Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive Club - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Sent a club request there. Friend got it the other night and he seems to have a few more cars than I have, like DLC cars but I don't think he got the DLC.
    Go to the PS store and you can get some free cars and expansion packs. Of the paid expansion packs, 2 of them are only €2 so not a bad price for them at all. They're Elements and Pace Setter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Was having a look at the DLC alright but I'm almost certain he didn't purchase any, I'll be down with him later so must see what he actually has

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Guys what is the general consensus on this game now? I can't justify a new console purchase for Forza Horizon 2 so I'm hoping this will fill the void.

In terms of actual gameplay/handling does it perform well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm no racing expert but I really like it.

I would like to mess around in the MP a bit more but I just have other games to play.

CEX are selling copies for 20 euro now. It would be rude not to. I presume there are no codes or passwords needed that are bundled into a new copy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Tempted to get this also. I love racing games so it should be right up my street. It's only 25 on psn at the moment. That's a ps4 bundle exclusive or something. Or should I just wait for project cars?

Do you need to join a club to play or can you just do single player?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You don't need to join a club but I think you unlock cars when you are in one. Not sure what ones.

Anyway you can just join a random club too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

etxp wrote: »
    Tempted to get this also. I love racing games so it should be right up my street. It's only 25 on psn at the moment. That's a ps4 bundle exclusive or something. Or should I just wait for project cars?

Do you need to join a club to play or can you just do single player?

Totally different type of game to Driveclub. Ask yourself which you prefer: Gran Turismo and Forza, or Ridge Racer, NFS and Burnout?
    If it's any of the latter, Driveclub is the right choice. If you like GT or Forza, Project Cars should be right up your street.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Totally different type of game to Driveclub. Ask yourself which you prefer: Gran Turismo and Forza, or Ridge Racer, NFS and Burnout?
    If it's any of the latter, Driveclub is the right choice. If you like GT or Forza, Project Cars should be right up your street.

Cool, i will wait for project cars then as i never really liked the mechanics of the games you listed. Might get it if i find it cheap in the second hand section sometime.

was in CEX yesterday and said feck it. enjoying it so far. can see myself getting addicted like i normally do for driving games.

The penalty for contacting cars is a bit crap though. i actually go one for taking the racing line and someone ramming me off the track. nice!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The racing line doesn't exactly mean you were in the right. You may have braked in a corner too heavy/early.

RossieMan wrote: »
    The racing line doesn't exactly mean you were in the right. You may have braked in a corner too heavy/early.

i got rammed in the side, you have the right to take the racing line if you are in front. i was leading the race. and its highly unlikely i was breaking heavier than the computer in the first few easy races.

I hope the AI gets tougher tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

etxp wrote: »
    Cool, i will wait for project cars then as i never really liked the mechanics of the games you listed. Might get it if i find it cheap in the second hand section sometime.

For what its worth I was a fan of GT but not into NFS, Burnout or Ridge Racer and I wouldn't put Driveclub in the same category. They are definitely more 'arcadey' than Driveclub.

I'd put Driveclub somewhere in the middle. You don't get to tune or set up cars but the handling mechanics are miles better than the likes of NFS.

Edit: doh just realised you since bought it!

Guys, quick question. I bought Driveclub on PSN and I'm in the middle of downloading the updates (only 40 hours to go :().

I was able to start the game without the updates and the first race was in an A Class Merc. First impressions were very good however I noticed the camera was very shakey. It seems like an attempt to give the illusion of speed but it seems to happen at slow speeds also which makes the game look like it has a really bad frame rate.

Can anyone tell me if this is present in the full updated version? If not I'm hoping it was just the car & track combo which was causing it. I have been looking at countless videos online and haven't noticed it while the reviews haven't mentioned the issue either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Damien360

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Guys, quick question. I bought Driveclub on PSN and I'm in the middle of downloading the updates (only 40 hours to go :().

I was able to start the game without the updates and the first race was in an A Class Merc. First impressions were very good however I noticed the camera was very shakey. It seems like an attempt to give the illusion of speed but it seems to happen at slow speeds also which makes the game look like it has a really bad frame rate.

Can anyone tell me if this is present in the full updated version? If not I'm hoping it was just the car & track combo which was causing it. I have been looking at countless videos online and haven't noticed it while the reviews haven't mentioned the issue either.

You still have not applied the update. First rev of the game had issues. Pause the downloads, then restart them, it helps speed them up. Also, stick the PS4 in standby and it rips along nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has the game been patched yet to change the way drifting works? I heard it mentioned on a podcast that drifting was changed.

If it has I'd come back and play. When I was playing I never did manage to get a handle on drifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Has the game been patched yet to change the way drifting works? I heard it mentioned on a podcast that drifting was changed.

If it has I'd come back and play. When I was playing I never did manage to get a handle on drifting.
    Really? I always found the drifting a piece of piss compared to most games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Really? I always found the drifting a piece of piss compared to most games

Yeah, I could never get it right. It was always much easier in a game like Burnout or NFS.

I'm liking the game, at level 20 now. Can anyone tell me does the AI get harder? if you are in a race in 2nd place the car in first will go slower and brake where it doesn't need to brake etc. however if you are winning the race the car will go faster. Maybe it's just me but I would prefer a more consistent AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

sounds very realistic to be fair. They're defending the racing line. It happens in all forms of racing really, no point taking chances when you're already in the lead.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    sounds very realistic to be fair. They're defending the racing line. It happens in all forms of racing really, no point taking chances when you're already in the lead.

Realistic? Haha! If it was realistic they wouldn't be slowing down when a car is behind them for no reason! You don't defend the racing line by braking for a bend when you don't need to! You wouldn't see Lewis Hamilton hammering on the breaks on a slight turn protecting the racing line would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Grabbed this, sent a request to the boards club. Psn is zathurais

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Played this for about an hour last night whilst a little under the influence (don't drink and drive peoples)

Really enjoyed it I must say.
    I suck at it but it's a really enjoyable racer.

I find myself not doing any of the competitions though and just coming in and out of it playing single events.

Mine eventually downloaded after a long wait but it was well worth it. I'm actually glad I got the digital version as it's a perfect game to jump in and out of without having to get off the chair!

I cut my teeth on the Project Gotham series and then moved onto Forza and most recently Project Cars. I truly cannot understand the flak that this game gets, even today after the updates.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Mine eventually downloaded after a long wait but it was well worth it. I'm actually glad I got the digital version as it's a perfect game to jump in and out of without having to get off the chair!

I cut my teeth on the Project Gotham series and then moved onto Forza and most recently Project Cars. I truly cannot understand the flak that this game gets, even today after the updates.

I got the digital download for that exact reason. So handy to come in and out of.

+1 on the flak thing. I don't get at all.

It sounds like it had a horrific launch but seems fine to me now anyway.

Maybe if you play it at a decent level there's issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looking to get a car game for PS4, is this something for the casual gamer or is it more suited to the Project Cars type gamer who is nuts about racing etc?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Looking to get a car game for PS4, is this something for the casual gamer or is it more suited to the Project Cars type gamer who is nuts about racing etc?

I'm very much a casual gamer these days and I'm having fun with it.

From the little time I've spent on "career" mode or whatever it's called it looks to have a lot in it.

Personally though I've spent most of my time in single event playing cause I generally only want to play a few races and quit. Well that's what I think, then an hour later I'm still playing.

For what it's worth I used to go nuts for gran turismo back in the ps1 and 2 days, then as my lack of time came to be a factor I found I couldn't focus the attention on the sim games that's needed.

I played forza off and on for a while on 360 but again didn't give it the time needed.

Driveclub seems to bridge the gap well accommodating casuals but looks to have a bit of depth there if you scratch the surface. Not to GT or Forza levels but plenty to keep you going.

The driving style is somewhere between sim and arcade which sounds odd but you'll know what I mean when you play it.

I got if for just over € 20 digital a few months back. If you can get it for that or cheaper id absolutely recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

I finally figured that a club can only have 6 members max. So I set up another, Boardsie 2nd. If anyone feels like it send a request :)

I finally figured that a club can only have 6 members max. So I set up another, Boardsie 2nd. If anyone feels like it send a request :)

Sent a request there if it's not too late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Also looking to join a club or get people to join my "silver sharx" club :)

Advertisement