Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yup. HDMI only works via Sky Go on laptop. Not the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Will sky go work on android tv box

• Registered Users Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

GY A1 wrote: »
    Will sky go work on android tv box

Unlikely in my experience.. Sky Go is very particular about what devices it will work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

BT Sport 2 now showing Celtic's Champions League qualifier in Gibraltar tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Just over a month to go before the Premier League starts and Eir havent come up with a replacement for the 3pm kickoffs.

Or will they not bother showing alternative Football from another league...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

mikeym wrote: »
    Just over a month to go before the Premier League starts and Eir havent come up with a replacement for the 3pm kickoffs.

Or will they not bother showing alternative Football from another league...

BT have the Saturday evening games this season

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    BT have the Saturday evening games this season

That's not his point. The biggest timeslot for that channel was 3pm on a Saturday which is now empty, they've not announced anything to fill that slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It used to be a Setanta 1 opt out of whatever was on Premier Sports so presumably, they'll just opt in.

There wasn't anything on Premier Sports in that time slot, it was off air.

Don't worry, they've no shortage of rugby league and ice hockey stuff they can repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'd like them to license 2.30pm Bundesliga games from BT. BT can't show them so why not. The top teams regularly play in that slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

lertsnim wrote: »
    I'd like them to license 2.30pm Bundesliga games from BT. BT can't show them so why not. The top teams regularly play in that slot.
    this year theres also now Friday night and Monday night Bundesliga games for the first time, so the amount of top games on the regular Saturday slot may reduce a little.
    On the other hand, that means theres more rights packages for the additional slots that Eir or other broadcasters can pick up.

They've had Friday night games in the Bundesliga for years.

Some unconfirmed reports that BT Sport Europe will become BT Sport 3 as of 4th August (and presumably swap EPG positions with BT Sport 2 on Sky). Hopefully it will also mean the end of the daft "Sky Sports News-style" layout on the channel during non live programming.

Meanwhile still no word it seems on what the position will be with Virgin Media after the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The British Open golf on Setanta in sd is a much better picture than on Sky .

Premier Sports has its DOG back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

icdg wrote: »
    Premier Sports has its DOG back.

Can they not get Premier Sports in the clear?

I'm not sure I understand the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

icdg wrote: »
    Meanwhile still no word it seems on what the position will be with Virgin Media after the end of the month.

I just got my email alert from Virgin to say that they will not offer Setanta, BT, eir Sports from 1 August. The email just mentions Premier League football. No mention of the Champions Cup rugby, AFL, NBA and MMA. Even if the price increased, shouldn't customers decide what's "too much"?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Just confirmed that BTSport and Setanta/eir will no longer be carried on Virgin.........

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Ur[s]uS wrote: »
    I just got my email alert from Virgin to say that they will not offer Setanta, BT, eir Sports from 1 August. The email just mentions Premier League football. No mention of the Champions Cup rugby, AFL, NBA and MMA. Even if the price increased, shouldn't customers decide what's "too much"?

UEFA can't be happy with that. No way for Virgin Media customers to watch the Europa League this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Does this constitute a change of contract meaning we can get out of whatever's left on our deals?

Does this constitute a change of contract meaning we can get out of whatever's left on our deals?

I doubt it. I would be very surprised if the contract didnt mention that the channel lineup can change.

No, though in the circumstances they might give a bit of leeway. A few days ago I had a call from their Sales team trying to get me to sign up for TV, though because I had a feeling this might happen, I didn't take it. I imagine their call centre will be inundated tommorow once word filters out.

They will certainly lose what remains of the pub/club business, though I don't think they had much share in that segment anyway.

Eir Sports 1's audience share and advertising revenue will now likely collapse as a result of losing that very good EPG position of 105(which they'll never get back - expect Virgin owned 3e to move there). However it's all about the broadband now for Eir and maybe they're happy to trade the advertising revenue for broadband subscriptions.

There's also the notion that BT might now be in breach of the commitment they gave the Premier League that their games would be available on every major platform and wouldn't be reserved to BT Broadband - a major fear when the deal was signed. No doubt BT would argue that commitment cannot bind Eir and they couldn't be held to do a deal at any price.

And I don't think the news that taster channel Sky Sports Mix will be on Virgin is any compensation to anyone, and Virgin would just as well be better not to mention it.

I'd assume that the removal of Eir Sport 1 from analogue will result in one less channel on the service? I can't see them replacing it with something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

I may not be a Virgin Media customer but this is dreadful news for those who watch Bt Sport through Virgin Media.

Its not just the Premier League Football that will be missed. Man Utd are in the Europa League and Connor McGregor is fighting in August.

And dont forget about the future Irish International Football friendlies or Allianz League GAA.

I presume Vodafone Tv will follow suit.

I wouldn't presume that at all - they'll be on a different cycle than Virgin, whose deal would have expired on 1st August irrespective of the Eir takeover.

I wonder what happened in the negotiations.

By the way, the Virgin message for those who aren't subscribers:

http://www.virginmedia.ie/finalwhistle

Thinking some more about this, I wonder if it'll make it very hard for Eir to retain the Saturday Allianz League games, given part of the reason that deal was palatable was Setanta Ireland's basic cable status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

So for myself thats a Virgin customer who religiously watches bt, what is the best option to get now? Can i get the sky sports and bt/eir packages with eir?

Advertisement