Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital sought court order to force C Section

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/column-new-plans-hse-plans-will-further-limit-womens-choices-in-childbirth-833967-Mar2013/

I think it's worrying how restrictive it's becoming, the oppsite of trends in many other EU countries, and that it's an issue which we should be thinking about and talking about before those of us who want to have kids start having them and even if you choose to never have kids, we have friends and family who will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

pwurple wrote: »
    My pregnancies were in Cork. First pregnancy scan on first pregnancy was at 8 weeks in the EPU, as I hadn't had a period in 6 months and had no idea how pregnant I was. Second scan was back into the normal system at 12 weeks. Had a scan at 21 weeks, 26 weeks, 30 weeks and 41 weeks.

Second pregnancy I did know my dates, my first scan was scheduled for 12 weeks in CUMH.

One scan at 34 weeks is not the norm in CUMH. I can only assume they weren't attending the hospital, but had requested the midwives clinic instead.

I've come back to this because I'm currently in a mum's group on Facebook, all of us are due around the same time. Two mums are attending CUMH, not the midwives' clinic but the hospital, and have been told 20 week anomaly scans are no longer being offered for 'low risk pregnancies' due to cutbacks. Both have decided to have their own scans done privately at their own expense in private scanning clinics, and it seems there's only one in Cork doing them at the moment, so if you can't travel or can't pay, you don't get one. One woman attended last year and got one, so she was shocked to be told she wouldn't get one this time around.

I thought it was necessary to clarify the current situation in one maternity hospital as of this month.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

You mean bacteria? No antibiotic is effective against viruses.

Yes I did mean that.

Advertisement