Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sats 39, 28, 26, 23, 19 & 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

More Pictures of my set-up. Im also including pictures of Signal Quality & Intensity from each of the Sat's LNB's.

I also forgot to mention in my last post that my Inverto Slim LNB is not being used in my set-up as even when jammed alongside 13E it picks up 7E, too hard to try for 9/10E on my size dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a problem to get 39 or 42 east with a TD110 aligned on 26, if you can get the lnb in the right position (assuming the dish can 'see' the satellites, of course).

I can't be much help as regards the suitability of the Triax multiblock, as I was just playing around holding an lnb in front of the dish. Good quality signal on the few tps I tried, whenever I managed to keep the lnb in just the right place.

Thanks Peter,

Im thinking my dish cant see the sat as I tried it with just the one LNB on the arm and got nowt (nor 36) - I think my house is in the way.

Talking about signals, Im getting a 90% now on MBC and quality is fluctauting between 63 - 70

I might try tuning in a station on 39 by holding another dish (old Lidl one) out the front window at the weekend

But I only noticed last nite that my Ariva 250 only has inputs for Diseqc ports 1,2, 3 and 4 - so I dont know how to get the Ariva to receive feeds from Ports 5 and 6 anyhow. (Im using an 8x1 diseqc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Great post Iba..I wonder what the price difference and functionality difference would be if your set up is compared to the Wavefrontier Toroidal t90 set up?? Anybody used either of the two and can give advice?

I may start ordering components from your list soon.Once again cheers:)

Toroidal won't get reliable reception of 26 east, it disappears with cloud cover.

Toroidal cost around 130euro ordering from Germany but bear in mind LNBs are seperate and just 4 LNB holders are usually included.

My set-up has eastern satellites at 42, 39, 28.2, 23.5, 19.2, 16, 13, 9 (originally KU band, now KA for Saorsat) & 4.8. I could've squeezed Thor on but am getting this on a motorised dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

iba wrote: »
    But I only noticed last nite that my Ariva 250 only has inputs for Diseqc ports 1,2, 3 and 4 - so I dont know how to get the Ariva to receive feeds from Ports 5 and 6 anyhow. (Im using an 8x1 diseqc)

Use Cascading. The Arive 250 is well capable of taking more than 8 x1 Diseqc

givecredit wrote: »
    Use Cascading. The Arive 250 is well capable of taking more than 8 x1 Diseqc

Thanks, but I thought that cascading was connecting one diseqc to another

Under Diseqc 1.0 on the Ariva, it only shows options for 4 ports and of course Disable.

Or is it under diseqc 1.1 I should be going?

• Advertisement

willyb007 wrote: »
    More Pictures of my set-up. Im also including pictures of Signal Quality & Intensity from each of the Sat's LNB's.

I also forgot to mention in my last post that my Inverto Slim LNB is not being used in my set-up as even when jammed alongside 13E it picks up 7E, too hard to try for 9/10E on my size dish.

Good job Willy - why dont you put 16 at the center and then have 13 and 19 at either side - You know, just for fun :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

He couldn't get the 4 degree separation between 13 & 9, so he isn't going to get a 3 degree separation.

He couldn't get the 4 degree separation between 13 & 9, so he isn't going to get a 3 degree separation.

Can you explain what you mean here for us amateurs please? :)

I dont understand these things coz I can get 26 and 28 but not 26 and 23.5

and also I can get 13, 16 and 19 but not 9/10 but I do get 7

Thanks

Thanks, but I thought that cascading was connecting one diseqc to another

Under Diseqc 1.0 on the Ariva, it only shows options for 4 ports and of course Disable.

Or is it under diseqc 1.1 I should be going?

Sold on my ariva, but yes under 1.1 and from memory I think you have option then for up to 16 lnb inputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Can you explain what you mean here for us amateurs please? :)

I dont understand these things coz I can get 26 and 28 but not 26 and 23.5

and also I can get 13, 16 and 19 but not 9/10 but I do get 7

Thanks

What he means is that if he can't get the 4 degree spacing between 13' and 9', that there is no way he will get the 3 degree spacing for 13' 16' and 19'.
    Not on a generic 80cm dish without using 3 slimline LNBs at least.
    3degree spacing is just manageable on a 90cm dish and even then it requires mods on any setup I've seen.

As for your issue with not being able to get 9/10, It can be hard to align correctly and a 16 degree offset may just be a bit much?
    Also I find it is very sensitive to elevation, if I remember correctly if I allign my multibar for optimum 9/10 reception(at only a 6 degree offset) it weakens my reception across all my other LNBs and to be honest apart from Penthouse HD or Saorsat (if u have the correct LNB) there's not a lot thats caught my interest there apart from trying to figure out how to clear BFBS ;)

• Advertisement

You can see from willyb's photos, that the lnbs are touching with the 6 degree separation between 13 & 19 east.

banie01 wrote: »
    What he means is that if he can't get the 4 degree spacing between 13' and 9', that there is no way he will get the 3 degree spacing for 13' 16' and 19'.
    Not on a generic 80cm dish without using 3 slimline LNBs at least.
    3degree spacing is just manageable on a 90cm dish and even then it requires mods on any setup I've seen.

As for your issue with not being able to get 9/10, It can be hard to align correctly and a 16 degree offset may just be a bit much?
    Also I find it is very sensitive to elevation, if I remember correctly if I allign my multibar for optimum 9/10 reception(at only a 6 degree offset) it weakens my reception across all my other LNBs and to be honest apart from Penthouse HD or Saorsat (if u have the correct LNB) there's not a lot thats caught my interest there apart from trying to figure out how to clear BFBS ;)

Thanks for explaining all that to me Banie

My issue is not really 9/10 - what Id really like to get is 39 whilst keeping 26 as my Prime focus

You can see from willyb's photos, that the lnbs are touching with the 6 degree separation between 13 & 19 east.

Hi Peter,

Yeah I see that - just I couldnt totally understand why if I can get 19, 16 and 13, why Willy couldnt - but I understand a lot better now with the explanations above and what you have written aswell of course

sorrry about this guys, but how come I can get 28 and 26 which are only 2 degrees apart, but I cannot get 26 and 23.5 which is a little further apart.

Is it because 28 is so strong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

sorrry about this guys, but how come I can get 28 and 26 which are only 2 degrees apart, but I cannot get 26 and 23.5 which is a little further apart.

Is it because 28 is so strong?

On your dish it would seem to me that your 26 LNB is ontop of the 23.5 lnb position.

23.5 is equally as strong as 19. What elevation is your dish ? 26 ?

STB wrote: »
    On your dish it would seem to me that your 26 LNB is ontop of the 23.5 lnb position.

23.5 is equally as strong as 19. What elevation is your dish ? 26 ?

Try lowering it sightly to the point before you lose 26E. You should get the 23 then. OR

Is your dish bracket drilled on the top rung or bottom rung ? If should be the bottom rung to get more tilt on the bracket. That shouldn't make a whole lot of difference given those sats are near the mid point of where your dish is focussed, but it will for the sat positions at the ends of the bracket, in my opinion.

Cheers Iba for the kind praise!

Yea like Peter said im only getting a 6 degree spacing at most on my 80cm dish. I like the interesting idea of maybe putting my slimline LNB focused on 16E and having the other 2 LNBs either side for 13E and 19.2E, but I fear it wont be possible to do this on my 80cm, In fact, I recall trying to scan for 16E when setting this up 2 weeks ago but i couldn't find it on a cloudy day even with help from my cheap sat finder! Its prob a weak sat OR I was scanning a weak TP!

What i did try though was to bend the aluminum bar of the multi-bracket to try get 9/10E when I was setting up with the Slimline LNB and the best I could get was Real Madrid TV on 9E however it was very pixelated & weak signal quality suggesting that its not really possible (But I could be wrong). I was mainly trying for 10E though for PLTV but its impossible for me on my set-up!

willyb007 wrote: »
    Cheers Iba for the kind praise!

Yea like Peter said im only getting a 6 degree spacing at most on my 80cm dish. I like the interesting idea of maybe putting my slimline LNB focused on 16E and having the other 2 LNBs either side for 13E and 19.2E, but I fear it wont be possible to do this on my 80cm, In fact, I recall trying to scan for 16E when setting this up 2 weeks ago but i couldn't find it on a cloudy day even with help from my cheap sat finder! Its prob a weak sat OR I was scanning a weak TP!

What i did try though was to bend the aluminum bar of the multi-bracket to try get 9/10E when I was setting up with the Slimline LNB and the best I could get was Real Madrid TV on 9E however it was very pixelated & weak signal quality suggesting that its not really possible (But I could be wrong). I was mainly trying for 10E though for PLTV but its impossible for me on my set-up!

I always found 9e the best way of getting 10e. Its an lnb tweak after that.

Your missing nothing on 10e - pltv now uses Tandberg Director encryption now.

You should be able to get 19 and 13 and 28 no problem on your 80cm dish, even without slimlines.

STB wrote: »
    I always found 9e the best way of getting 10e. Its an lnb tweak after that.

Your missing nothing on 10e - pltv now uses Tandberg Director encryption now.

You should be able to get 19 and 13 and 28 no problem on your 80cm dish, even without slimlines.

Cheers STB,

Yea i had tested that with great results (13, 19 & 28) But i have 28 on separate dish and was wondering about another worthwhile sat to put on my spare holder on my 80cm. I think im down to 2 options 7E and 4.?E i could pick up both offset from 13E centred. Just to figure out which one is better or more worthwhile or even to bother atall!

At the minute, 13E & 19E has a great selection for me to browse through, just out of interest and enthusiasm i was prepared to try another sat! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

16 east isn't weak anymore like it used to be. A 60cm will get it. So don't know why you don't use slimline lnb for 16, then 13, 19, 28. 23.5 is also very strong.

Guys

Sorry 4 eing such a pain but Im having trouble getting teh settings 4 the diseqc switch

Im going to go back and try for 39 again - but since I have everything set up for 28, 26, 19, 16, 13 and 7 at the moment, I just want to set it right before I go changing again.

Anyway, the LNBs are going into the following ports on the 8x1 diseqc:

28 to Port 2
    26 to Port 1
    19 = 7
    16 = 8
    13 = 4
    7 = 5

In the settings on the STB in Antenna Set-up, Im only able to get a singnal for Astra 28 and that is by going to Diseqc 1.1 and setting it to 1Cascade M1:Port 2 but if I try to put Badr 26 at 1CascadeM1:Port 1 I get no signal. Indeed when I try it on any of the other settings I get nothing.

The settings available are:

1Cascade M1: Ports 1 -4
    1Cascade M2: Ports 1 -4
    1Cascade M3: Ports 1 -4
    2Cascades: Ports 1 - 16

I also have Diseqc 1.0 Disabled.

So can anyone advise please?
    Thanks

Have you tried any of the other sats.? Say a strong one like 19, does it show up on M2 port 3?

Have you tried any of the other sats.? Say a strong one like 19, does it show up on M2 port 3?

Tried Astra 19 on M2 Port 3, but nothing

But shows a signal on M1 Port 2 (the same Port as Astra 28)

but no Picture when i look at Dmax for example

Has me totally confused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

In the settings on the STB in Antenna Set-up, Im only able to get a singnal for Astra 28 and that is by going to Diseqc 1.1

You need to use Disecq 1.2.

radiowaves wrote: »
    You need to use Disecq 1.2.

I only seem to have options for Diseqc 1.0 and 1.1

So does this mean I cant use an 8x1 Diseqc?

You don't need to use DiSEqC 1.2: it's primarily for controlling motors & although it can be used with switches, there would be no need to use it for this purpose if the receiver supports 1.1.

Did you try the '2 cascades' options?

You don't need to use DiSEqC 1.2: it's primarily for controlling motors & although it can be used with switches, there would be no need to use it for this purpose if the receiver supports 1.1.

Did you try the '2 cascades' options?

Hi pete,
    Yeah ive tried lots of different options. On 2 cascades the only sat that comes in is astra28.
    Is there any logic to the way its meant to work or is it all just guessing?
    I thought this would be easy like a 4x1 diseqc.

Hi pete,
    Yeah ive tried lots of different options. On 2 cascades the only sat that comes in is astra28.
    I thought this would be easy like a 4x1 diseqc.

With the Ariva you also need to change the LNB Freq as well. I found this works for me by trial and error. Right toggle the freq options until signal bar lights up.

• Advertisement

Logic? I would have thought the 8 - way switch would work like 2 x 4 - way, with one side of each port combination being a 1 or 2 & the other being 1 - 4 (like with the M1, M2 etc. in your menu & the ports allocated to them).

Advertisement