Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

This is common now at midnight on the launch of a new wave of sets... titanic, home alone, batman Tumblr and more were made available last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Have my Home Alone set ordered now, be lovely to have that as part of the Christmas decor!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Ordered the Home Alone Set at about 6am, sure that there'd be a run on it and that the whole thing would collapse. Still, seems plenty of stock, Titanic also available for backorder. There also didn't seem to be any of the usual Lego site jankiness. Have they finally sorted the site out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

October's sets I got

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Leaked pictures of Star Wars UCS AT AT up on instagram and it looks glorious!! Meant to be released in next week or two.

Loads of minifigs with detailed cross-section interior. They also seem to have sorted the weight on legs stability issue by using a tool to adjust/move the legs.

absolutely gorgeous, day 1 purchase for me - even at €800

• Advertisement

Saw the pictures of it. Looks really nice now. Ha sadly can't afford the 800 for it but super nice set to get. Out black Friday so 26th this mth. Also you will get gift with purchase which will be the Luke skywalker light saber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

That looks nice, but yeah...800 quid on a lego set, it can stay looking really nice. That'd buy a lot of other sets.

Smyths discounted the Falcon from €800 to about €650 a year or two ago - they used to do sales every September whereby you'd spend €50 to get €10 off or something.

so if they repeat that and get AT AT in stock might be more reasonable €650 or so...

smyths still have over 30 Falcons in stock so not sure why they don't discount them more from the RRP of €800

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

oh god it should look massive aha, it finally happens i guess and apparently you need to use a screw thingy to adjust the legs etc lol. Ah I won't be getting it but great news for the ATAT (hardcore) fans.

so nice aha, my maul vs ashoka set just arrived yesterday as well - are you going to get the TIE fighter and X wing too?

• Advertisement

I think that's a great little set to be fair. Few euro off it as well at moment. Yeah I got them both I think last mth along with the imperial marauder. Just 2 sets left i have to pick up from this wave and that's the mandalorian forge set and mandalorian starfighter, will get them soon enough, just seeing if they will drop a few euro in smyths 1st. Not too pushed on the figure head sets so won't really go for them.

Not sure as they haven't done the 10 euro off 50 last 2 years, said was over covid. Probably won't bother ever doing it again. Falcon might go down black fri with them tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah I don't think they'll be doing it again. It was originally a tactic to clear shelves for Christmas stock but covid had altered both demand and the seasonal approach to toys so it's not something that'll return.

That's not to say they won't have a spot sale on it.

For me, it's a gorgeous set but it's just not worth €800. I could afford it but I just don't think it's worth it so its a value based decision on to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

100% A day 1 purchase for me. No idea where it will go, but feck it haha

Can't afford it sadly and even if I could not a hope I have a place to put it out. Not sure sometimes I think argos can have the better discounts on lego last while. Hopefully some good offers come black Friday on sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

AT-AT look incredible in fairness. Far exceeded my expectations for it. The price will make it a hard ask. I lusted after the original UCS MF for years after it came out and always regretted not getting it. Followed every rumour closely about a new model thereafter. And when it finally came out.... I found I just couldn't bring myself to pay the price for a single set. Fortunately my wife eventually got it for my 40th.

I've 200 euro worth of lego points now saved up. I've been specifically saving them for this. But again, I think I'd still struggle to pull the trigger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Get the UCS MF man, its an unbelievable build. Like you I had an oppertunity to buy the old USC MF back in the day and always regretted it. Was so worth it for me to buy the new one when it came out

yes, i got this £5 off 15 amazon so there goes for that (when it is already on reduced price) :D this is actually my first ashoka that i have always wanted her (was in dark age during clone wars lego period..), i wish they will release that Ghost ship, the secondary market price for that is mad (i did get its micro fighter version ha).

yes, indeed thats like a month rent worth of lego for these UCS sets nowadays lol. good job from wife ha.

I bought UCS MF iirc (around) the lowest price via John Lewis (shipped from UK) last year - when it is about to retire and John Lewis did a clearance so all in all it costed me ~600e (conversion rate that time) - finally pulled the trigger. Otherwise, my mate actually put 50e in piggy bank per month and then buy it when saved up (was at full price 800e).

Luckily only R2D2 is in my UCS list to get (in next 1-2 years lol), not in a rush (and no space to put it aha)

Yeah I think I have her 2 or 3 times. Great figure to get and you got a bargain there for the set. Yeah I have the micro fighter of the Ghost as well. I remember seeing all the star wars rebels sets in art and hobby but I hadn't seen the cartoon so I didn't bother getting them at the time. Wish I had of now. I have bought a few of them since then but wish I had them all. It wouldn't surprise me if they do them again down the line.

Yes, really hope they do! the pilot girl showed up in Bad Batch show so maybe the ship may show up in season2 of that ha.

• Advertisement

Not sure I doubt it that happens before rebels as she is younger in that so would have to jump a good few years in advance unless she gets the ship at a young age and it ends up being in season 2 so hopefully. Also I reckon that was Kanan from rebels that was the young padawan that they were hunting down in the 1st episode.

yes definitely kanan! we realized also later it was obvious lol, quite subtle really. The ship may show up before the actual clone wars crew so ya maybe :p on the other hand, what is the chance that soon we will get a Boba's Hut set (trailer dropped a few days, looks good cant wait) - but i want an actual Jabba big fig lol

I'm looking forward to the new wave. There is a jabbas Palace well I suppose be a bobba fett's Palace so 100 euro set. More not sure when the pics will drop for January wave as the AT-AT was only dropped there yesterday with pics and that's out in 3 wks time so might be more come December when we see then. Yeah I love like to get a figure of him as well. I bought my nephew jabbas Palace back in the day shame I didn't for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Really should be a dedicated Star Wars Lego chat thread tbh

Either you're mad into it or have no interest at all.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

My Home Alone set that was ordered Sunday night finally shipped today :)

Got my home alone set delivered yesterday - very happy.

UCS AT AT looks incredible but i might hold off 6-12 months and see if i can get a discount, €800 a lot for a set and won't get to build it for at least 6 months.

amazing set though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Hopefully the adverts sellers who have "bad batch shuttles" and other sets with a good bit off might have the new at-at too 😁😁😁

For Boba's Palace, rumors' are out for the figs, Boba/Fennec/2 x Guards & 2 x "bounty hunters"

If that's the case I am happy with those figures as seems a fair amount for 100. Just depends how big the set is. Yeah some people can have decent savings on adverts with lego but I say in regards the AT-AT probably won't as they seem to only have sets that are in shops. Unless smyths sell the AT-AT then they might but I doubt it sadly that you will get it on adverts for 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Also supposed to be a rancor included, but its thought to be brick built. I'm more looking forward to this to get the new boba & fennec figs, for me its cheaper than buying the cruiser 😏 but I want that Gideon fig too

• Advertisement

Shame about the rancor if its a brick built one but better than nothing if that's the case. Yeah pricey way to get him, I'm sure he will pop up in another set down the line to be fair. Cruiser is pricey. 146 on zavvi but 4 delivery so only 10er saving there from lego store, but sometimes Zavvi.com have codes was one other wk an additional 12% off so there a decent site to keep an eye on and register with them.

Advertisement