Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Any news on the 3pm schedule for August yet on Premier lads?

I’m getting a €25 per month on Sky Q now popping up for Sky Sports & the extra pack btw

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

Premier's 3pm schedule from their site

Brighton v Luton Town 12/8/2023

Liverpool v Bournemouth 19/8/2023

Man United v Nottingham Forest 26/8/2023

Man City v Fulham 2/9/2023

Man United v Brighton 16/9/2023

Chelsea v Aston Villa 23/9/2023

Bournemouth v Arsenal 30/9/2023

(ps someone at premier insists on spelling forest with 2 Rs. Noticed it last season on the EPG as well.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The Now TV app I have on my LG tv seems to have no Sky Sports Extra channels. It has been this way for well over a year. It still has the Sky Sports channels.

Has anyone else this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is it the UK version of the app? The UK version of now tv doesn't have sky sports extra.

I have a dns service running so maybe that is the issue. How could I change it back?

• Advertisement

I can't speak from experience with LG but if I tried using Now TV with a DNS service running on Android TV it would still show me the Sky Sports Extra channels on the menu but it wouldn't play any channels at all.

Just wondering why sports extra isn't on UK Now tv. Don't they also have TNT and Premier in Sports Extra?

It was great when the rugby was on Prime. HD quality and easy to access on your tv remote.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Theres no Sports Extra pack in the U.K. TNT Sports is on Sky as a pack of its own. Premier Sports doesn’t operate in the U.K. any more.

Ok, but I don't get the option for TNT either on the app on the tv so something mustn't be right.

Prime was great in that they also had short and long highlights of each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TonyK45

Looking at Premier Sports schedule for w/e of 18-20 Aug. Looks like they've dropped all La Liga games in favour of Women's Euro Hockey and a Top 14 Rugby game. Even seem to have dropped Rugby game France v Fiji or they have the schedule wrong and they are really going to drop Italy v Romania - which is on at 17:30, but they are saying it's 20:00 (France v Fiji is 20:00).

Seems to be a whole lot of a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Go to settings on TV. Under General, System, Location. LG services country should be set to Ireland. If at UK, you will only have access to UK version of NOWTV on LG app store.

There are two live La Liga games on Friday 18th, and the schedules for Sunday 20th are not up yet,

6:30pm Mallorca v Villarreal Premier 1

8:30pm Valencia v Las Palmas Premier 1

Cheers. That sorted it for me. I must have changed it to the uk to update some of the uk apps.

TNT’s not on Now in the UK. U.K. viewers have a streaming option for TNT through Discovery+

Remember that Sports Extra exists in ROI because TNT and Premier have contracted all their wholesale rights in this market to Sky, whom everyone else has to deal with, as if they were Sky-owned channels. In TNT’s case that’s a legacy of the very early days of BT Sport where they were pushing the “bundled with BT Broadband” angle and had no broadband operation in ROI to do that with, so they did a deal with Setanta to hand them control of their wholesale rights here. That arrangement has continued even though the partner has changed (first Setanta, then eir, then Sky).

That arrangement doesn’t exist in the U.K., TNT and Sky have a regular wholesale deal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jconn

hi folks, Does anyone know when the Oct and Nov Premier League TV fixtures will be confirmed, looking to bring a couple of young lads for their first visit to OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

thanks nothing today as yet, just waiting to see if ManU Vs Brentford Sat Oct 7th 3pm could change before I book flights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

As stated by another poster, this is for last season. I contacted the premier league, and asked them if they intended to publish such a list for 23/24 season. I got a bland reply saying that already stated on their website that they would give 6-weeks notice prior to 2024 and 5-weeks notice there after. This would mean that October will not be published until at least Aug. 24th. Bear in mind that the fixtures for the Champions League Group stages will be published in the evening of Aug. 31st - any thing involving the the top 4 clubs are unlikely to be solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Acosta

What is with the new score/time graphic on Premier Sports EPL coverage? Needlessly big and distracting. Guessing its EPL world feed and nothing to do with PS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes it looks like EPL world feed, same on other 3pm games on Vidio.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

Yes seems to be the new official scoreboard. They debuted it during the series of matches in the US. Hoped at the time it was just for that pre-season competition.

I know they are all in protecting their brand but don't understand the need for "2023/24" on screen all game.

Nor do I, there’s a PL lion head logo in the scorebar which should be enough to satisfy Murphy.

Post edited by icdg on

They missed most of the Welsh anthem in England v Wales too.

It's hideous. I thought what the Premier League used last season was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Must be a part of the minority and say that the world-feed graphics and logo is exceptional.

Each to their own and all that jazz

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

Just in case anyone missed it. The PL fixtures for Oct are now confirmed

saw that thanks.

Anyone have advice on flying into Liverpool from Dublin, and train/bus down to Old Trafford with a couple of kids, is it straightforward, or expensive? Seems like a relatively short hop

You may ask that question elsewhere please, it has zilch to do with TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Acosta

I still find myself calling it BT, as so little has changed. Even the idents are more or less the same.

Advertisement