Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Saw that Corner garage is set to retire soon. Does Anyone have it and think it's worth it? I already have Assembly Square, Diner, and Bookstore.

Where's the best place to get retired modulars?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭xeresod

I had ignored it initially as it didn't appear as good as the other modulars, but got it recently once I heard it was set to retire and I was pleasantly surprised by it - good features in the garage and there's a vet on the upper storey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Some of the confirmed starwars 2022 sets and also some big rumors' for 2022, Dark trooper battle pack/new republic fighter tank/clone type battle pack with mace windu, take those with a pinch of salt :)

• 75320 - $20 Hoth Battle Pack
    • 75321 - $10 Razor Crest Microfighter
    • 75322 - $50 Hoth AT-ST
    • 75323 - Republic Fighter Tank?
    • 75324 - $30 Luke vs. Dark Troopers
    • 75325 - $60 [Unknown]
    • 75326 - $100 Boba Fett's Palace
    • 75327 - Luke's Helmet
    • 75328 - Mandalorian's Helmet?
    • 75329 - $60 Death Star Battle (TROS?)
    • 75330 - $80 Yoda's Training

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

oh boys it is happening :D i am actually excited for quite some of them, especially

• 75324 - $30 Luke vs. Dark Troopers
    • 75326 - $100 Boba Fett's Palace
    • 75329 - $60 Death Star Battle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Hopefully they do as some great sets. Saw pic of the Titanic set being released. Looks brilliant just a shame I don't have 630 euro for it.

• Advertisement

ah i googled it - oh for that price....it reminds me that i have some 'offbrand' Titanic set at Symth's that cost like less than 100e and probably same size too. Ye if one really wants one i would recommend go 'off brand', it wont make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Whiteshoes99

Hi guys, I hope you’re all well. I’m a relatively new AFOL, only got back into Lego in around April or May. I’m just wondering where’s the best place to get retired sets? Specifically I’m looking for modulars. I’m raging I missed out on the Downtown Diner, does anyone know where I could get that for a reasonable price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Bricklink is a good option. It was recently (last 12 months or so) purchased by the Lego group but its stock comes from independent sellers all over the world. It can be tricky to navigate at times (but there are some useful youtube videos explaining how to use it) and shipping can be a challenge but you can pick up all sorts of sets along with individual parts, pieces, minifigs etc...

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/main.page

welcome lad! oh god i remember when i just came out of my dark age it was mainly because of the modulars aha. Parisian restaurant is still my favourite and my first set after like 20years. Retired sets generally are shockingly expensive that honestly you better off forget them (after looking at how affordable they are on bricklink, as quazzy said above).

For modulars, try ebay also, OR, when you go visit places in germany netherlands uk (outside of london area), i actually tend to see old sets just sit there with their RRP prices, whether it is lego official shop or toy shops.

For Diner, i just got it early this year (from Smyths), exactly for the reason i dont want to regret that when it is fully retired aha (for me thats the best/last modular since the Assembly square), so ya best of luck to ya. You should be able to still get Assembly Square, I thought that is a must have for modular fan.

and ohye, recent rumour that they may rerelease modular sets, so if you cant get hold of the older modulars, there is hope to wait for them rerelease aha.

and ye just did a quick search also, average around 300e damage...i am sure this set is not that popular really (US themed set in EU market), and i am sure there are plenty sitting somewhere in those toyshops in suburb toyshop in england/scotland (i used to visit quite often like manchester, bath, plymouth).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Double VIP points promo currently live on Lego store until Sunday.

• Advertisement

Ordered lego star wars 75315 imperial light cruiser from zavvi last night 15 pounds off it but then got an additional 12% code off lego sets which worked on discounted sets so was 124. 50 pounnds there abouts including shipping. Was decent amount off it. I knew double VIP points etc on now and was coming but prefer the extra money off.

Picked up the lego marvel advent calendar on Tuesday and the lego star wars today as well as bobba fett's starship 75312. I would pick up the advent calendar soon if people were looking to get them as this day next mth I wouldn't say they will be easy if at all to get them then.

aha i have only gotten 1 SW advent calendar when it was on half price (after new year), cant justify for myself to get 1-2 unique figs for that full price but ya i would like the christmas baby yoda and mando this year - i think they are/will be all sold out like last year so oh well.

meanwhile, look at my mini christmas tree corner aha

Looks good some cool sets there. Yeah the advent calendar is v pricey for what it is. I didn't bother getting last year's one and I regret not getting it.

if you are keen on the assembly square (retiring soon), smyths has it on reduced price currently (i just posted it at the bargain thread)

I saw that in UK these advent calendars (Marvel, SW) are on 10-20% reduced price actually, but ya it is sold out so fast over here :<

The new Lego Home Alone set looks sensational.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

So glad the earlier reduced piece count rumours turned out to be untrue.

When I first started getting back into Lego as an adult, I went the obvious route of Technic cars, but there just seems to be more and more I want from non Technic sets, this included.

Now, where can I place it and still access it easily at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Home Alone set is a day 1 purchase for sure. Will fit in nicely with my winter village display too.

Think I'll be waiting til double points in November for Black Friday otherwise I'd be the exact same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Home Alone house is perfect - day 1 purchase for me on 1 November. I'd say it will sell out fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

If they sell out, is that it? Do Lego keep it as a limited item, or bring more stock back in? I'm tempted by a few items - The Haunted House and Assembly Square especially - but I'm thinking of holding off on those and getting the Home Alone house. It looks amazing especially the way you can access the house, opening out the walls and the roof.

No they'd go on backorder first and then temporarily out of stock but it would eventually come back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Let's hope it's back in stock that quick... I think sets are going to be increasingly harder to find the closer we get to Christmas.

Fair point. Might just bite the bullet on day one!

There was a queue onto the Lego site at midnight tonight. Have never seen that before!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭g0g

Home Alone I assumed! Ordered first thing to be 150% sure for Christmas. Sods law it'll still be available fine at Black Friday with better promos!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,763 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Discover a frightfully fun adventure with these LEGO Super Mario Luigi’s Mansion Sets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I ordered it today also, didn't want to take the chance it will sell out. I'd rather have it in my paw than take a chance on points etc.

Advertisement