Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2013: Round 2 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

"talk internally" aka dont say anything! :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Vettel is a Dick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭decies

Gotta love German Racing drivers , just lovely to relax in the scratcher listening to the race on five live on tune in, great coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dcully wrote: »
    Fed up of this team orders crap, its a race damn it , let them race.

agreed - I think it is too early in the season for it. Who knows, Webber and Hamilton could have problems down the line that results in Rosberg and Vettel fighting for the title - so points lost here due to team orders could count against them. Look at Irvine years back - could have won the title the year Schumacher got injured if not for helping him earlier in the season.

Vettel should have been allowed to race Webber and Rosberg should have been allowed to race Hamilton.

That said, team orders were called and Webber has given up position to Vettel plenty of times in the past - Vettel was an absolute dick today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,487 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

"Will have protection as usual" Webber, gotta love it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

MArk Webber is one pissed off cookie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

hoodwinked wrote: »
    respect is all well and good but he is a racing driver,

restraint and fans respect will not have him in a position to win the championship.

Stupid pointless risk taking ,and the possibly taking out yourself and your team mate, as Seb has done before in Turkey in 2010, might be racing, but it's not particularly smart

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Webber needs to start ignoring team orders in future.

Ouch! vettels well deserved tongue bashing from Webber though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Lewis sticking in the knife :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Let them race FFS. Your letting your dislike for Seb get in the way of what this whole race is about; winning.

But team orders were called - and Seb ignored them, despite DEMANDING them earlier in the race. He wants the team to only help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

That is why Webber is in the sport. Cuts right through the sh*t. One of the few honest guys in interviews.

Stupid pointless risk taking ,and the possibly taking out yourself and your team mate, as Seb has done before in Turkey in 2010, might be racing

or like today when Vettel passed Webber

as hamilton just said "racing is racing"

its racing there are always risks, Rosberg had the speed to pass him easily...

I dislike team orders but there are only two drivers out there prickish enough to disregard them and **** their teammate over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭decies

Tell us what their saying in interviews please, thanks.

That French guy in the Red Bull gear just stuck the knife into Merc/Rosberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Vettel comes off looking bad, can the team do anything though if he ignores team order. Interesting to see where things go in future

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

That French guy in the Red Bull gear just stuck the knife into Merc/Rosberg.

Team owner? Austrian I think, was a bit of a dig alright "clear 1 and 2" lol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ugh, fake podium, there's nothing worse. Good race marred by both idiotic team decisions and a pig ignorant red bull racer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I'm a Vettel fan, but that was awful. Mark got screwed. Mercedes shouldn't have done that to Rosberg.

How exactly can Red Bull punish Seb? He holds all the cards here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

But team orders were called - and Seb ignored them, despite DEMANDING them earlier in the race. He wants the team to only help him.

There is no but. They should be allowed to race to the end. If Webber has a problem should take it up with Red Bull for trying to finish the race early when there is a world champion behind you. Seb isn't world champion for nothing and of course he wants the team to only help him.

Hopefully Webber has a go when Seb is ahead of him next time. Team orders makes the finish to a lot of races very boring. Without the team orders nobody gets screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

I feel sorry for Webber, but the controversy over team orders for both Red Bull and Mercedes livened up the finish.

Anyone at Ferrari say if it was their call or Alonso's to stay out when that damaged front wing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Vettel as a racer wants to win,sky just showed the battle between the two red bull guys and it was brilliant.
    This is what i want to see in Motorsport.
    This is racing.

Why do people hate on Vettel so much?
    He is a racer through and through,hes got amazing ability.

From a racers point of views he was dead right to ignore team orders imo.
    I only wish Nico did too.

Ive hated this team orders for many many years,it restricts the drivers, it restricts us the viewers.
    Ofcourse they are part of a team and fair enough but fcuk this id rather have a single driver per team and have some honest racing wiithout all the politics.

Having said that its always Mark that suffers no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Not the owner but Helmut Marko. Seb was his protégé and he is a frequent critic of mark. Surprisingly diplomatic from him.

Not a hint of irony with the Rosberg comments.

anyone else disappointed they have taken the camera off Vettel and Webber! :(

That's the one.

Interview with Sky Sports F1

Horner: "We told the drivers to hold position until the end. Sebastien took it into his own hands, and wanted to win"

Asked by Johnny Herbert about what will happen: "We'll sit down with them and talk through it. The drivers think about 25 points, we're thinking of 43."

When questioned further: "Every driver has their own ambitions, but they are part of a team."

"There are 2 elements of formula 1; the drivers and the teams."

Questioned about Protection remark: "I don't really know what he means about that. We gave instructions and ultimately the drivers took it into their own hands."

"Lets not take away from what we've done today."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

To a certain extent I think merc were alright to hold nico off. It had been lewis applying the pressure and attacking which is why he was on fuel save. That pressure could have got them both more points.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

That was some great tv, once again Webber shafted. Team orders are team orders.

Any video links of the after race interviews? Watched on Setanta here...

• Advertisement

Quote from Alan Webber (Marks dad):

"Red Bull is a European team, and obviously they'll favor the European driver."

Seems like Alan knows something we don't...

Advertisement