Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Fans of the content ESPN brought to the table might care to differ on that one..:a lot of annoyed American football fans disappointed that the NCAA football won’t (except Notre Dame) be shown here any more after 20 years of coverage from NASN, ESPN America, and BT Sport ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I remember subscribing to NASN and watching Tim Tebow win his first national championship as backup qb for the florida gators. And also watching the greatest come back in the fiesta bowl with boise state beating I think oklahoma. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Premier Sports PL Sept fixtures: https://premiersportsireland.com/uk-football/

Man City v Fulham 2/9/2023

Man United v Brighton 16/9/2023

Chelsea v Aston Villa 23/9/2023 - Villa are playing Thur 21st in Europe, so that game will be moved to Sun 24th and another game will have to be picked

Bournemouth v Arsenal 30/9/2023

Now updated with October fixtures:

Man United v Brighton 16/9/2023

Man City v Nottingham Forrest 23/9/2023

Bournemouth v Arsenal 30/9/2023

Burnley v Chelsea 7/10/2023

Newcastle v Crystal Palace 21/10/2023

Arsenal v Sheffield United 28/10/2023

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Acosta

There appears to be a TNT Sports 5, which isn't on Sky EPG. The brilliant Champions League Goals Show is on it. This is a right balls.

EDIT: It's on the red button. Was watching on Sky Go earlier, so didn't see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tonio

Unfortunately no access to the goals show as a NOW sports extra subscriber 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

That's some balls. It's what I watch the majority of midweeks for CL coverage, excellent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

The 4 lads are on Highlights Show right now at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's an absolute bollocks that all the TNT Sports channels aren't included. It's the same on Virgin Media.

Not one change TNT Sports has made has been for the good, I’m afraid. Moving it to TNT Sports 5 (the old BT Sport Extra 1, ie hidden behind the red button) effectively removes access from most Irish viewers other than on Sky.

Now TV in Ireland doesn’t support red button streams - though I understand they’re sometimes made available on the UK version. We missed out on the additional courts for the US Open tennis recently whereas UK Now TV viewers could view them. Not a rights issue, just Sky decision to differentiate Sky and Now on this basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 fillum

Sorry if this has been answered already – does anyone know if there is a longer term plan to bring TNT Sports to Discovery+ in Ireland? I really hate the NowTV app, and prefer to use Discovery+ for my watching. I was p*ssed to see they only made TNT available to UK Discovery customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Possibly when the deal with Sky to distribute the channels here ends.

They’re tied into that deal, unfortunately, for (we think) the remainder of this Premier League rights cycle - that would be until 31st July 2025 - what happens after that is a different kettle of fish.

Interesting interview earlier today on RTÉ Radio 1 with Michael O'Rourke about Setanta & Premier Sports

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/clips/22308974/

Well worth a listen, the Setanta story is probably familiar to many here but it’s still very interesting.

I notice that TNT block their Premier League highlights clips on their X/Twitter account in the RoI. Find that odd since their TV rights apply here.

Their YouTube highlights aren't blocked. I watched the 3 min highlights of the Merseyside Derby

https://www.youtube.com/@TNTSports/videos

TNT’s Champions League highlights aren’t blocked here on their X account.

A rare non-UK 3pm on TV today with Premier Sports 2’s showing El Classico. Now I thought La Liga had committed to trying to keep it out of the 3pm slot, but apparently not.

Means no English language live coverage of Glasgow v Connacht in the URC, but you can catch that on TG4.

Theyre even taking LaligaTV’s pre game coverage, which they’ve mostly missed since the break up with Viaplay

• Advertisement

The comments re the Now TV payment issue which have nothing to do with the topic of this thread have been split off to their own thread here:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058320113/now-tv-payment-issue

Good to see studio presentation from Premier Sports for Connacht v Ulster tonight. No idea who the presenter is though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Fairly low quality fare though. Andy Dunne and Ian Madigan as the talking heads.

Madigan I understand, but Dunne is a bit too low profile and didn't offer a lot.

They had Ryle Nugent on commentary, but I noticed they were late to switch to the coverage and he'd started his commentary already. Usually this happens when a broadcaster is showing someone else's feed, but Premier own the feed here right? I also thought I heard Nugent refer to Ferris in the studio at some point which confused me, but I could have heard wrong.

The commentary must have been shared with Viaplay - they did have Ferris in the studio.

https://premiersportsireland.com/uk-football/

Premier Sports PL coverage up to the end of the year (3pm)

4 Nov - Brentford v West Ham

11 Nov - Arsenal v Burnley

18 Nov - International Break

25 Nov - Newcastle v Chelsea

2 Dec - Brentford v Luton

9 Dec - Man Utd v Bournemouth

16 Dec - Chelsea v Sheffield United

23 Dec - Spurs v Everton

30 Dec - Man City v Sheffield United

And then there's 2 midweek matchdays

Tuesday 5 Dec:

Wolves v Burnley (7.30pm - PS2)

Luton v Arsenal (8.15pm - PS1)

Wednesday 6 Dec:

Brighton v Brentford (7.30pm - Red Button on Sky TV)

Crystal Palace v Bournemouth (7.30pm - Red Button on Sky TV)

Fulham v Notts Forest (7.30pm - Red Button on Sky TV)

Sheffield Utd v Liverpool (7.30pm - PS 2)

Aston Villa v Man City (8.15pm - Red Button on Sky TV)

Man Utd v Chelsea (8.15pm - PS 1)

Thursday 7 Dec:

Everton v Newcastle (7.30pm - PS 2)

Spurs v West Ham (8.15pm - PS 1)

Tuesday 26 Dec:

Newcastle v Notts Forest (12.30pm - PS 1)

Bournemouth v Fulham (3pm - PS 2)

Sheffield Utd v Luton (3pm - PS 1)

Burnley v Liverpool (5.30pm - PS 1)

Manchester Utd v Aston Villa (8pm - PS 2)

Wednesday 27 Dec:

Brentford v Wolves (7.30pm - Red Button on Sky TV)

Chelsea v Crystal Palace (7.30pm - PS 2)

Everton v Man City (8.15pm - PS 1)

Thursday 28 Dec:

Brighton v Spurs (7.30pm - PS 2)

Arsenal v West Ham (8.15pm - PS 1)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭mike2084

I think she is Aisling O'Reilly, from her Instagram page she works on Off The Ball and has also done some work on GAA Go.

I missed this at the start of the season - Laliga have been offering LaligaTV in Ireland on a D2C basis for €9.99pm. It hadn’t been available here since it was pulled from Sky at the start of the current TV deal. Now I’m fairly happy with what’s shown on Premier but maybe there are some who’d like more Spanish football.

https://www.laliga.com/en-GB/news/premier-sports-and-laliga-offering-irish-fans-more-ways-to-enjoy-spanish-futbol-this-season#

Reports circulating that Premier Sports has bought back the UK operation of Viaplay.

Michael O’Rourke no doubt laughing all the way to the bank on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

that is interesting. probably for a fraction of the price he sold it for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Advertisement