Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A whopping 70% off all watches in the official Ferrari website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

"Ferrari Granturismo Automatic watch also stands out for its waterproof rating up to 5 atm."

you could get a nice looking G shock watch for 50 quid with 20 atm :D nice looking piece of kit though, shame they don't have the one i want in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

if anyone uses sites like topcashback uk

you get an additional 8% cashback

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Savage deal Op! Didn't want to spend anymore money, but with the discount I couldn't say no ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Have to stop coming on to Bargain alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

Have to stop coming on to Bargain alerts

did see something about customs but i think its outside eu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

Phew. Saved... don't like the look of those watches... I will sleep easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

BA is something else for the impulse purchasing!

Bought a Ferrari membership for €40 which gave an extra 20% off. In the end, it only worked out as free membership as the 20% was taken off at the start with 70% off the remainder so the 20% saving just about covered the cost of membership! You get your 1st order free aswell from the membership sign up but you can only seem to apply one code at checkout. Sent a quick email to see if they will apply the free delivery code retrospectively.

Went through topcashback uk to maximize the discounts but they do say it may not be paid when codes are used in the orders.

All in all, a good evening's bargaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Still active...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TheIrishClassic

These watches are a rip-off! I bought a watch in Aldi about 6 months ago for €9.99 that looks alot better than any of these watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Ferrari - good
    Ferrari merchandise - sad (unless you own one)

Good BA though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

These watches are a rip-off! I bought a watch in Aldi about 6 months ago for €9.99 that looks alot better than any of these watches.

The likelihood is that they all use the same crappy chinese movement too.
    These are not watches, they are bracelets that tell the time (with varying degrees of accuracy).

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Mines still working out at 155.72 with discount - still expensive:(
    Order summary

Products

55_12922.jpg
    Ferrari F1 Classic Watch white WHITE
    € 488,00

blank.gif
    Watches Sale
    € -341,60

Shipping cost

Fed-Ex Economy
    € 9,32

Total
    € 155,72

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

gerryk wrote: »
    These are not watches, they are bracelets that tell the time (with varying degrees of accuracy).

Decent swiss movements it seems.

Not for me though, I can't relate to ferarri.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Too bad they are Swiss made movements :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Without knowing about the internals of the Aldi watch, to say they're a rip off because you think the one you got looks better is a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Oh dear :rolleyes:

Razleavy wrote: »
    Too bad they are Swiss made movements :pac:

OK, I take it back. Seems that they use a movement commonly used by mid-end 'fashion' brands.

Still, the markup is substantial. The movement costs ~€30

http://www.allwatchparts.com/Harley-Ronda-5030D-Watch-Movement_p_1249.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

OK, I take it back. Seems that they use a movement commonly used by mid-end 'fashion' brands.

Why so bitter, did you get run over by a ferarri once?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

So it's a Swiss-made movement used by other watches in the same price range. Unless the rest of the watch is of completely crap quality, I don't really know what the problem is.

I'm sure there's a massive difference in price between the movement cost and the finished watch for all manufacturers.

As I said, obviously the Ferrari badge is going to drive the cost up, but for around 160 delivered, it really doesn't sound like that bad a price. Your money would certainly go further with the likes of a Seiko, but that's true for an awful lot of brands.

Eoin wrote: »
    Without knowing about the internals of the Aldi watch, to say they're a rip off because you think the one you got looks better is a bit silly.

Dude it's a watch not a tablet or mobile phone. It's job is to tell the TIME!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

so there is no difference between a micra and a range rover cos they both drive you around right?

j4vier wrote: »
    so there is no difference between a micra and a range rover cos they both drive you around right?

Exactly!

Now I'm off to work.

*hitches up trailer*

Ahhh sh*t...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

Reading some of the more negative comments here... it always amazes me why some people seem compelled to knock a bargain... people of Ireland if you don't want a Ferrari branded watch that's fine... if you don't like a Ferrari watch thats ok... if you think an Aldi watch is as good as a Ferrari branded watch thats great... we all have different idea's of what a constitutes a bargain.. just don't try whitewash your views over the rest of us... :D

But you could have bought a digital watch for 2 quid, so your 10 quid watch was also a rip off. Also, your phone has the time so even that 2 quid would also be a waste.

Obviously if you don't give a crap about watches, then there's no point paying more than the bare minimum.

But do you really think that everyone who would spend more than the bare minimum on a watch didn't realise that?

You are right donjfarrell, we all have different idea's of what constitutes a bargain. I seem to think that spending several hundred euro's on a watch is not a bargain however alot of you seem to disagree. To those of you that do think it is a bargain, all i can say is "well ware"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I understand you do not think this is good value but why you feel the need to post negative comments on this particular thread is beyond me. If you are not interested then don't post and leave the thread to those of us who are interested.

To the OP: Thanks for posting, bought one last night

I seem to think that spending several hundred euro's on a watch is not a bargain

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

deegs wrote: »
    Why so bitter, did you get run over by a ferarri once?
    :D

Not at all. I just find the difference between the cost of materials and the retail a little bit hard to swallow. I have no problem spending money on a watch. The one I am wearing right now cost a fair bit. The difference is that in this case, a replacement movement, direct from the manufacturer, costs 2/3 of the overall value of the watch, rather than 10%.

Apologies to OP, I don't mean to rain on his parade, and to each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

faolteam wrote: »
    did see something about customs but i think its outside eu

Picked up the Ferrari Granturismo. Thought it was the nicest.

Just for anybody worried about customs i've been told they ship from within the
    EU so should be no extra charges!

I agree with you gerryk. It's a fashion watch, not a particularly fine timepiece.

But it's priced comparably (possibly even favourably with the discount) to other similar watches and has what looks to be a pretty solid movement, so it's not a disposable bit of tin from China either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Got this bad boy myself.

185_12925.jpg

Can never resist a good bargain.. sigh :(

Thanks OP ;)

Advertisement