Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 14th Steak & Blow Job Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Because of utter contempt I have for Valentine's I actually think men are better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I've never heard of this day anywhere outside Boards to be honest! It's pi day all over Facebook.

I am intrigued when guys boast about getting a BJ though. I just feel sorry for them if it's that rare an occurrence that they feel the need to mention it :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

A good bj is a thing of wonder.

There should be compulsory classes when you come of age. There is nothing worse than a woman (or man if that's you thing) with absolutely no sense of cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

There should be compulsory classes when you come of age. There is nothing worse than a woman (or man if that's you thing) with absolutely no sense of cock.

Only if there's equality and everyone has to take it.

Edit: Just saw my unintended pun there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Only if the are comparable classes to please women.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I text my boyfriend last year on this day and he thought it meant I was on my period!?! I was barely able to console myself to reply with what it actually meant. He was disappointed that he went 27 years without ever knowing about it :p

I think it's a bit of fun tbh. Even though I definitely treat the OH on V-Day, I'm sure some guys could feel like it's very much flowers/chocolates/dinner for the lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Morag wrote: »

Only if the are comparable classes to please women.

Well, how about we start with something easier? :D

But yes, a cunnilingus master class would be acceptable. I imagine the average sense of vagina is poor.

Back OT, S&BJ day is only a bit of a laugh, a reference to how men are different. Women want romance, valentines day, men are happy with a slab of cow and a sloppy one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Pfft!

I'd much prefer oral sex to a gammy bunch of flowers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Pfft!

I'd much prefer oral sex to a gammy bunch of flowers.

I don't think they'd taste very nice

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

But yes, a cunnilingus master class would be acceptable. I imagine the average sense of vagina is poor.

Back OT, S&BJ day is only a bit of a laugh, a reference to how men are different. Women want romance, valentines day, men are happy with a slab of cow and a sloppy one.

I'd rather the steak and the fiddle, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd like a Beer and Cunny day instead of the displays of showmance that is Valentines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

If your a sad single fooker like myself it's **** and pot-noodle day.

If your a sad single fooker like myself it's **** and pot-noodle day.

Aka Thursday. :P

Yes, esp as the vagina is completely internal and the external genitals of a woman is known as the vulva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

I thinks its a bit of a laugh.... OH always makes an effort for me on v-day so il do it for him....

We went for a meal last night and obviously he got the steak... But walking back to the car i vomited (im pregnant) he was crestfallen....

Will have to make it up to him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Damn I missed it :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

March the 14th is a what now????

Looks at date.......................God damn it to &*^&*% ****!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

No such thing as a bad one tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

mfceiling wrote: »
    No such thing as a bad one tbh...
    Oh there is

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

That awkward moment when you arrive home and your mam is cooking a steak and your dad is in bed "resting".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

krudler wrote: »
    That awkward moment when you arrive home and your mam is cooking a steak and your dad is in bed "resting".
    I look forward to the day when my sons have that moment...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jeanjeani

So today is Steak and Blow job day.

Is it something silly, a bit of fun you can choose to take part in.
    Or is it sexist and wrong to promote it?

What do you ladies think?

I think it's fun and there shouldn't be any pressure, any bloke who 'demands' either would be told not a hope. But what is wrong with a bit of a saucey day?
    I agree with you. I am from America and moved here to be withmy Irish husband. I believe everyday should be a saucy day... Thats what keeps a marriage together.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭openup

I kinda surprised by the responses to this?
    I know it may be meant as fun but I think it's bizarre and, honestly, sexually aggressive.
    First I don't like that it furthers this idea that Love and feeling are just for girls and sex is just for boys. Then it proposes the idea that if he acts loving towards you or, even worse, spends money on you then you owe him sex (and meat?). I don't know, it makes me very uncomfortable (or at least it would if it was widely known).

I'm of the opinion that the little things, like jokes, that contribute hugely to things like sexual entitlement in our society. Don't get me wrong, I love giving blow-jobs...but not as part of some sort exchange, even if it is "just a bit of fun". If it wasn't a direct response to V day then I wouldn't mind.

I think I'll stick to Pi(e) day! :pac:

Well I am the one in my relationship who eats steak so no one is demanding meat form me and I would not be in a relationship with someone who demanded oral sex from me as a right or as part of a trade off.

I am not a fan of Valentines day, I prefer something more along the lines of meat and sex day, so I choose to take part in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭openup

Well I am the one in my relationship who eats steak so no one is demanding meat form me and I would not be in a relationship with someone who demanded oral sex from me as a right or as part of a trade off.

I am not a fan of Valentines day, I prefer something more along the lines of meat and sex day, so I choose to take part in it.

I wasn't implying that your partner is demanding anything! All I meant was that it adds to the already ridiculously prevalent and damaging idea that men only do nice things for women when they are going to be rewarded with sex.
    It also implies that men aren't loving; valentine's day is just for girls.

If you choose to take part in it then that's your choice and I wasn't getting at you personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I don't know any man who takes this day seriously. Of course it's a joke.

However, there is a slightly more serious side to it, which I remember discussing over a few beers with some guys, and that is that it is often used as a gentle reminder of the effort and expense that many men will go to for Valentine's day for their other halves.

Now, some women don't care about Valentine's day. Others like it to be only nominally recognised (some flowers and/or a card). Others again will expect a romantic evening out or more - not joking, I've known men who got the cold treatment when they 'fell short'.

So sometimes it doesn't hurt to remind the one you love that relationships are quid pro quo, because you'd be surprised how many out there take what their men will do for Valentine's day for granted.

Otherwise, it is just a joke.

Personally, I think 'turn up the heating to full and spend the day naked at home doing naughty things with each other as you go about your day' day, is a lot more fun for both.

I don't know any man who takes this day seriously. Of course it's a joke.

However, there is a slightly more serious side to it, which I remember discussing over a few beers with some guys, and that is that it is often used as a gentle reminder of the effort and expense that many men will go to for Valentine's day for their other halves.

Now, some women don't care about Valentine's day. Others like it to be only nominally recognised (some flowers and/or a card). Others again will expect a romantic evening out or more - not joking, I've known men who got the cold treatment when they 'fell short'.

So sometimes it doesn't hurt to remind the one you love that relationships are quid pro quo, because you'd be surprised how many out there take what their men will do for Valentine's day for granted.

Otherwise, it is just a joke.

Personally, I think 'turn up the heating to full and spend the day naked at home doing naughty things with each other as you go about your day' day, is a lot more fun for both.

You do realise Valentine's day is for both people in the relationship? It's not "Man does something for Woman day." All my friends in relationships did things for each other (one couple both baked each other cakes, so they'd have twice as much cake.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Lyaiera wrote: »
    You do realise Valentine's day is for both people in the relationship? It's not "Man does something for Woman day." All my friends in relationships did things for each other (one couple both baked each other cakes, so they'd have twice as much cake.)
    TBH, most men would prefer stake rather than a cake; we just go along with it, a lot (but not all) of the time, because it's what makes her happy and not because we're all that into it. That's not to say that there's no quid pro quo in many cases, but in many others it's pretty asymmetric and in a few only one way.

Like it or not, that's how Valentine's day is perceived, at least by most men - that it's, at best principally, about her. If it wasn't, they wouldn't release chick flicks rather than action movies for the day and there wouldn't be any Stake and Blowjob day gag in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Is it something a decent percentage of the population celebrate? I thought it was just a novelty thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Lyaiera wrote: »

Partially true (Alright, mostly true), but I unfortunately feel the need to poke my head in here and object a wee bit.

There is tremendous pressure on males (both in relationships and single) to do the whole courtship/romance/spoiling stuff on Valentines day.

Whilst women do get gifts for their partners, I'd happily say the vast majority of men, from gaming nerds, jocks, gym buffs and so on, really don't give a flying donkey about anything big on Valentines day. The guy on the other hand is basically expected to treat his love to a night out, cards, chocolates a nice meal and so on. And we do it, because it's expected of us as well as out of love.

Now personally, as a guy, I hate Valentines Day and always have. I find the whole idea to be a mockery and a shame on what a true relationship should be about. I don't like the idea of having to take my girlfriend out on a certain night, I'd rather do it on a spontaneous whim or a surprise to show my affection and love, I'm pretty sure most people prefer it.

I'd honestly say though, that Valentines Day is more about the woman in the relationship than the man, and this is obvious when portrayed in every day advertising and what people are in restaurants on the day.

S&BJ day was made as a simple parody of it, and again, I can't think of any guy who -really- takes it seriously. It's more like a vague hope :P

Advertisement