Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Lydia Foy new case.

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

petronius wrote: »
    This always sounds like crazy to me -
    waste of time and money
    if you have a y-chromosome you are a dude in the eyes of the IAAF - unless you have a gene defect
    no mater how a national court classifies you...

Actually the Olympics allow transitioned transgender people to compete. There are strict rules but it does happen. I believe the IAAF conform to the Olympic's standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

waste of time and money
    if you have a y-chromosome you are a dude in the eyes of the IAAF - unless you have a gene defect

What international court is the IAAF, sez I, as I hit google.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,931 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

waste of time and money

I think I'll take the European Court of Human Rights word on this one.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

But what does the Pope have to say on the subject?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

But what does the Pope have to say on the subject?

Who cares what a guy in a dress has to say...oh wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The Govt has finalized an ex gratia payment of 50k, not much considering how badly she was treated.

Full story here.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/compensation-paid-to-lydia-foy-over-gender-recognition-failures-1.1985515

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Actually the Olympics allow transitioned transgender people to compete. There are strict rules but it does happen. I believe the IAAF conform to the Olympic's standards.

East German shot putters spring to mind.

Advertisement