Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sats 39, 28, 26, 23, 19 & 16

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

givecredit wrote: »
    With the Ariva you also need to change the LNB Freq as well. I found this works for me by trial and error. Right toggle the freq options until signal bar lights up.

So are you saying for example for Hotbird which is going into Port 4 on the Diseqc switch, that I then go through every single one of the options under Diseqc 1.1 in the menu and under each option also try each and every LNB Frequency?

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Logic? I would have thought the 8 - way switch would work like 2 x 4 - way, with one side of each port combination being a 1 or 2 & the other being 1 - 4 (like with the M1, M2 etc. in your menu & the ports allocated to them).

By Logic I mean with a 4x1 Diseqc and you have Hotbird LNB going into Port 1 then on your STB you set Hotbird to Port 1 under Diseqc 1.0, easy.

Here I have Hotbird going into Port 4 on the Diseqc, but Ive no idea in the what relates to that in the STB.

What does M1 and M2 mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

One 'logical' thing to do would be to check you still have reception of satellites other than 28 east, without the switch in-line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

radiowaves wrote: »
    You need to use Disecq 1.2.

Do you mean because DiSEqC 1.1 implementation in this receiver is no good, or what?

One 'logical' thing to do would be to check you still have reception of satellites other than 28 east, without the switch in-line.

Yeah, your right - Ill have another look tomorrow.

Pic of Diseqc switch in question and current set-up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

iba wrote: »
    Tried Astra 19 on M2 Port 3, but nothing

But shows a signal on M1 Port 2 (the same Port as Astra 28)

but no Picture when i look at Dmax for example

Both sat. positions share frequencies; the signal would be from 28 east, so you wouldn't be able to view the 19 east channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Use 2 Cascades M2 ports 1-8.

The Signal meter cannot be trusted on diseqc on the Arivas (software glitch).

Go to the sat. I guarantee you the stations are working.

Both sat. positions share frequencies; the signal would be from 28 east, so you wouldn't be able to view the 19 east channels.

Thanks Ronnie - that makes sense and is what is happenning

STB wrote: »
    Use 2 Cascades M2 ports 1-8.

The Signal meter cannot be trusted on diseqc on the Arivas (software glitch).

Go to the sat. I guarantee you the stations are working.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction as to which cascade I was meant to go to/look at. I didnt know where I was meant to be looking. Without this info, I really was not getting anywhere - much appreciated.

Been working on it again today. Came across a few problems. Like Peter Rhea said, I went through all the sats and 19 wasnt really in the right place, so I rectified that. Also Ive discovered that one port on each of the switches did not work.

So anyway, Ive got it all sorted on the Ariva 120 and nearly all sorted on the Ariva 250 (slight problem with Badr but will have to spend a little more time looking at it).

Also Im pulling in station TRT Cocku, but not sure if thats coming in on 9 or 10 or 7 - again I need to do a it more work on that.

Yes you are right, the signal meter cannot be trusted. Ive seen this before but thought it was just me being silly. For example if I went to Badr the signal would only show 30 or 40 percent and would not light up, but if I actually went to a station on Badr like MBC 2, the picture was perfect.

Yeah Peter, you were right - found a problem or two and rectified - thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

iba wrote: »
    Also Im pulling in station TRT Cocku, but not sure if thats coming in on 9 or 10 or 7 - again I need to do a it more work on that.

Yes you are right, the signal meter cannot be trusted. Ive seen this before but thought it was just me being silly. For example if I went to Badr the signal would only show 30 or 40 percent and would not light up, but if I actually went to a station on Badr like MBC 2, the picture was perfect.

Eutelsat 7A 7.0°E 11456 V DVB-S MPEG-220050 3/4

The meter may show wrong readings as the transponder frequencies are also used on 7/9/13/29/28. It should not show the channel if you are on the wrong satellite list. It will say "scrambled" on an Ariva, "no or bad signal" on a TM/CTech and "SID not in PAT" on a DM/Vu+Duo.

If you have a pre-tuned box, you should be able to eliminate what it is not fairly quickly. On the Arivas I have noticed a fairly annoying bug in that it mat show no signal/quality readings whatsoever in the meter area but when you go to the satellite list itself they are working. 10e is typical of this. This is because it uses one frequency for the preset signal bar on sat flick through.

Advertisement