Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    So I have Sky for TV and eir broadband @ €45.. am I right in saying then that I just register for this on the above link, stick in my Sky viewing card number and boom.. eir sports and BT for nothing?? :)

Correct, you will get Eir and BT sport for free via satellite on your Sky box

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They've also extended their F1 rights through to 2018, the last season before Sky's five year exclusive deal kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Eir sports website advertising 42 PL games for coming season. Has Sky Sports not acquired rights to live Saturday afternoon PL matches in ROi or does this refer to BT Sports coverage which is part of the Eir sports package?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Eir sports website advertising 42 PL games for coming season. Has Sky Sports not acquired rights to live Saturday afternoon PL matches inROi or does this refer to BT Sports coverage which is part of the Eir sports package?
    Yea its BT's coverage, you would think that the the live PL picks should be released soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

joe_99 wrote: »
    Eir sports have exclusive rights to Rugby world cup 2019

I am sure ITV will have it also for those not wanting to pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey hey, free sports for all eir broadband customers, quite pleased with this. Although apparently some people have received price increases in the post this morning too (€7 per month!), so that's less good...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey hey, free sports for all eir broadband customers, quite pleased with this. Although apparently some people have received price increases in the post this morning too (€7 per month!), so that's less good...

Not all customers, at least without cost.
    I cannot avail of this as I do not have a Sky subscription nor do I have a MAC or Win computer.
    So I would have to fork out for one or the other apparently ...... so not free for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Couldn't see RTE or TV3 having much interest in all the RWC games in Japan due to the times the matches will be shown here anyway. They'd be much happier going for the Irish matches, and the odd knockout match.

Strange the way it took ages to sort out the RWC 2015 rights, yet the Japan one is sorted 3 and a half years away from the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

dulpit wrote: »

The Eir channels both working, but BT still saying "You have not subscribed to this channel", even though they're supposed to be live now?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Is Eir Sports 1 staying as part of Virgin Media's basic pack?

• Advertisement

That I suspect is part of the discussions between Eir and Virgin at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

lertsnim wrote: »
    I am sure ITV will have it also for those not wanting to pay for it.

BT Sports has exclusive UK rights for 2019. Just announced today...

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

I'm a SKy TV and BB customer and also pay extra for Eir sports. €40 per month for BB at the moment so the offer of Eir BB at €25 is tempting. However it then jumps to €70 p/m after the initial 3 month period. Ouch. Will stay put I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Brian017

Have any Sky customers managed to login to live.eirsport.ie? It asks for an Eir account number but obviously I don't have one since I just sub via Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Next step is BT buy Eir and roll out their successful BB technologies in UK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

Brian017 wrote: »
    Have any Sky customers managed to login to live.eirsport.ie? It asks for an Eir account number but obviously I don't have one since I just sub via Sky

Can't find the link on their website to login

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Dodge wrote: »

not for the UK. Its only irish rights Eir have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Brian017

irishdeej wrote: »
    Can't find the link on their website to login

I found the login button but it didn't accept my old Setanta Go details and when I click on register it asks for an Eir account number

Setantago.com still works for satellite customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

I wonder how long Eir Sport 1 will remain on Virgin Channel 105? I can't see it lasting there too long, perhaps TV3+1 will move into it's spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Brian017 wrote: »

to get the free eir sports pack on the sky platform you must be an existing eir customer.

to speak to eir re free eir sports on sky ring 1800 303 644

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

My mother has Eir Fibre broadband but has no interest in sports. Could she give them my Sky card number and get me free sports channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I wonder how this will affect eir sports on Vodafone TV ? Both channels in HD today rebranded to eir on screen, but still listed as Setanta on the EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

kooga wrote: »
    if you take up the free setanta pack offer on the sky platform from eir it is a new 18 month contract.

I knew that there had to be a snag .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Zardoz wrote: »
    I knew that there had to be a snag .

Not a big deal IMO if you're not long into an existing contract or have no plans to switch which, unless you live in an UPC/Virgin area, I can't really see a reason for myself - the rest are generally reselling eir BB anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

QQ.. can multiple sky cards be registered? I have an eir fibre package as above but 2 Sky boxes..... Can't test at the minute myself as at work and I don't see anywhere on My Sky that lists the viewing card number

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    QQ.. can multiple sky cards be registered? I have an eir fibre package as above but 2 Sky boxes..... Can't test at the minute myself as at work and I don't see anywhere on My Sky that lists the viewing card number

There was an option in form to add to another room. No mention of cost/etc when doing that either...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Dodge wrote: »

Oh well. Another sport lost to pay tv

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

lertsnim wrote: »
    Oh well. Another sport lost to pay tv

Don't think that's confirmed or even close to the mark, think it was someone in the Irish Times putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5, assuming that BT had the UK rights since Eir had the Irish rights. There's nothing on the BT website and the link that comes up on google saying BT have the rights only comes up with the story about Eir geting the Irish rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

I wonder Will Eir be contacting existing customers subscribed to Setanta Sports using Sky about the changeover to Eir Sports
    I not had any emails or letter in the post about the change has anyone been contacted about the change

I already had my Direct debit taken for This Month and is listed as Setanta Sports in my Bank Account

Advertisement