Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Wireless Connector + 1month sky movies free

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

snapped it up.yipee! thanks for letting us know

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Just received the wireless box this morning and hooked it up in 2 minutes. All in all very happy. Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmdrRiker

Just called Sky - no luck :( I am on a package with one pack of Sky Movies (half of them) so was told nothing can be added for free and I'd have to still pay for the connector.

Wonder if anyone else had the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

You can do it all online.

1. Order the movies at €8 per month with 1st month free.
    2. Add the wireless connector for 12.99 which then becomes free.
    3. place your order
    4. Enjoy sky movies for a month and get your free connector.

Attachment not found.

Doing online worked for me also - after being denied on phone due to other discount package. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cmdrRiker wrote: »
    Just called Sky - no luck :( I am on a package with one pack of Sky Movies (half of them) so was told nothing can be added for free and I'd have to still pay for the connector.

Yes I had to pay but got a €50 credit on my account for it. Claim you'll close your account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

cmdrRiker wrote: »

try online

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

try online

how would you go about it online if you already have the movies? do you know. cos your above included adding the movies but i have them

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

I called them. Im currently on half price with sports. He suggested the deal to me when I requested to buy it ( no intention of really buying it). It was the english call center I was on to.

Can anyone help me with what this connector does. Do I need a Laptop around to guide it or does the box do it all when hooked up.

Also would someone with only 15gb usgae struggle to use this proper?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Just received my wireless connector this morning going to set it up now.
    Thanks again OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

muffler wrote: »
    Im just wondering if you can order a second wireless connector free (and 2 months free movies of course ;)) if you already paid for one and have multiroom?

This thought just came into my head as Im only off the phone from Sky and they couldnt give me the free movies as Im already on a half price offer.

I tried this online earlier like was suggested and it wouldn't allow me to choose the wireless connector, saying I had already purchased one and was awaiting delivery, but I've got my connector over a month now. So whether it is because they haven't updated their system or you aren't allowed to buy 2 of them I don't know. May be a different outcome if ordered over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Can't get it online, i keep getting this message (attached) i try to add the wireless connector. I have Sky+ HD box, and the Entertainment package...

I just inquired about the Wireless connector box, was told it was €21.50, and when i mentioned offer, i was asked what offer, where did i hear about it?

The last two times when i ring, i get put on hold for ages..
    Aagghh..

What did anyone else say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lynnd

Im just off the phone from them and got the offer, i just said i was enquiring about the wireless thing for on demand and she did it automatically..
    Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Allyall wrote: »
    What did anyone else say?
    Rang up first time and was told the offer was that you get the wireless connector free if you subscribe to the movies, otherwise it's €12.99.

Rang up a day later and said I previously enquired and was told the above, but "my friend" got it without subscribing to movies without an issue and I'm enquiring why I wasn't eligible.

He said what I was told wasn't right, and then he processed it.

Simple as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Meath08

Thanks op.

I ordered and paid for the wireless connector at the beginning of this week and it had arrived before I came across this thread. Today I phoned to query why my 'friend' got it for free and got 2 months free movies. Without any hassle they agreed to refund the connector fee and movies got switched on straight away.

Very happy in this house!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Got it even though I had previously bought the wireless connector. Second one on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

3. place your order

Attachment not found.

Is the Disney movie included automatically or did you need to click it... I cant see it on my checkout details.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Cheers OP, I just got the free connector with movies free for 2 months :):)
    Glad I didn't buy the connector last month

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Is the Disney movie included automatically or did you need to click it... I cant see it on my checkout details.

Nevermind...

Thanks to the OP....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

3. place your order

Attachment not found.

Excellent. Gonna try that.
    greendom wrote: »
    Yes you cancel at the end of the free month and then you get the cancellation month free too

You sure about that? When you sign up online, are you guaranteed the 2 free months?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Soarer wrote: »
    Excellent. Gonna try that.

You sure about that? When you sign up online, are you guaranteed the 2 free months?

not sure about the online method - but that's what the Sky rep told me over the phone

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    not sure about the online method - but that's what the Sky rep told me over the phone

Nice one.

Shur could always wait until the connector arrives and then cancel. Would only cost a few days worth of movies worst case.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Thanks OP :)...just ordered online!!!:D

Do you need to wait until the last day or so of the free trial period to cancel, or does it matter if you do it early in the month?

Thanks again for this great deal!

Just rang up and got it there (problem ordering online).

No bother whatsoever. Was told that it's 2 months free and to give 31 days notice.

Also found out that our contract is actually up since the 8th of this month. So I'm torn between going through with this offer, or should I ring up in the morning saying I want to cancel, and hopefully get 12 months half price?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭rameire

did it online and worked perfectly.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭FaganJr

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also online, what they said!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

3. place your order

Attachment not found.

is €8 a month a typo above? shows as €28 for me

adding the wireless connector to that and it shows the connector is free, but does not say 1 month free movies as per your screengrab :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 snagger

Ordered by phone thanks good post

Quick question for those in the know.

Normally when you have either the movies or sports pack, you can add the other pack for less than a tenner a month.
    So if you've signed up to this, does that mean the sports could be added for cheap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aidole

I called up this evening but as we dont have a hd box they couldn't offer us the wireless connector but they gave us sky movies for €6.25 for the next 8 months, they gave it to us for the price we have been paying for cinemagic, I'm delighted that i called now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Just received my connector, thanks again greendom :)

Advertisement