Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2013 (Main Thread - SPOILER FREE!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭edgy

Any idea when x factor is starting back on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I think the X Factor is a million times better than American Idol.

You need a bit of drama to spice up the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

edgy wrote: »
    Any idea when x factor is starting back on tv?

I'd guess Saturday the 24th or 31st of August

The X Factor is being super-sized for its 10th series, airing on both Saturdays and Sundays throughout the run.

Simon Cowell's ever-popular reality series returns on Saturday, August 31. The show will also air the following night (September 1) as ITV's coverage will be expanded to cover the whole weekend this year to cater for an extra round of auditions.

The show has brought back 'closed' audition rooms for the first round of the competition, which haven't been seen on the show since series five.

However, successful acts will still have to impress the judges at a second round of arena auditions before they make it to Boot Camp.

This extra layer of auditions means that this year's series will be the show's biggest yet.

Gary Barlow, Nicole Scherzinger, Louis Walsh and the returning Sharon Osbourne make up the judging panel for the show's 10th anniversary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The X Factor is being super-sized for its 10th series, airing on both Saturdays and Sundays throughout the run.

Simon Cowell's ever-popular reality series returns on Saturday, August 31. The show will also air the following night (September 1) as ITV's coverage will be expanded to cover the whole weekend this year to cater for an extra round of auditions.

The show has brought back 'closed' audition rooms for the first round of the competition, which haven't been seen on the show since series five.

However, successful acts will still have to impress the judges at a second round of arena auditions before they make it to Boot Camp.

This extra layer of auditions means that this year's series will be the show's biggest yet.

Gary Barlow, Nicole Scherzinger, Louis Walsh and the returning Sharon Osbourne make up the judging panel for the show's 10th anniversary.

Even Digital Spy can't distinguish "anniversary" from "year" or "season", it seems...

facepalm.jpg

As I've said before, the tabloids, gossip magazines and gossip sites are all fully aware that the show's contract with ITV expires at the end of this year, and so they're pulling out all the stops to ensure that that contract gets renewed.

If they fail, then don't be too surprised if they treat their readers like they're saying "it's all your fault you bástárds, we hate you so very much"... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(Once again, none of this is aimed at you, Liz, or at anyone else who still likes the show. :):))

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Back this Saturday, which only means one thing!

The countdown to Christmas begins!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

The show's Twitter page has said a fifth judge will be revealed on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Loughc wrote: »
    Back this Saturday, which only means one thing!

The countdown to Christmas begins!!! :D

Don't expect the winner to top the UK charts on 25 December, though - three of the last four didn't. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Don't expect the winner to top the UK charts on 25 December, though - three of the last four didn't. ;)

I have no intentions of seeing/expecting or wanting them to reach the Christmas Number 1, I used XFactor as a Christmas Countdown more so than a show these days haha!

bopper wrote: »
    The show's Twitter page has said a fifth judge will be revealed on Friday.

Simon will be back somehow he knows he has to return to get ratings up

• Advertisement

Simon will be back somehow he knows he has to return to get ratings up

The judges this year are travelling to Simon's house in LA to find out what categories they've been given.

I can imagine the 5th judge will be a celeb guess that changes every week for the live shows? :confused:

I just hope the new judge is not something lame like "the viewer". The show has needed a fifth judge for years, simply to stop the rest of the judges copping out and going to deadlock whenever they haven't the balls to vote properly.

I just hope the new judge is not something lame like "the viewer". The show has needed a fifth judge for years, simply to stop the rest of the judges copping out and going to deadlock whenever they haven't the balls to vote properly.

It looks like the 5th judge is indeed the viewer. Apparently they are opening the phone lines at the start of each show the person with the lowest amount on the Saturday night goes into the bottom two and then it's normal services for the Sunday night.

Awful idea and lazy idea.

It looks like the 5th judge is indeed the viewer. Apparently they are opening the phone lines at the start of each show the person with the lowest amount on the Saturday night goes into the bottom two and then it's normal services for the Sunday night.

I read something similar, but that the phone lines open at the end of the performances on Saturday night's show just for 200 seconds!?

The person with the lowest votes in this so called "flash voting" is revealed and they automatically have to sing for survival on Sunday. The phone lines re open as normal minus that person.

More money for Simon so :rolleyes:

More money for Simon so :rolleyes:

He needs it he has a baby on the way :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I read something similar, but that the phone lines open at the end of the performances on Saturday night's show just for 200 seconds!?

The person with the lowest votes in this so called "flash voting" is revealed and they automatically have to sing for survival on Sunday. The phone lines re open as normal minus that person.

Thats a terrible idea. Just confuses things. But still looking forward to the show and even more so the posts on here, always great entertainment. I hope liz runs her prediction thread again this year, I'm feeling lucky.

Also cant wait to hear James Arthur debut his new single You're nobody til Somebody loves you.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Thats a terrible idea. Just confuses things. But still looking forward to the show and even more so the posts on here, always great entertainment. I hope liz runs her prediction thread again this year, I'm feeling lucky.

Also cant wait to hear James Arthur debut his new single You're nobody til Somebody loves you.

Liz has moved to Abu Dhabi so someone else will have to take over :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

so its the start of another year, i feel lots of angry posts coming on lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,874 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Wine, chocolate, ice cream and more wine.

Whelp. I'm ready to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Wine, chocolate, ice cream and more wine.

Whelp. I'm ready to go!

Sounds good, enjoy. I'm heading out soon so Xfactor will be my hangover tv in the morning.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,874 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm so happy they've gone back to the old format for the auditions this year.

And Sharon's back!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

...and they say Kesha needs a wash.

Luke's hair does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

J Star, we won't forget you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That wind up was laced with subtlety!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Well that was different :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

They look as if they're in a news studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Love the rockster who's mother made sandwiches for him. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

That seemed a tad staged.

Advertisement