Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Exposure

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

On a slightly more serious note, I do think that both sexes should be a little more careful about what they post on facebook. If not for the sake of not providing creepy stalkers fap material, then simply so that if your employer or a relative looks you up on facebook, there aren't any pictures of you completely pissed out of your mind or straddling someone in a nightclub (those ones really make me cringe- who allows themselves to be tagged in pictures like that?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Option is there as well,
    If you see a photo that you either don't want somebody to see,
    Or only want a group of people to see,
    There's a function there to allow only a specific group of people to see it..
    Have used it for a few videos myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Option is there as well,
    If you see a photo that you either don't want somebody to see,
    Or only want a group of people to see,
    There's a function there to allow only a specific group of people to see it..
    Have used it for a few videos myself...

True, you can adjust privacy settings, but personally I work on the basis that if I'm not happy with anyone online seeing this, I shouldn't be putting it up on facebook. That goes for both posts and pictures. The internet simply isn't a private forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Fantastic wording :P
    Started off with a genuine question then gradually starting releasing more and more information til you were dishing out tips :P
    If you add one of her friends you can give those albums a proper look! :P

Internet's a dangerous place...
    There's a fair amount of attention seekers out there,
    Who know full well there's a vast variety of people checking them out,
    Guessing they like it,
    There's a lot as well that are just naive..
    Found out there recently when I got a new phone,
    Automagically synced with Facebook when I logged in,
    Have all contacts now on my phone, and a surprising amount of numbers as well that people have made public on their profile..
    Have their name, email, phone number, job title, address, "Facebook Family Members" (Often friends as sisters and brothers) and date of birth at the touch of a button... And their most recent Facebook profile pic :P
    Just thinking if you filled all this in and made it available to public, it's a scammers dream!
    Sorry lost this but I can prove it's me, go on, ask me my DOB, email, parents, cousins, address...
    All readily available!

Easier than adding it one by one but there's a handful of people in my contacts now that I don't know, yet I have their mobile, email and DOB...
    Risky...
    Lucky I can't be bothered to do anything with them... :P

Chorus could do with a bit of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

I still don't get the whole facebook thing and don't plan on ever getting involved with it.

It's rather scary to know info you put on there when you are a teen will still be out there many years later and yes, it could hurt somebody and keep them from getting a job OR send them to jail.

To address the OP's question (and yeah, it did sound a bit perv and stalking) people are pretty stupid for putting all that on the net but I think he's even nuttier than they are by playing his game with these girls.

Get a job OP! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I lived with someone who sat on front of facebook most of the day. He had a talent for finding out the details of whatever girl he had his eye on. Even if he'd only seen her while buying a burger in the place she worked he would find out. Then he would try and find out a way of being around her. The problem was he wouldn't talk to them, so he never got anywhere. Which is probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

O.P. stop stalking women on facebook its un-healthy .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Mydayoff wrote: »
    I'm not a rapist.. I'm just a bit unorthodox in my ways. I'd be careful of the way you throw the term 'rapey' around in real life, and first be sure that it is called for! There is nothing wrong with stalking as long as its on facebook, and by bedding girls I mean asking them.. its just funny to say it that way.
    In that case ive bedded thousands.

Never knew I was being modest all this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Whats the deal with this new Graph search thing on facebook OP? havn't tried it yet, is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Siuin wrote: »
    True, you can adjust privacy settings, but personally I work on the basis that if I'm not happy with anyone online seeing this, I shouldn't be putting it up on facebook. That goes for both posts and pictures. The internet simply isn't a private forum.

but this is it,

why would you join a social network and then post things nobody can see???
    if you need a privacy setting why is the content going up there in the first place?

i know people who have settings on some photos as 'only me'
    i mean why put the photo there if you are the only one who can see it?

if sharing things is not your thing find the appropriate forum to share. if you want your brother in america to see that one photo of his nephew, send it by email/text....don't post it on facebook and change the setting to only me excpetions him and then post a status freaking out because when you google your facebook that photo appears! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Chorus could do with a bit of work.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=414110
    Most recent comment,
    Talk about timeless humour!
    --Kaiser-- wrote: »

Brilliant video,
    Really shows you...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭Mydayoff

O.P. stop stalking women on facebook its un-healthy .

I do it once with each girl. It takes about 5 mins each time. Nothing too weird about that

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

What info can you find on someone's Facebook page that makes it easier to bed them??

Hmmm I see your from Lucan ! Well Hellooooooooooo:cool:

Advertisement