Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever experienced hibernophobia?

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,243 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We are called 'Taffs' after the river that runs through Cardiff.

Always wondered where that name came from...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭Bertie Woot

LordSutch wrote: »
    I honestly tought the PSNI were held in high regard nowadays, even by Sinn Fein and the southern Government?
    so maybe you're talking about negative Nationalist/Republican perceptions of the former RUC (now disbanded).

Curious, please explain your PSNI brutality & corruption theory :cool:

I don't have perceptions or a theory, what I do have is first hand personal experience of PSNI brutality and corruption. And yes, the name has changed, but the aggression and heavy-handed behaviour of the RUC remains within the PSNI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 washpenrebel

I work in the Agricultural sector, based in the UK. My experiences are mixed. For the common English person they are ok, they are lowest working class who's only thoughts in life are to work pay the mortgage, go cycling the weekends some follow soccer teams. they are actually ok. Some west ham supporters that i have met are ok people they don't really have an opinion on Ireland or Irish people.

I have met and spoken to a lot of English farmers. Normally these people have huge farms and a lot of equipment and workers. They all have farm managers and employ people to operate their equipment. They are good businessmen. On the flip side they are very arrogant and the tend to look down of me upon realising that I was Irish. They don’t trust what I said and would always question it. These people I do not like. Most live in great houses on big estates. I was once asked if I was in the IRA and I answered no (with my southern Irish accent) thinking if I answered yes the British army would be flown in and I would be arrested such was the naivety of the guy.

The people who live near London are the most arrogant I’ve met and the further away from London you go the nicer people get and the friendlier they are.

Michael Collins one said that his problem with Britain was not against normal British person but the British establishment! He couldn’t of been more correct.

Advertisement