Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Lucky and nice few sets to get. Really a shame they don't have a lego store in Ireland, very weird as well I think. Yeah lots of stock out of stock on their website. I probably should of bought during black Friday as I ordered other day but getting the 3 in 1 fishing boat creator set free and some mystery polybag free as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I swear for sure Ireland should be a mid size market at least, indeed it is odd to not have an official lego store here!

I actually have that 3in1 set ages ago ha, it is a nice give away. Honestly for lego online, it is only worth for me if they have some nice promotion, most of the sets can be found discounted elsewhere very often. I got the 4x 5euro via VIP promotion not long ago - so I will definitely get something by 30-Jan ha.

Yeah with population and tourists coming over there is more then enough of customers for a store here, just v weird. Yeah I usually wouldn't buy from their online store, like you say cheaper in different stores but handy when good promotions on etc. Handy with the 5er vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭General Disarray

Completed my Titanic set.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Lego to build $1bn factory in Vietnam

Construction on the site is due to start next year, with plans to match its energy consumption with solar panels on its roof and on a nearby farm

• Advertisement

I pre ordered the Mountain windmill on bricklink. Just something about it caught my eye. Be nice set up with medieval castle/villages etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Just watched a YouTube video there in regards the bricklink castle in the forest. Some people have received it now but lego used stickers for some of the flags and shields in the set, very annoying for people who are getting it. Looks brilliant otherwise but that's a real shame there with the stickers.

Merry Xmas. I hope you all get some lego as gifts on the day. Stay safe and hope you all have a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,250 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lego Sonic the Hedgehog set announced.

1125 pieces for €69.99 and its out in a few days on January 1.

I like it. I won't get it right away but down the line. Wasn't a fan of the Mario lego didn't buy that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Missed the Titanic when it came out, is it likely to be restocked?

It will but say its a popular set so it might be a while.

I see that there will be a free gift with purchase in the 1st so in a few hours just not sure if in shop only or online as well. 125 dollars spend so whatever they convert into euro. Modular lego store build it is. They don't seem to be doing the store event promotion Calendar at the moment anymore so hard to know when promotions and double VIP points will be on sadly.

I am wondering that also what will be the free gift before i pulled my trigger lol. Last year the vintage car was worth it aha.

Supposedly the free gift could be that LEGO Brand Store (40528) but nothing showed at their online store yet.

and ye happy new years to fellow lego boardsie <3

Oh brickset actually mentioned, welp:

Unfortunately the gifts with purchase are not particularly enticing: 30588 Kids' Playground is free with qualifying City purchases, and 30416 Market Stall with qualifying Friends purchases.

Post edited by seraphimvc on

Happy New year back and to you all on here. Yeah the free gifts are not great at moment the polybags. Be a lot harder to figure out now when to buy stuff from their store for free gifts etc. If the promo calendar doesn't show anymore now. Got nothing from lego still have a few sets reserved in argos to collect, collected a few already so need to get the last few at the price I got them reserved on.

Most of my lego I got since end of November, not including the Ghostbusters Ecto 1creator expert as have taken that out of its box and the vidyo sets. Plus another 1 of the ninjago catamarans that isn't in the picture. The lego friends set,the 3 in 1 set and tje 2 Harry Potter sets and vidyo are for presents, rest keep for myself.

damn lad, thats a lot of boxes, you will have enough space to store them? 😝

ya quite some of them are retired/retiring so good timing to get them, all cool sets.

I am truly cutting down my lego purchase (unless I could get some extra space somehow...). I just ordered the chinese new year with mini scenes set, just to use my vouchers i got from black friday. This year for sure I will get the other chinese new year set (ice skiing, looks amazing from some review video), R2D2 and thats about it, I think lol....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

The minifigs from that Mandolorian Forge look very nice, and it's not too expensive. Think that and the Imperial Armoured Marauder will be the next gets for me.

Still have to finish off the ISS, and start the Lunar Lander.............and get the Space Shuttle Discovery, and Saturn V Rocket. And build a Technic Tracked Loader.(that my lego account kindly tells me I will have been sitting on for three years at the end of January 😐️ ) That old chestnut of Time, Money, and Space, there is never enough of all of them.

Space I am nearly out of. The attic is a bedroom so the eves only place to store it and that's more or less full now when I put them in there. I had to buy a few container boxes a few years back and just opened a lot of sets and put the lego in there still in their packages and with instructions. So get a lot of sets into one of them then. I don't sell on lego I think I sold 9 altogether so I get rid of the boxes I will have to do that again soon in the eves of the house to make room otherwise that's it no more room it seems. I like those Chinese new year sets there different now. Haha famous last words I say I will cut down I don't seem to but this month I won't get really anymore.

Yeah there 2 good sets to get nice minifigures and not the worse price and their small sets so handy space wise. Was strange I got the mandalorian starfighter from lego.ie mid December for 54.99 now it is 69.99 on their site. Wasn't on sale at the time either. 55 in smyths. Nice space sets you have there to build but like you it's the space is the issue. Money of course but space is the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BABRICK

hey folks, anyone else still waiting on their January 1st orders to update to in transit. Mines been stuck in data revived for 5 days now and nothing wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Masterkey01

Yes, Ive the Same issue, Ordered Jan 1st, Says Order transmitted to DPD on the 4th and thats it, Very slow and disappointing.

Received my order last weekend when i ordered the chinese new year ice skating set on Monday 10-Jan heh, pretty fast delivery actually. The promotional year of tiger set is pretty good, it is my first year of animal set ha. Brickset site has the full collection to date if anyone wants to look at them together.

Did ya see the Globe set reveal lol, it came out abit of surprise as i think it only showed up not long ago? Looks ok to me, cool design but i dont think i will get it.

https://brickset.com/article/70029/review-21332-the-globe

You got it fast in the end and least with 1 free promotion. Got the free year one last year and gave it to my neiece. Yeah saw the review for it on YouTube. Looks nice built but they were saying it's not the most exciting set to build as a lot of the same builds doing it but once built they say its one of the better looking lego sets ever made. I don't think it's for me either saying that.

Watched a YouTube video there. Vintage taxi seems to be gift with purchase from January 28th with 200 dollar spend so presume 200 euro.

yes saw that too - i wonder if they send them free to those who got the modular earlier this month lol. some let down for those 1st day orders ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Unlikely unfortunately. It's a known marketing technique that they use to try to generate more orders. A lot of the time they will generally limit GWPs to when there's no big launches as they know that the big launches will sell on day one regardless. And then the die-hards will come back for another bite if there's a promotion later in the month!

Advertisement