Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Wireless Connector + 1month sky movies free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quick question. Is it DPD that deliver?
    Yeah.. they delivered my connector and 2 Sky Hubs, so I'm guessing they're Sky's preferred courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,915 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I got a missed delivery notice from them yesterday so will collect it today. Phoned up on Friday so was really quick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

You can do it all online.

1. Order the movies at €8 per month with 1st month free.
    2. Add the wireless connector for 12.99 which then becomes free.
    3. place your order
    4. Enjoy sky movies for a month and get your free connector.

Attachment not found.

I cant seem to figure out how to do this, it wont let me select the movies at €8 per month with first month free, it keeps charging me for them. Any ideas?

It keeps saying also: Before adding a Wireless Connector, you'll first need at least one of our Sky Entertainment Packs with a Sky+ or Sky+HD box.
    If you're an existing Sky TV customer, you may need to upgrade to a compatible Sky+ box.

But I have a sky+ box :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You need to start by selecting this option from www.sky.com/ireland

You should be able to figure the rest out.

You need to start by selecting this option from www.sky.com/ireland

You should be able to figure the rest out.

Oh yeah that worked. But its still saying when I try to add the wireless adapter down the page:

Before adding a Wireless Connector, you'll first need at least one of our Sky Entertainment Packs with a Sky+ or Sky+HD box.
    If you're an existing Sky TV customer, you may need to upgrade to a compatible Sky+ box.

Maybe my sky box is too old, or do I place the order for the free month of movies first?

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Oh yeah that worked. But its still saying when I try to add the wireless adapter down the page:

Before adding a Wireless Connector, you'll first need at least one of our Sky Entertainment Packs with a Sky+ or Sky+HD box.

Maybe my sky box is too old, or do I place the order for the free month of movies first?

You need a HD box. Do you have the Sky+ HD box or just the older Sky+ box?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You need a HD box. Do you have the Sky+ HD box or just the older Sky+ box?

The old white sky + box. I thought it was any sky + box! Damn. SO everyone here that got the offer has the newer black sky+ HD Box?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I have/had the same problem. They have my box down as the old one, have no idea why, as i never had an old box. Have always had the Sky+ HD box.
    Fourth time ringing was today. They never rang back in all the times they said they would. They gave me Sky Movies, but never heard about a Sky Wireless box. Also told me the Sky Wireless box is €12.95 and it's brilliant.. :(.

Then i said, i thought the wireless box was free with current offer?

Told me it isn't that he knows of, and i could get an Ethernet cable, probably for €5.. :mad::mad:

EDIT...
    Just rang again, thought i'd give it one last shot..
    Told me that there is "one sky+ HD box that is not compatble" - - - - - Guess who has it?

I think they're full of it, but anyway, for anyone else it's in

Services --> Settings --> System Details --> Version Number: 4E3011

And that is why i am not eligible.. Ah well..

All were pleasant to deal with/talk to, but none explained to me what was happening/why i wasn't getting it.
    That's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just received my connector via DPD. Looks very like the Apple TV!

Unboxed it, connected it, it found my network, I put in the password, and started downloading Spiderman for the young fella. Literally took less than 2 minutes including taking it out if the box! Complete piece of pish!

Thanks again to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

Thanks Op

I rang yesterday received my box today and also got the two months Movies for free :)

Just a note to cancel the movies Sky want 31 days notice Not 30 so make sure and set a reminder to ring if your not keeping them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Quick question- for the on demand service do you need to have a landline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Aimeee wrote: »
    Quick question- for the on demand service do you need to have a landline?

You just need a broadband connection. So you will need a landline if you use DSL broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

They rang me.. And probably realised i was super-cool and totally awesome. They are sending out an engineer on Tuesday/Wednesday next week, to give me a new Sky+ HD box (Hope it's 1TB - although prob won't matter with on-demand) and a wireless connector...

Same girl i was on to earlier today looked into it, and got it sorted.

Thankfully i was (as always) polite.. :)

Definitely first person i got didn't know what they were looking at, but thankfully she did. So i'm sorted.. and happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

After failing to get the offer on the phone because I'm already on a discount package, I just successfully ordered online. Free wireless connector one month free movies.

It's a bit confusing as to how long the free trial will be for. It says one month but also says you have 28 days to cancel so maybe will get two months. I will wait 28 days before cancelling and see what happens.

Also it's only bumped my overall package up by €8 a month. Is that what I would be charged for the movies pack if I didn't cancel? Always remember as it being much more expensive when I had it a few years ago.

Edit: just checked the movie channels there and they are already in the clear.

You just need a broadband connection. So you will need a landline if you use DSL broadband.[/QUOTE
    Hi thanks for reply.
    I have broadband but not via landline. No landline in use at all. Is on demand available in this case?

You just need a broadband connection. So you will need a landline if you use DSL broadband.[/QUOTE
    Hi thanks for reply.
    I have broadband but not via landline. No landline in use at all. Is on demand available in this case?

It is indeed. My sky box has no landline connection. Just the little on demand box connected to my WiFi

It is indeed. My sky box has no landline connection. Just the little on demand box connected to my WiFi
    Excellent, thank you for speedy reply.:)

adox wrote: »
    Also it's only bumped my overall package up by €8 a month. Is that what I would be charged for the movies pack if I didn't cancel?

I think it's only €8 per month extra of you already have the Sports.

Soarer wrote: »
    I think it's only €8 per month extra of you already have the Sports.

Weird. I don't have the sports package.

The old white sky + box. I thought it was any sky + box! Damn. SO everyone here that got the offer has the newer black sky+ HD Box?

Yep. Think someone earlier in the thread had the same problem and couldn't get it because they had the white Sky+ box

• Advertisement

Weird. I don't have the sports package.

Ssshhhhhhhh! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Does anyone know if it's possible to hack the wireless connector for use with a regular PC ?

long_b wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's possible to hack the wireless connector for use with a regular PC ?

For what purpose? Its just a wireless receiver for the sky box afaik... It wont allow you to use sky on demand on a PC if thats what you mean???

For what purpose? Its just a wireless receiver for the sky box afaik... It wont allow you to use sky on demand on a PC if thats what you mean???

I think he has his wireless router in one room and wants to be able to connect his pc to his network in another room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Soarer wrote: »

I think he has his wireless router in one room and wants to be able to connect his pc to his network in another room.

Exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

After failing to get the offer on the phone because I'm already on a discount package, I just successfully ordered online. Free wireless connector one month free movies.

It's a bit confusing as to how long the free trial will be for. It says one month but also says you have 28 days to cancel so maybe will get two months. I will wait 28 days before cancelling and see what happens.

Also it's only bumped my overall package up by €8 a month. Is that what I would be charged for the movies pack if I didn't cancel? Always remember as it being much more expensive when I had it a few years ago.

Edit: just checked the movie channels there and they are already in the clear.
    were u on a 25% discount for so many months if so from what you wrote and I can gather that offer maybe gone off your account as its a free movie offer there should be no additional charge so the 8€ is 25% gone(25% of 33)

Wils110 wrote: »
    were u on a 25% discount for so many months if so from what you wrote and I can gather that offer maybe gone off your account as its a free movie offer there should be no additional charge so the 8€ is 25% gone(25% of 33)

I'm on a 25% discount for 12 months which only started in Jan. the offer for movies was advertised on the front page as €8 per month with one month free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

I'm on a 25% discount for 12 months which only started in Jan. the offer for movies was advertised on the front page as €8 per month with one month free.

I can't look at the sky shop on my sky Id as I'm staff...that 8 or 9 euro extra is if u have sports it's an additional price on top of the 35 for sports,movies is normally 28 extra,

I can't look at the sky shop on my sky Id as I'm staff...that 8 or 9 euro extra is if u have sports it's an additional price on top of the 35 for sports,movies is normally 28 extra,

Thanks. I really hope that signing up for this hasnt somehow cancelled my current 25% off offer for 12 months as I wont be impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

I don't have Sports, just the basic entertainment pack but I was able to add the movie channel for the free month yesterday and then just €8 per month after :confused:. Don't need the wireless connector as my router is beside the tv.

Advertisement