Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

puppy

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

DBB wrote: »
    No. Quite frankly.
    I can tell you definitively now, that there are almost no healthy lines of Westies in Ireland. They are one of the most intensively puppy-farmed breeds, which has destroyed them.. possibly to the point of no return.
    They are the most allergic of all breeds: Atopy ("Westie Skin"), Pulmonary Fibrosis ("Westie lung").. yes, these conditions are so endemic in the breed, they're called after the breed, craniomandibular osteopathy, Perthe's disease (hips), luxating patella, colitis, severe food allergies, cancer, liver failure, kidney disease.. do you want me to go on? :o
    That's just health issues, and believe me, they are almost all endemic in the breed, not just in the odd dog, but the temperament issues in the breed are another paragraph altogether.
    As a huge fan of the breed, I would never, if you paid me, buy a Westie in the South of Ireland. There are some breeders ion the north doing a super job with the breed, but you're talking big money for them. I'll pass on contact details of you want them.

Whats the lines like of this in England i heard there better but by much i wonder?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Whats the lines like of this in England i heard there better but by much i wonder?

There is a better choice of responsible breeders in the UK.

Yea but i heard there line is seriously going down the jacks to its sad to see as it is such a lovely dog:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Yea but i heard there line is seriously going down the jacks to its sad to see as it is such a lovely dog:D

There is obviously more than just one line in a country the size of the UK

i am sure there is many lines some bad some good:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement