Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New burner for oil - cost

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

shane0007 wrote: »
    Think I mentioned this before, but I got a call saying somebody serviced boiler on a Saturday and was bellowing out black smoke until Monday when they rang me. I told them to get the other guy back so they would not have to pay me. They said they rang him and he told them to get a boiler guy out as he knew nothing about the inside of a boiler!
    He charged them €40 & does all their families boilers too. He had turned the air to zero and pump pressure to 13 bar on kero. Took me 3 hours to clean the buggar. Filled my Hoover 4 times.

Thats where you went wrong, you cleaned it :p

But on a serious note, its crazy the amount of cowboys doing €40-€50 euro services and robbing people. I see some of them are putting up their prices now as not to look cheap.

Perhaps i could suggest peep press the "report" button if you feel this topic should be stickied.

Thats the small triangular symbol next to the online/offline (green/blue) symbol.

Poor clint_silver got his topic dragged well off topic, but there has been some good information posted up.

Maybe bill you could start a new thread about servicing oil boilers and we can all contribute, that way it would make a better sticky imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

Think I mentioned this before, but I got a call saying somebody serviced boiler on a Saturday and was bellowing out black smoke until Monday when they rang me. I told them to get the other guy back so they would not have to pay me. They said they rang him and he told them to get a boiler guy out as he knew nothing about the inside of a boiler!
    He charged them €40 & does all their families boilers too. He had turned the air to zero and pump pressure to 13 bar on kero. Took me 3 hours to clean the buggar. Filled my Hoover 4 times.

bet you got no kisses and cuddles when you finished that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

When they were used to paying €40 and then got my bill, it sort of killed the moment for lovings....

well in fairness you were only there 3 hours cleaning it you could hardly charge more than the €40 they paid to get it serviced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

TPM wrote: »

Maybe bill you could start a new thread about servicing oil boilers and we can all contribute, that way it would make a better sticky imo

Done, please post to it.

well in fairness you were only there 3 hours cleaning it you could hardly charge more than the €40 they paid to get it serviced

That's what they thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Poor clint_silver got his topic dragged well off topic, but there has been some good information posted up.

as compensation, I'll accept a 40e service from an honest plumber to come out to the house and get the spare part for the burner. I'll throw in a cup of tea

I fixed a tap once, sure how hard can it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

as compensation, I'll accept a 40e service from an honest plumber to come out to the house and get the spare part for the burner. I'll throw in a cup of tea

I fixed a tap once, sure how hard can it be?

if you expect it to be done for 40e your the one whos going to be handing out the cuddles and kisses me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

jimf wrote: »

if you expect it to be done for 40e your the one whos going to be handing out the cuddles and kisses me thinks
    :)

So upon advice I stuck some oil in turned it on and its working!! Zippahhh!
    Now, next problem rad in the kitchen won't heat up. This is a drop down install, where heat comes in goes upstairs and then downstairs and then back around again. Yes, inefficient. Turned off rads upstairs and the kitchen rad heated up so sounds to me like the pump not being strong enough. New pump needed?
    If so, can ye advise what to look for and ball park costs? 3 bed.

• Advertisement

New pump needed?
    If so, can ye advise what to look for and ball park costs? 3 bed.
    Grundfos 25/60. Cheaper brands available but not worth it.

Grundfos 25/60. Cheaper brands available but not worth it.

I have to say any of the cheap 6m (25/60) pumps I have seen are all rubbish.
    Apart from the failure rate of them they are noisy while they are working, some seem to airlock for fun and some just dont seem to be able to circulate the water

Advertisement