does anyone know if they are still offering the free wireless connector if you do the upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

iggy82 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they are still offering the free wireless connector if you do the upgrade?

Yeah but only up to tonight apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone get billed for their movies? I upgraded on March 22nd and my latest bill said they were taking for the entertainment + movies from my account on Apr 17

Advertisement