Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A whopping 70% off all watches in the official Ferrari website

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I'd have contemplated buying one... but the % of faulty watches highlighted by people here seems quite high.

A €500 - €700 euro 'SWISS' watch should be flawless.

Mine was flawless. And to be honest from looking through the thread there
    were very few faulty ones and any that were were replaced without question.
    Generally what happens with a thread like this is the small proportion of broken
    ones seem a lot more as your more likely to come back and complain about a
    broken one than to praise one thats working perfectly.

If you want one go and buy one, theres two years warranty included so id
    say your safe enough.

Have to disagree with previous poster too. The watch i got was solid and far
    from chinese crap. Maybe he bought one of the cheap ones

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kildare75

Generally what happens with a thread like this is the small proportion of broken

say your safe enough.

Have to say the watch i ordered, f1 classic in carbon fibre with brown strap is a lovely timepiece.its was in perfect working order and it even came with a spare battery. thanks again to the original poster .:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Dead as a doornail on arrival. Put a new battery in. No amount of tweeking would get the Minute & hour hand to synch. The digital display did notat any time match the real time:(.

So can you get your money back from Ferrari???:pac:

Arent you legally entitled to your money back/full refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

A 0.5% failure rate for a supposed Swiss made watch costing €500 - €700 would be very high. If I was shelling out that much, not that I would, I'd expect it to be flawless.

The 70% discount makes it an attractive proposition, but I think I'll pass on this one... those few failures are all I need to put me off... and being honest, it would only be a lust purchases so I'm glad there were a few curveballs... cos it'd end up in the drawer with the 20 other watches I own :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

paddy147 wrote: »
    So can you get your money back from Ferrari???:pac:

Arent you legally entitled to your money back/full refund?

Yep, Paddy, Repair or Replace. In fairness to Ferrari, they advise you fully what you should do. From their terms "......> return it per European Directive 44/99/EC and the Italian Legislative
    > Decree 206/2005 (Consumer Code), for repair or replacement."

They bear the cost of return. Fedex picked it up from me yesterday and gave me a tracking no. As of 10.15pm it has left de Gaulle Airport in Paris:).

• Advertisement

say your safe enough.

No, I did'nt. It was one of the €480.00 ones, The Scuderia World model. Came with a lovely label on the equally lovely red box saying "Made in China":pac:. Hence my comment here and in previous posts re the Chinese crap:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

No, I did'nt. It was one of the €480.00 ones, The Scuderia World model. Came with a lovely label on the equally lovely red box saying "Made in China":pac:. Hence my comment here and in previous posts re the Chinese crap:cool:

All I can see on mine is "Made in Switzerland" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Razleavy wrote: »
    All I can see on mine is "Made in Switzerland" :pac:

Mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Maybe the box was made in China?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Dead as a doornail on arrival. Put a new battery in. No amount of tweeking would get the Minute & hour hand to synch. The digital display did notat any time match the real time:(.

With some of the dual analogy/digital display watches you do realise that they can be used to display two times right? It's a feature of those kinds of watches - set one time to say, home time, and the other to local time etc.

Not sure what you mean by getting hour and minute hands to sync - as in if the analogy minute hand was at 30 the hour hand wasn't inbetween two hour indices? That would be a pretty big flaw in the watch if so.

Not sure if you're trolling or not - you keep mentioning "made in China" in your posts but when I questioned you about it you had said in post 176 you had mentioned it "in jest"
    I don't disagree at all. Just adding to my earlier post in jest

And having read the manual for the world timer watch here:
    http://www.sordiorologi.it/pdf/ISA-9013-7000.pdf

It seems that while the manual could be written in a clearer manner it doesn't seem all that difficult to get the hands to sync once you follow the steps to the letter.

But - bah - mechanical watches is where it's at - no dead battery issues ;)

• Advertisement

Thirdfox wrote: »
    With some of the dual analogy/digital display watches you do realise that they can be used to display two times right? It's a feature of those kinds of watches - set one time to say, home time, and the other to local time etc.
    Yea, thats logical. But its equally logical that the same time should shown.

Not sure what you mean by getting hour and minute hands to sync - as in if the analogy minute hand was at 30 the hour hand wasn't inbetween two hour indices? That would be a pretty big flaw in the watch if so.
    The buttons did not allow me to set the time "annaloguely". Different buttons moved the minute hand & hour hand

Not sure if you're trolling or not - you keep mentioning "made in China" in your posts but when I questioned you about it you had said in post 176 you had mentioned it "in jest"
    No need for that jibe:(

And having read the manual for the world timer watch here:
    http://www.sordiorologi.it/pdf/ISA-9013-7000.pdf

It seems that while the manual could be written in a clearer manner it doesn't seem all that difficult to get the hands to sync once you follow the steps to the letter.

But - bah - mechanical watches is where it's at - no dead battery issues ;)
    Well, its back in Italy now, so we'll see what comes back;)

Well, its back in Italy now, so we'll see what comes back;)

UPDATE: Watch came back yesterday. Now working as I had originally expected:) Kudos to Ferrari for their excellent service and also excellent Customer Care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

There's now a 75% discount on watches available until 06:00 on Saturday 13 April with the promo code BJG2KSKRE4549GC6K805WNAJZ0.
    If you enter the following code BJG2KSKRE4549GC6K805WNAJZ0 on the payment page when placing your order, you will be entitled to receive 75% off Ferrari Watches and 80% off our Ferrari F1 Car Parts choosing from the ones within the following selection: http://store.ferrari.com/en/shop-now/?code=deal
    Don't miss out on this great opportunity, valid for 36 hours.
    18:02 11/04/2013

Notice that you can get 80% off F1 car parts as well. That's right, this F1 piston can be yours for just €160 plus shipping.
    This piston is set on a special carbon fiber base with metal nameplate and it is stowed in a red cardboard box.
    The piston comes with a certificate of originas a guarantee of its absolute authenticity.

Allyall started a thread on this latest offer here but I'm just posting it here 'cause I wanted to make sure all y'all got a notification about it.

Advertisement