Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Any reports from Nothern Boardsies, it looks like Antrim is getting a pasting at the moment.

Winds here in N/E Kildare have dropped off and the snow that is falling is nice and fluffy, not a lot falling at the moment though.

Humidity 78%, Temp 2 degrees, Real Feel -7 :eek: and Dew Point -2:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

decent moderate snow shower here, attempting to give a covering but temps still marginal (2.0)

ZX7R wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if some people wake up to a couple of cm of snow by the morning,the shower's are starting to get quite beefy and more prolonged ,the reason around my area (suncroft)that the snow is not sticking on the roads is the gritter has been around twice this evening.

A gritter in Kildare, WOW, no fear of me seeing one on the way to Sallins to get the train in the morning.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

That radar echo off wexford looks dodgey, dont know if to trust it. Radar coverage is truly ****e for here.

Looking at the latest Radar on both Rain today and Meteo Radar, the Irish Sea is bubbling up nicely at the moment.
    http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/ZoomRadar?lat=53.375&lon=-6.290909090909091&z=7&x=191&y=350&type=rain-snow-sleet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Light snow here in Derry at the moment. Starting to ly on the roads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

coming down light enough in Newbridge ,

Sticking to Cars , roofs , Grass but not the roads or paths

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    That radar echo off wexford looks dodgey, dont know if to trust it. Radar coverage is truly ****e for here.

Never mind, coming down decent now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Deank wrote: »
    A gritter in Kildare, WOW, no fear of me seeing one on the way to Sallins to get the train in the morning.:(
    Local lad drives the gritter he is also a biker like myself so maby that has something to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

BEASTERLY wrote: »

Pretty sure that image is valid. Been watching it move across the Irish Sea. Should be hitting Wexford town now.

Any reports from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Could Dublin be in for a bit of a dumping ? Looks likely on latest frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Here by the looks of the radar it looks like parts of Northern Ireland, Down especially, have been hammered with continuous snow significantly heavier than anything that has fallen in the south for several hours now.

Any reports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Saganist wrote: »
    Could Dublin be in for a bit of a dumping ? Looks likely on latest frame.

being zero degrees for hours yet very little freeze ..the snow that fell melted a bit:confused:

Pretty sure that image is valid. Been watching it move across the Irish Sea. Should be hitting Wexford town now.

Any reports from there?

Yea I have it, happy to report I was wrong. Backed up by sat images too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

notnumber wrote: »
    being zero degrees for hours yet very little freeze ..the snow that fell melted a bit:confused:

And quiet quickly I might add

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Any reports from there?

Not as of yet, my trusty lamppost is clear! Ill update if snow arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

light snow in d12,cant believe it is not sticking,its so cold!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Heavy snow in donnybrook. Been snowing for nearly 2 hours on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Have had some snizzle of and on most of the afternoon, but it has been snowing (real flakes) for the last hour and is starting to settle, also seems very sparkly for some reason mabey cos its quite dry snow?

-1.1C. dp -5.7 humidity 71%

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

dopolahpec wrote: »
    Here by the looks of the radar it looks like parts of Northern Ireland, Down especially, have been hammered with continuous snow significantly heavier than anything that has fallen in the south for several hours now.

Any reports?

Light rain being reported from Glenane which is not too far from Newry.

Snowing again here and has been sticking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

The threat of precipitation Friday / Sat is back on the cards for the south west / south on the 18z Gfs rolling out, looks high ground as usual, but it may change with the cold in place. To be watched closely (as if we wouldnt :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Snowing on and off here in Arklow,none sticking,it's the same story,too brief with the mad bursts for that and then back to a flurry-rinse and repeat.

Interesting that the biggest activity is now in the south Irish sea off the wexFord coast Which is not whats modeled...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

nothing here. had a few snow grain blizzards during the day, which melted rapidly. if they fell tonight i'd expect an accumilation of about 1-2mm:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

mumo3 wrote: »
    And quiet quickly I might add

All the 'dudes' seem to have vacated here of late ..lads what are ye doing with the laws of thermodynamics..its not funny...give them back :P water not freezing at 0C ..I give up..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

well had the heaviest shower all day about 30 mins ago, left a slight dusting on cars and roofs. Better stuff heading Dublin's way according to met.ie radar

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

DOCARCH wrote: »

Light rain being reported from Glenane which is not too far from Newry.

Snowing again here and has been sticking.

Activity over Down is the same as Dublin....constant but moderate....all white again in Dublin 15.... still snowing moderately although looks more spectacular in the wind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

I think i'm going to give up looking at the radar as it's been very strange today ( fcuked up)...Anyway temp down to -1.4 here with a slight dusting from earlier well frozen so fingers crossed us folk inland get some of the white gold tonight:)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Ooooh it's back again, falling quite quickly but it's tiny balls of snow! Can we not just have one snow day, just one, pleaseeee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

dopolahpec wrote: »

Any reports?

South armagh here 2 miles from newry and its been snowing steadily for a couple of hours leaving a light coating on the ground nothing to get excited about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

How come the Isle of Man isn't preventing the streamers from forming? Not that I particularly miss it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement