Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro: Last Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MadGamerLad

This game is crashing on me quite a lot. I'm p,axing the pc version. Have a gtx 670 FTW and I do not crash in any other game I have over 50 pc games. I have come across all sorts of issues with this game and I'm beginning to think Nvidia sponsor this game because they know its an unoptimised mess that will make people doubt the graphics card in their system. The save points or checkpoint system is a joke. On a few occasions when I restarted from a save point my screen froze and had weird graphical glitches. Something is really wrong with the code of this game. I'm not the only one complaining either. It's an amazing game and I completed it. The graphics are best in class and its the most immersive game I have ever played but the bugs Bd crashes almos drove me to insanity. I fixed the crashes by locking my frame rate to 30 fps. This is very odd! Could the issue be dur to the in game vsync or something? Has anyone else experienced issues with this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Does anyone know when this game will be available for pc in shops? Currently it's "Steam only" and I don't have a robust enough internet connection to download the whole game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Morbert wrote: »
    Does anyone know when this game will be available for pc in shops? Currently it's "Steam only" and I don't have a robust enough internet connection to download the whole game.

There was never any reason why the retail version was pulled in the first place so no idea if or when a PC retail disk might appear. I'd have no problem burning a copy of the steamapps MLL game folder and posting it if that would be any use to you? You could then buy a steam key from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Morbert wrote: »

amazon, zavvi etc would be your best bet. dont see it hitting any bricks and mortar shops here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Burgo wrote: »
    amazon, zavvi etc would be your best bet. dont see it hitting any bricks and mortar shops here.

Is it even available online either? I had heard amazon and others cancelled PC preorders some time before release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

marco_polo wrote: »
    There was never any reason why the retail version was pulled in the first place so no idea if or when a PC retail disk might appear. I'd have no problem burning a copy of the steamapps MLL game folder and posting it if that would be any use to you? You could then buy a steam key from anywhere.

Cheers for the awesome offer. I've decided to sponge off my friend's far better connection and bring my laptop to his place to download it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not usre how many hours I've played but only just noticed Artyom's watch shows the real world time :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

They should make a throwing knife gun, silent insta kill on most enemies that would otherwise need a few rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I definitely enjoyed this as much as the first game, I wonder will they do anymore of them. Suppose it depends on the sales. The trade in prices are pretty crap already for it. 30e credit in gamestop and smyths. Might try xtravision and cex later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

So, how's everyone getting on with this? I'm doing my Ranger Hardcore playthrough now and am up to the Bandits level. I'm using the Tihar air gun and the Kalash 2012 assault rifle. Though, I'm thinking of getting the Shambler shotgun for what I know will be very problematic parts later in the game. How about ye? What weapons are ye carrying?

I'm not really a fan of not knowing how many air filters I've got or how much ammo remaining. I know it isn't good as I can go pick up ammo, reload, pick up more, reload, and every time I pick up ammo for ages, it's the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Just starting a run through on this now . debating on starting on hard not medium or ranger.as a matter if interest what did ye guys find the most comfortable difficulty level for a seasoned fps pc gamer?

I would imagine medium is very dumbed down for consoles.

Ranger mode isn't recommended for a first time at it... Definitely not Ranger Hardcore. No HUD so you can't see anything, not how much ammo you pick up, not the shortcuts to equip things (gasmask, grenade...) I don't like in Ranger Hardcore how you have no idea how much ammo you have until you get to one of the weapons/ammo dealers and you can find out then.

Edit: I forgot... There are QTEs in the game too. They're always the same button, but Ranger Hardcore you don't see the button to warn you.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Ranger mode isn't recommended for a first time at it... Definitely not Ranger Hardcore. No HUD so you can't see anything, not how much ammo you pick up, not the shortcuts to equip things (gasmask, grenade...) I don't like in Ranger Hardcore how you have no idea how much ammo you have until you get to one of the weapons/ammo dealers and you can find out then.

Edit: I forgot... There are QTEs in the game too. They're always the same button, but Ranger Hardcore you don't see the button to warn you.

I had that problem with Ranger Mode to, I mean I can get they are going for immersion and realism etc but sure in real life you could look in your bag and see how much ammo you have

calex71 wrote: »
    I had that problem with Ranger Mode to, I mean I can get they are going for immersion and realism etc but sure in real life you could look in your bag and see how much ammo you have
    It's even worse than that, it's every time you grab some ammo, how much ammo was that? You know its not a lot, because you will be getting that reload a clip animation for a long time, even if you aren't using up any ammo.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    It's even worse than that, it's every time you grab some ammo, how much ammo was that? You know its not a lot, because you will be getting that reload a clip animation for a long time, even if you aren't using up any ammo.

Cheers guys.
    Ranger mode seems a bit silly for what it's trying to sell. Gonna give it a stab kn hard.

Cheers guys.
    Ranger mode seems a bit silly for what it's trying to sell. Gonna give it a stab kn hard.

The normal ranger mode might be worth a spin either, probably the best balance between challenging and "just not fun anymore"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Started this Friday night and finished it last night, what a game after the disappointment of Bioshock this was very welcome.

just played it for an hour, graphics look amazing on pc and fantastic atmosphere too. can't wait to get through it:D

Freeman, had you played 2033? The story in Last Light is a direct continuation of it, so if you hadn't you mightn't appreciate what is going on as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Apparently this has sold very well, way more than the first game. Article was posted on NeoGAF but I can't find it now. Good to see anyway.

• Advertisement

Yeah, there are articles on that in a load of places. Here is one of 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

bump! new trailer out. Have to say it's pretty slick and definitely captures the darker side of the metro.

The first DLC pack is going to be out in July, last I read. I'd read before it would be June, but something I saw last night said July.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

not really enjoying this at all

on my way to
    red square
    and the only reason i'm playing on is so I can just finish it and uninstall it

--edit

had a "lotr: return of the king" style realisation, realised I don't actually have to continue to partake in an experience I'm not enjoying and can just go home. or in this case, uninstall the game.

don't know what it was that turned me off it so much, loved metro 2033 and I usually love that eastern european bleakness but after about halfway through my enjoyment just nosedived. maybe i'm just cranky and that was colouring my experience, maybe I'll come back to it later in the year or the year after. maybe I just hate it.

Finished it there last week and really enjoyed it , spent all my time going non lethal for the shadow ranger achievement and the good ending, then a replay going all out killing machine and the bad ending,

Ending spoilers for both games
    The bad ending seems to be the one most will get if not playing stealth and seems to be the one the devs intended, felt it was how things should have ended given nuking the dark ones in 2033 and of the 2 endings in last light was the one Ii preferred, the good ending just felt too fluffy and forced with the dark ones coming to save the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Anyone else playing on PC having issues with this crashing? Happens a lot on the swamp level, get a flashing black screen, and windows hangs..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Cant even play this on lowest settings with a 6870 and an i5 2500k :(.
    Framerate is so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Spunge wrote: »
    Cant even play this on lowest settings with a 6870 and an i5 2500k :(.
    Framerate is so low.

Should run on medium/low no problem with a 6870?

You can also force it to run in Dx9 or 10 to up your FPS, give a look here:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

cool ill give that a shot.

dont care about gfx just want a decent framerate

EDIT: Cool, just went from like 10 fps to 40+ in the first area. Hope it holds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

anyone having trouble getting the "gunslinger" achievment? seems to be the only one I can't get...

Advertisement