Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 licences under €40

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Indeed, time will tell :-)
    bmaxi wrote: »
    "A fool and his money are soon parted" is an obvious riposte here. :)

This arrived today, great ebayer all perfect and activated online no issues.

Thanks for the help tatranska.
    MAJJ wrote: »
    Indeed, time will tell :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Just ordered a few from the german supplier that ships through hitmeister.de mentioned earlier.

http://www.pcfritz.de/software/betriebssystem/windows-7-professional/10264/windows-7-professional-64-bit

I will post an update as soon as they arrive or I get some tracking numbers.

Now there's a bargain, hope it works out
    hearny wrote: »
    Just ordered a few from the german supplier that ships through hitmeister.de mentioned earlier.

http://www.pcfritz.de/software/betriebssystem/windows-7-professional/10264/windows-7-professional-64-bit

Just took delivery of 5 Windows 7 Pro 64 bit DELL DVD's with 5 product key COA labels.
    COA labels say Dell too, I will post as soon as I need to activate 1 or more of them.

€115 Including shipping so nothing wrong with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Just took delivery of 5 Windows 7 Pro 64 bit DELL DVD's with 5 product key COA labels.
    COA labels say Dell too, I will post as soon as I need to activate 1 or more of them.

€115 Including shipping so nothing wrong with that.

how did you manage that, cheapest price I can see for one is €29,90 (plus shipping it's €44,80)?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

deadduck wrote: »
    how did you manage that, cheapest price I can see for one is €29,90 (plus shipping it's €44,80)?

It was 19.90€ before.

The price seems to change by the day from 19.90 to 29.90.

My order was sitting there with a status of "Order ha not been processed" all week, was delivered by An Post, maybe they realised when they shipped my order that it costs more to get to Ireland, I didnt look at using Parcel Motel to see if I could save 15 Euro for shipping isn't bad when you consider the price of the software and because I wasn't sure they would arrive I wanted my Paypal address and the delivery address to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

The price seems to change by the day from 19.90 to 29.90.

My order was sitting there with a status of "Order ha not been processed" all week, was delivered by An Post, maybe they realised when they shipped my order that it costs more to get to Ireland, I didnt look at using Parcel Motel to see if I could save 15 Euro for shipping isn't bad when you consider the price of the software and because I wasn't sure they would arrive I wanted my Paypal address and the delivery address to match.

Is pcfritz.de sending orders from UK and not from DE? Because otherwise I am not sure how could you use Parcel Motel. AFAIK Parcel Motel delivers only from UK. Or am I missing something?

Its coming from Germany but the point of parcel motel is that you get a UK address (Belfast) so items are delivered there so if delivery is not allowed to Ireland but is to N.I. you can use Parcel Motel. The origin is not all that important.

Its often useful if there is a big difference in shipping prices between here and UK, amazon for example often have free UK shipping but to Ireland it may be around 5 / 6 Sterling, using Parcel Motel it would be €3.50, its not the biggest saving in the world but its a saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

I just ordered from pcfritz.de and although shipping is expensive, it still works out ok (around 44 e) for a full win 7 pro license. The disc is Dell, same as CoA, it installs and activates without any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Just ordered 4 @ 19.90 plus 14.90 shipping to Ireland from pcfitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mindbloggling

Tesco in Lisduggan Waterford selling Window 7 premium for €10

Jesus that's some price any windows 7 pro I might call up for a look tomorrow. Where are they in there.

Jesus that's some price any windows 7 pro I might call up for a look tomorrow. Where are they in there.

They were at the end of an aisle there which has the red warehouse sale. There was only one/two there as I was leaving today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Misprice?

Yellow sticker. Stock clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

I will check tomorrow in Sligo - for this price if it is oem or full retail is great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Wish I had seen it before my friend updated to window 8.
    She just likes windows 7.Thanks for posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

pcfritz is in the news , raided by an organised crime squad.

http://www.golem.de/news/microsoft-durchsuchung-bei-pc-fritz-wegen-illegaler-windows-7-kopien-1309-101686.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

For any third level students in here you may be able to get windows 8 (and 7, vista,xp etc) for free.

Email your college/university helpdesk and ask if they are enroled in dreamspark premium. Or you can check here: https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Default.aspx?tab=2#TabbedPanels1
    You get a plethora of Microsoft software for free including their operating systems.

I have gotten keys for windows 8 and 7 in the past week and other software such as visual studio ultimate.

It may be a case of your institute only allowing IT students access too it though.

It did seem to be too good to be true alright still have a few left. I hope the ones I had activated do not come back as pirate copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

It did seem to be too good to be true alright still have a few left. I hope the ones I had activated do not come back as pirate copies.

I'd say they are innocent until proven otherwise. Microsoft tried the same in Germany before. And lost. I bought myself a copy of win7 64 pro from the crowd in the news and it activated without any problem, the sticker seems also fine to me.
    I can see why MS has trouble with companies selling off cheap/used licences, but I don't buy that "pirated" claim for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

Limericks wrote: »
    For any third level students in here you may be able to get windows 8 (and 7, vista,xp etc) for free.

Email your college/university helpdesk and ask if they are enroled in dreamspark premium. Or you can check here: https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Default.aspx?tab=2#TabbedPanels1
    You get a plethora of Microsoft software for free including their operating systems.

I have gotten keys for windows 8 and 7 in the past week and other software such as visual studio ultimate.

It may be a case of your institute only allowing IT students access too it though.

looks like you need to contact the admin in your college to get an account though, tracking that person would be very difficult for some colleges, thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

I hope so too as I bought one a while ago and it activated fine. I was going to buy another one but noticed the Visa pay option was gone so I googled them.

Advertisement