Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation weight loss clinic

Options
  • 22-02-2013 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Have decided that I need to lose about 4 stone - am only 5ft 2in and weigh 14 stone. Rang Motivation clinic today and all the girl would tell me was that the initial consultation was €25. I understand that it can be up to €600 for a 20 week programe - but does anyone know - is that up front, or can it be on a phased basis?. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from PI :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

They have payment plans. It works if you stick to it. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Hybernian Angel

Thanks for your input. Think I will give it a shot. I'm big into following routine and seeing results in my work persona - so this might work for me. Only way to know is to give it a go. My first visit is next Tues - will be back with more info then.

My biggest problem ( besides the weight !), is that I hold down a full time job which should be 37.5 hrs / week - but I usually end up having to stay back bringing it up to about 50. Also I'm studying for Msc - oh, and yes - I have a family, 3 of whom are living at home.

Time and energy is a massive factor.:(

Well - went for my first visit - which was as advertised, €25 . Now I'm booking in for a 23 week programe - €1,300 in total which includes consultations, protein bars and diet sheets. Am I crazy ?. Have given up smoking which saves me €30 / week anyway - and if I went to WW it'd be €10 / week. Still hoping it's going to be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Ouch, that's a hefty pricetag. Remember that you don't have to buy their protein bars and such. There is no processed food product out there that is superior to whole, natural foods.

Check in with the stickies in this forum. That's great advice, and it's free. :)

Whats a 'stickie '?

My experience has been that its worth the investment IF you're ready to stick to it. If not, then it's a total waste. I've lost loads of weight so I'm happy with it.

A stickie is a thread left permanently at the top of forums as they are always updated and full of helpful info.

OK - started today. The food plan is harsh enough - so i'll probably struggle a little in the begining. Here's hoping.

16lbs down in the first 5 weeks. But 2 lbs up in the last week.....starting to struggle cos I think I went at it too hard. Going to pretend the last few days didn't happen ( out twice in a week - drinkies plus, plus). Will set the next appointment for a week tomorrow and go from there. Have a box of chocks to work on first. Going to Galway next week also for a hotel break.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mirder

Hi Hibernian angel. I'm just wondering if your still doing the diet an how you are getting on? I started about 11weeks ago and would love to talk to someone else doing it

Gave up Motivation about two weeks ago. I just couldfn't justify €250 per month on what they were giving me. €30 per week on 2 protein bars twice a week was bad enough - but paying €30 for 10 minutes of a person using very amateur psychology to tell me what I already knew was a bit stupid to say the least. I now just make sure to use my pedometer to ensure I walk my 10,000 steps a day. Works better for me. Wouldn't advise anyone to sign up for the full deal of €1,300 for the 23 weeks - not worth it in my opinion.

Hi guys, Im still doing it. I'm dying to be done with it cos im stoney broke but im still losing weight (and still need to) so I'm going to keep at it until I've the last 2 stone gone. It works brilliantly as long as you're committed and motivated but it's very hard to maintain that motivation so i go through good and bad patches. Going through a good patch now as brothers wedding is 5 months off!

I've heard brilliant things about Slimming World as well - know loads of people who were successful with that.

Happy to talk anytime Mirder - drop me a pm or whatever!

Good for you CBFI. But I just found it a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mirder

Is anyone out there doing theoyivation weight loss programme? I've been doing it for about 12 weeks, have lost two stone. Finding this week hard because I'm back on a high dose of steroids! I know it's expensive and brain washing psychology but frankly I need to loose ten stone, so 8 more to go. The discipline of having to stand on scales in front of someone else works for me with this but didn't with weight watchers. I think it's because Weight watchers doesn't correct my habits I would simply use the points on biscuits and cake!!! Have been sick for last 23 yrs on doses of steroids in excess of 70mg daily, hence the craving for sugar and 10stone!! Anyone in a similar position?

Didn't work for me......but that might just be a personal thing...!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Windchime

Hi Guys,
    Having done some research and gone with the word of a work colleague who lost two stone with the Motivation Clinic, I decided to book a consult. Consult was today E25 (non refundable). The consult was very sales orientated but I wanted to lose weight so I decided to go ahead with the plan. For anyone who is interested, Im going with the Nutritional Plan - a 23 week programme.

Includes 2 CD's, one book

Total price E720
    Deposit: E125 (which I paid after my first chat)
    Sat - 25.05.12 I have my first appt and I pay E250 and I pay E50 every week until my 8th appt where I pay E45, then finished my payments. I was concerned about hidden charges but this applies to the supplement bars. She said I HAVE TO buy the bars to ensure I lose the weight. I did ask is there an alternative way (at home with my own food) that I can eat a sufficient amount of protein...ie eggs etc and she said no.

About me ...I am 39 (a young looking 39). I'm a size 14, height is 5ft8, and my weight on weigh in at the consult today was 12st11. (In the mornings I'm about 12st3).
    Measurements: Bust 41, waist 34, Hips 43 - BMI 27.3
    I hold my weight well, as I'm tall and have an athletic figure. I want to lose 2 1/2 stone and she said this would be lost in two months all going well. Once I reach my target weight, I still come back and get weighed on a weekly basis and get motivational tips and keep in the habit of the healthy eating routine, which is good all inclusive of the cost.

I will keep a weekly log here and advise of my progress and at the end of it, I can tell you was it worth all the money !!
    I have tried Weightwatchers, Unislim and of course Lipotrim. With regards to the slimming clubs, I don't find them motivational. I need someone to be strict with me and give me a slap on the hand if I do something wrong. With Lipotrim, its an extremely hard diet but works....SHORT TERM ONLY !! 3 shakes a day is not fun. You lost it, feel great on it but once you go back refeeding you put the weight back on. Only works if you have a special occasion coming up.

I gave up Motivation after 6 weeks. Couldn't sustain the protien bars and found the sessions very patronising.But that's just me perhaps.

Did you get any of your money back ? Did you lose any of the weight in the time you were there ?

Like you I found the 'initial assessment' to be more of a hard sell. I was a bit wary about the pushing of the protien bars. Felt after a while they were dangerously processed and actually started to make me feel nausiated. Also I felt to pay out such a large sum (€1,300 over the 23 weeks) on a system that I had no experience of and could get no full disclosure on would have been insanity. I made a deal with them where I'd pay €250/ month. But I'm a nurse manager so perhaps I was a bit more alert to 'gimmicks'.:rolleyes:

Lost 16 lbs in 16 weeks but that was primarily because I bought a pedometer and upped my exercise level a lot. Felt the sessions were of a pretty poor standard both psychologically and also value for money. Paying €30 to a non professional for approx 10 min to tell you if you really want to get from A to B you need to focus actually became a bit demotivating. However, maybe that was just me and it might work well for you. Best of luck.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Mitzy24

Hi,
    I am currently doing motivation. In 8 weeks I have lost 26 pounds!! I have lost 6inches from the waist, 4 from my chest and 3.5 from my hips!! I'm thrilled with my progress. I have a further 2 stone to still lose!
    Starting weight 13stone 5
    Current weight 11 stone 7
    Goal weight 9stone 7
    Height 5 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

€30 per week on 2 protein bars twice a week was bad enough

probably about a tenner in the shops for the same.

Mitzy24
    Which plan did you go for ?? How much did you lose in the first week out of interest ? With regards to the supplements, did you manage to get an alternative supplier for them as they are pretty expensive ie the internet.

probably about a tenner in the shops for the same.

Are they the same brand ??

I am on the nutritional plan, with 24 weeks!! I lost four my first weigh in which wasn't a full week. 5, 4, 4 and a couple of threes. I'm just taking there supplements, I know it €30 but my grocery shop is a lot cheaper. Very happy with progress, people are really noticing this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Windchime wrote: »
    Are they the same brand ??

I think it should also be 2 bars a day not a week

i.e. 14 bars a week

you can also buy other things rather than bars - e.g. crispy things, shakes etc

I also had success at Motivation

3 stone over the 16 week programme

1 stone off in 2 weeks, another in the following 4 and then one over the rest

I also find the general principles easy to use myself whenever I think I could lose a few pounds in the time since I finished.

I found the weekly consultation essential - yes, I soemtimes wanted to just get weighed and get the hellout rather than talk but I found the discipline in going every week to be weighed essential for sticking with it

left to my own devices I wouldn't

How come yours in a 24 week plan ?? Im on the Nutritional Plan and mine is 23 weeks. I just lost my job on Friday and when I heard the cost of the plan, I nearly dropped to the floor. But if it works....Ill be a happy girl. It is very expensive if you include the supplements aswell. Want to see if there are alternative ways of getting the same bars at a cheaper price.

I'm not sure why its 24, I just had the option between that and the 20.
    I think the Atkins bars in boots are similar to motivations

Riskymove wrote: »
    I think it should also be 2 bars a day not a week

i.e. 14 bars a week

you can also buy other things rather than bars - e.g. crispy things, shakes etc

I also had success at Motivation

3 stone over the 16 week programme

1 stone off in 2 weeks, another in the following 4 and then one over the rest

I also find the general principles easy to use myself whenever I think I could lose a few pounds in the time since I finished.

I found the weekly consultation essential - yes, I soemtimes wanted to just get weighed and get the hellout rather than talk but I found the discipline in going every week to be weighed essential for sticking with it

left to my own devices I wouldn't

Yeh its two bars a day. Which plan were you on ? The basic plan has no supplements. I really want to see if the weight comes up steadily ie 5Ibs a weeks would be great.

• Advertisement

Mitzy24 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why its 24, I just had the option between that and the 20.
    I think the Atkins bars in boots are similar to motivations

She was very strict when talking about the bars. She STATED its imperative I eat them twice daily. It just works out very steep when taking the cost of those supplements so need to find alternatives

Advertisement