Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Every Arsenal game live except for Norwich.
    Sake.
    Now im gonna be broke.
    Setanta/bt package is awful expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Gonna pass on this ... not enough there to entice me to sign up for what they want to charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Surely Setanta is better value.

Setanta/BT Sport
    Premier League
    FA Cup
    NHL
    MLB
    League of Ireland
    Bundesliga
    Serie A
    Ligue 1
    SPL
    SFL
    MLS
    Brazilian and Argentine Football
    Copa
    A - League
    UFC
    Formula One
    Nascar
    Moto GP
    International matches
    Champions League
    Europa League
    Aviva Premiership
    Top 14
    Tennis
    GAA
    Golf

Sky Sports
    Premier League
    Football League
    SPL
    La Liga
    Formula One
    NFL
    International matches
    Champions League
    Darts
    Heineken Cup
    WWE (Sport?)
    Rabo Pro 12
    Cricket
    Tennis
    Golf

Even saying you are just a football fan, Setanta Sports has far more leagues around the world and at a much cheaper price. Will get both myself at first and probably get rid of Sky Sports!

Any word on who will be commentating on BT sport PL matches?

If they employ Jon Champion (from ESPN) thats enough reason for me not to subscribe!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any word on who will be commentating on BT sport PL matches?

If they employ Jon Champion (from ESPN) thats enough reason for me not to subscribe!
    Ian Darke returns from ESPN in America! ... great commentator, one of my favourites who is up there with Tyler and Hamilton.

• Advertisement

Surely Setanta is better value.

Setanta/BT Sport
    Premier League
    FA Cup
    NHL
    MLB
    League of Ireland
    Bundesliga
    Serie A
    Ligue 1
    SPL
    SFL
    MLS
    Brazilian and Argentine Football
    Copa
    A - League
    UFC
    Formula One
    Nascar
    Moto GP
    International matches
    Champions League
    Europa League
    Aviva Premiership
    Top 14
    Tennis
    GAA
    Golf

Sky Sports
    Premier League
    Football League
    SPL
    La Liga
    Formula One
    NFL
    International matches
    Champions League
    Darts
    Heineken Cup
    WWE (Sport?)
    Rabo Pro 12
    Cricket
    Tennis
    Golf

Even saying you are just a football fan, Setanta Sports has far more leagues around the world and at a much cheaper price. Will get both myself at first and probably get rid of Sky Sports!
    Your right they now have a fantastic suite of sporting rights under the one package. The thing with sky sports is its fantastic Prem League, Champions League and Heineken Cup coverage will always draw people but as the recession bites two subscriptions come into question... thinks like the focus on all things English like Cricket is also a big turn off, it goes on for days and days and I don't watch one second of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ian Darke returns from ESPN in America! ... great commentator, one of my favourites who is up there with Tyler and Hamilton.

Yeah Darke is good ,makes a match exciting .

Here's a list I make up each year after the fixtures are announced, makes it a lot easier to read... feel free to use it if you want, I've mine already stuck up on the back of the wardrobe door :) PS. I don't mean any copyright infringement with the use of the logos, its just for information purposes.

30wqyhl.jpg

Full Table:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/plp7wou2qw7nxhs/Prem%20League%20Fixtures.docx?n=62496262

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Here's a list I make up each year after the fixtures are announced, makes it a lot easier to read... feel free to use it if you want, I've mine already stuck up on the back of the wardrobe door :) PS. I don't mean any copyright infringement with the use of the logos, its just for information purposes.

oubqmh.jpg

Full Table:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/plp7wou2qw7nxhs/Prem%20League%20Fixtures.docx?n=62496262

Nice looking table! Liverpool v Stoke should be 12.45, not 2.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Currently I have Sky Sports. I have ESPN too but I think that's free with the Sky Sports subscription.

How much extra will I have to pay now for BT Sports and does this contain ESPN Classic/America too?

Not in the mood to check around for comparisons so a quick answer would be nice.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,877 ✭✭✭✭muffler

callaway92 wrote: »
    Currently I have Sky Sports. I have ESPN too but I think that's free with the Sky Sports subscription.

How much extra will I have to pay now for BT Sports and does this contain ESPN Classic/America too?

Not in the mood to check around for comparisons so a quick answer would be nice.

Thanks.
    Can we do anything else for you? Get milk from the shop? Close the front door? :rolleyes:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShaneKearney

Does anyone know whats happening on UPC with the current set up of free ESPN and Setanta Ireland???

muffler wrote: »
    Can we do anything else for you? Get milk from the shop? Close the front door? :rolleyes:

:D

Would've thought a mod would have more respect in a post than that.

Nice looking table! Liverpool v Stoke should be 12.45, not 2.45.
    Thanks mate for the heads up, that's fixed now for anyone who wants to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Infoanon wrote: »
    It was certainly running on Thursday evening - Starts with a Setanta plug for its games followed by all the extra games with BT Sport from Aug 1st.

I assume the promo is provided by Setanta so unless UPC were a bit hasty in running it I can see no reason why it would not be still running.

UPC Customer Channel is running the promos again for Setanta/BT Sports - slightly different promo to last week but still no mention of price.

On at 18.15 & 18.27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Infoanon wrote: »
    UPC Customer Channel is running the promos again for Setanta/BT Sports - slightly different promo to last week but still no mention of price.

On at 18.15 & 18.27

Is the French Open Tennis still coming up soon?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Guys, I know we are only trying to be helpful to each other, but Football Dataco are known for protecting their intellectual property quite vigerously, so for the sake of avoiding that we might avoid re-publishing the entire fixture list please.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

efm7g9.jpg

Full Table:

good work

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭apollo8

Would've thought a mod would have more respect in a post than that.

Have you had a sense of humor bypass?
    You got what you deserved given your own post,besides mods are regular users outside of the forums they moderate.

icdg wrote: »
    Guys, I know we are only trying to be helpful to each other, but Football Dataco are known for protecting their intellectual property quite vigerously, so for the sake of avoiding that we might avoid re-publishing the entire fixture list please.
    :eek: Were trying to sell the premier League making it easy to know where all the games can be found ... Do I have to take down my list so mate?

• Advertisement

You can post a link to it as long as its not hosted on Boards.

We expect you to act responsibly in posting Material on Boards.ie. You agree, through use of this service, NOT to use boards.ie to:
    post Material that infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary right or intellectual property right of any party"

You can post a link to it as long as its not hosted on Boards.
    So is the status quo alright making it available through the dropbox link?... honestly I didn't think it would be a problem especially the amount of times its been repeated over on DS and almost every other news site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

United Live every week there on one of the channels - great if you're a fan of theres.

Looking forward to next season now.

apollo8 wrote: »
    Have you had a sense of humor bypass?
    You got what you deserved given your own post,besides mods are regular users outside of the forums they moderate.

Jesus christ, I don't need a banned re-reg telling me how the site works.

I just asked for a bit of help.

Thanks if anyone can help me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

efm7g9.jpg

Full Table:

that listing isn't loading for me

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭apollo8

Jesus christ, I don't need a banned re-reg telling me how the site works.

I just asked for a bit of help.

Thanks if anyone can help me

Well your charm has worked on me.
    The Setanta package consisting of Setanta sports,Premier,BT1.BT2 and ESPN will be 20 euro PM.
    ESPN classic is to close.

Banned rereg i don't think so!

Have a nice day.

jay0109 wrote: »
    that listing isn't loading for me
    Sorry to here that lad but did you try another browser maybe because its still working for me on another pc.

Can the sniping please stop. If you have an argument from another forum take it back to that forum please. I don't want to hear about it here. Bans will issue to the next person that makes a snide remark here
    Does anyone know whats happening on UPC with the current set up of free ESPN and Setanta Ireland???

The answer is no, pricing on cable has yet to be announced.. My own gut feeling is that we will be lucky to keep the "free" (in reality on cable nothing is free, you're paying for it as part of your basic service) Setanta Ireland. I severly doubt (but would be pleasantly surprised if) ESPN will be still included in the basic package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

The answer is no, pricing on cable has yet to be announced.. My own gut feeling is that we will be lucky to keep the "free" (in reality on cable nothing is free, you're paying for it as part of your basic service) Setanta Ireland. I severly doubt (but would be pleasantly surprised if) ESPN will be still included in the basic package.

Ditto with Setanta on Eircom's online Sportshub site. Wonder will they at least have the Saturday 3pm's as they did up to May as part of their broadband package?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

efm7g9.jpg

Full Table:

Thanks - good work. Didn't realise BT games are going to be 12.45 while Sky get 5.30 games, this is excellent news as I'll be at my lad's u12 games at this time so no need for BT/Setanta!

Advertisement