Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Eir part of logo is to big - why am I not surprised.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

So the big news then, and I don't see why they are being so quiet about it (or if they wanted to be, why they didn't do this announcement to start the Premier League season) is that all Eir Broadband customers will be getting both Eir Sport and BT Sport for free. Even BT Broadband customers don't get that any more (only "BT Sport Lite"). That is a game changer indeed!

The logo...well I suppose it's what we expected really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I went to

https://www.eir.ie/sport/eir-customers/

was redirected to

http://live.eirsport.ie/

and got
    Sorry we don't support your browser. For a compatible list of browsers, see the FAQs.

Tried two browsers with same result.

Eventually got to a login page using Firefox!
    I do not have a suitable account apparently, so got no further.
    :(

We will see if ALL customers can avail of this sports offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

http://support.eir.ie/eirsport/sky

Massive game changer, should mean sky might start giving more tv channels

So I finally found what is wrong
    Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge do not support Microsoft Silverlight which is required for the eir Sport service.

Same old rubbish from eir/eircom!

• Advertisement

So I finally found what is wrong

Same old rubbish from eir/eircom!

You know sky go is the same?

To be fair I think Setanta Go was already running on that before they were ever bought by Eir.

As for the Eir Sport 1 DOG - oh no. It's huge. It cannot in fact be understated how big it is. Perhaps to make up for it, Premier Sports (aka Eir Sport 2) is now DOGless permanently (and in fact no longer seems to have any on screen branding at all, with the Premier Sports logo being removed from idents).

I just hope they don't sack Gary breen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

icdg wrote: »
    So the big news then, and I don't see why they are being so quiet about it (or if they wanted to be, why they didn't do this announcement to start the Premier League season) is that all Eir Broadband customers will be getting both Eir Sport and BT Sport for free. Even BT Broadband customers don't get that any more (only "BT Sport Lite"). That is a game changer indeed!

The logo...well I suppose it's what we expected really.

As you say, making the Setanta Pack free was presumably the whole reason for buying the station, so you would expect them to blow their own trumpets! Flicking through the Eir EPG, a number of new stations have popped up, currently saying "This is BT Extra 1-6", so presumably they'll go live once the launch has been done today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Big Ads in the Irish Indo today and a flyer as well saying free Eir sports with all Eir Broadband packs. But as an example its 62euro compared to 45 euro for Vodafone Broadband off-peak. So really only using it to try to tempt people to stay.

• Advertisement

but1er wrote: »
    You know sky go is the same?

Nope, didn't ....... I do not subscribe to Sky services.

I am an eir customer which is why eir sports was of interest to me.
    icdg wrote:
    To be fair I think Setanta Go was already running on that before they were ever bought by Eir.

I do not consider that any 'excuse' even if it is true.
    This is now an eir service and totally eir's responsibility.
    There are threads from 2013 which mention this problem with the Setanta stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any word on how the process will go for current Setanta pack customers who have eir broadband and want to switch to the free plan? Would we have to cancel the current sub and set up a new one through eir?

I failed to get a question posted on the eir boards about this :(

Dunno what is going on ......

You will need to go to eir sport website sign up enter your viewing card number from sky, do all boxes in your house in one go.

I would ring to make sure its cancelled so your not charged.

You will be refunded the difference if you paid for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hadn't MyEir set up before this, causing me all sorts of problems, hopefully it's just due to high traffic at the minute, anyway last post about this from me because I don't want to drag this thread way off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

martyos121 wrote: »
    Any word on how the process will go for current Setanta pack customers who have eir broadband and want to switch to the free plan? Would we have to cancel the current sub and set up a new one through eir?

if you take up the free setanta pack offer on the sky platform from eir it is a new 18 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Flicking through the Eir EPG, a number of new stations have popped up, currently saying "This is BT Extra 1-6", so presumably they'll go live once the launch has been done today.

Don't expect much from them. They're only overflow channels and display nothing but a BT Sport logo most of the time.

They are the red button services, only really used to their full extent on Champions League and Europa League group stage nights. Some usage of Extra 1 the odd time for other stuff - mostly Sunday night European football.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Tonio

According to the eir website the free sports offer also applies to the broadband only package @ 45 per month.

https://www.eir.ie/broadband-only/

Thinking of switching from Vodafone to avail of this.

Am not currently a sky subscriber. Could I buy a second hand sky box and get the eir sports channels without subscribing to sky?

This offer also includes 'pay as you use home phone' - I assume this is VOIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

under the new set up the eir sport pack is now available in HD if you subscribe to the HD pack for a €5 pm on evision. Still no Sky sports HD

• Advertisement

So what is the set up then for broadband only customers? SD only? I'm a Sky for TV, Virgin for BB customer but could be persauded to switch from Virgin to Eir if it'll save me the Setanta, sorry Eirsport subscription.

(Which is the point of the offer of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Eir sports have exclusive rights to Rugby world cup 2019

joe_99 wrote: »
    Eir sports have exclusive rights to Rugby world cup 2019

when was this announced?

I can find nothing about it.

Even if it's true, it would only represent a return to the situation for the 2007 and 2011 World Cup, which Setanta had the rights to, and they'd be required, as before, to sublicence a package including all of Ireland's games to a Qualfiying Broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

when was this announced?

There's a press conference on now. Announced at that

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/750262193472540672

https://twitter.com/CianTracey1/status/750261660363923456

ah right. but the irish games will have to be sold to rte or tv3 by Eir and the Final.

They will be getting (presumably non exclusively) the U20's Championship, which TG4 had. Also the women's RWC and sevens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

How would one go about getting BT sports now, do I ring Eir or what? Are the prices still the same as the Setanta pack? I don't have broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So I have Sky for TV and eir broadband @ €45.. am I right in saying then that I just register for this on the above link, stick in my Sky viewing card number and boom.. eir sports and BT for nothing?? :)

• Advertisement

I wonder how much they paid considering its in Japan due to the time difference it may not have been as attractive for tv3.

Advertisement