Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2013 (Main Thread - SPOILER FREE!)

Options
  • 22-02-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭

So Tulisa is out and Robbie is in that the latest gossip going round

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

This year's series may still be several months away - but, clearly, the British tabloids want us all to start thinking about it now... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They obviously weren't tremendously happy when last year's series was thrashed by Strictly, and when the general response to James Arthur's win was "meh".

And they're obviously aware that this year's series could turn out to be the last.

(No, really, it could - the show's contract with ITV expires immediately afterwards, and if this contract is not renewed, then where could the show possibly go? The BBC showing interest is about as likely as a rocking horse doing a poo, as are ten million viewers every Saturday night for four months on Channel 4 or Channel 5.)

That's why they're already starting to pull out all the stops to ensure that the show remains on ITV for some years yet.

I hope they fail miserably, the b*****ds. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(And none of that is aimed at you in any way, Liz, or at anyone else who does still like the show. :):))

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lulu and Gary back with Nicole and Sharon O is the latest judge rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I just read today that Simon is coming back

As I said, the British tabloids want us all to think about this year's series now. (That's emphasis, BTW.)

It doesn't matter that it's still around four months away, or that Simon's other big Saturday night talent show is currently on, doing battle with a singing contest that's completely unlike XF...

I doubt that I'm the only one who wouldn't bend to this will of the Sun, the Mirror, the Star and the Daily Mail even if my life depended on it.

(Again, none of this is aimed at you, Liz. :):))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 dogski

I just wish they would give up on this stupid show! It has really got pathetic in the past few years!

dogski wrote: »
    I just wish they would give up on this stupid show! It has really got pathetic in the past few years!

Well, the aforementioned newspapers wish the complete opposite.

That is, they wish that this show would go on for as long as what they think is absolutely possible (i.e. almost forever), no matter what. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As I said, they weren't happy when last year's series was thrashed by Strictly, and when no-one seemed interested in the winner.

So it's more than likely that they'll be furious if the show's contract isn't renewed after this year's series... :rolleyes:

Crystal Swing turned down an invitation to appear on the show

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/sharons-back-as-x-factor-judging-panel-confirmed-595186.html

Sharon Osbourne, Nicole Scherzinger, Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh have been confirmed as this year's 'X Factor' judges.

ITV have finally ended speculation surrounding who will make up the panel on the 10th series of the show by revealing the 60-year-old star – who was a judge from 2004 to 2007 – will be back, and she can't wait to start her second stint on the programme.

She said: “I couldn’t be happier about coming back for the 10th anniversary of 'X Factor'. I can’t wait to give Gary Barlow a big hug, sit next to the gorgeous Nicole, and of course throw water on dear Louis. Yay!”

Show boss Simon Cowell said: "Three words I never thought I'd say …. Welcome back Sharon!"

Dermot O'Leary will also return to host the show, which will see wannabes having to tackle two sets of auditions in front of the judges for the first time ever.

At first they will require at least three yeses from the four panellists in an intimate audition room and then have to impress them all over again in an arena to prove they can perform in front of an audience.

There had been speculation Nicole – who mentored James Arthur to victory in last year's series – might not be back on the show due to her music commitments, but she has juggled her schedule around and is excited about returning to the panel.

She said: "I had so much fun and such a great experience on the show last year – it far exceeded all my expectations! I always give 110 per cent to all I do and I put everything else on hold to focus on 'X Factor' and supporting my Scherzy boys.

"This year, now that I’ve worked out doing my new music and the show together, I am so excited to get back to the UK, my second home, and get stuck into 'X Factor' 2013!”

Gary added: "It's great to be back for the 10-year anniversary of 'X Factor' and my third year with the show. This year is looking to be our best yet!

"To have a winner like James Arthur last year was a big game changer; I really hope that his authenticity and credibility will attract acts of a similar talent this series and I'm very excited about that.”

Louis will celebrate a record 10th year on the panel and he can't wait to team up with Sharon again.

He said: “I'm back with a vengeance! 10 years on and I'm just as thrilled to be involved in the best show on TV and even more delighted to be re-united with original judge Sharon Osbourne. Let the fun and games commence!”

The judges’ auditions will start on June 4th in Glasgow before visiting Birmingham, Manchester, London and Cardiff. This will be followed by the second stage of judges’ arena auditions in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

woot!!!!!:D:D lulu and sharon are back together!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ugh Sharon irritates me! Would actually consider not watching it because of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i love sharon :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/sharons-back-as-x-factor-judging-panel-confirmed-595186.html

Sharon Osbourne, Nicole Scherzinger, Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh have been confirmed as this year's 'X Factor' judges.

ITV have finally ended speculation surrounding who will make up the panel on the 10th series of the show by revealing the 60-year-old star – who was a judge from 2004 to 2007 – will be back, and she can't wait to start her second stint on the programme.

She said: “I couldn’t be happier about coming back for the 10th anniversary of 'X Factor'. I can’t wait to give Gary Barlow a big hug, sit next to the gorgeous Nicole, and of course throw water on dear Louis. Yay!”

Show boss Simon Cowell said: "Three words I never thought I'd say …. Welcome back Sharon!"

Dermot O'Leary will also return to host the show, which will see wannabes having to tackle two sets of auditions in front of the judges for the first time ever.

At first they will require at least three yeses from the four panellists in an intimate audition room and then have to impress them all over again in an arena to prove they can perform in front of an audience.

There had been speculation Nicole – who mentored James Arthur to victory in last year's series – might not be back on the show due to her music commitments, but she has juggled her schedule around and is excited about returning to the panel.

She said: "I had so much fun and such a great experience on the show last year – it far exceeded all my expectations! I always give 110 per cent to all I do and I put everything else on hold to focus on 'X Factor' and supporting my Scherzy boys.

"This year, now that I’ve worked out doing my new music and the show together, I am so excited to get back to the UK, my second home, and get stuck into 'X Factor' 2013!”

Gary added: "It's great to be back for the 10-year anniversary of 'X Factor' and my third year with the show. This year is looking to be our best yet!

"To have a winner like James Arthur last year was a big game changer; I really hope that his authenticity and credibility will attract acts of a similar talent this series and I'm very excited about that.”

Louis will celebrate a record 10th year on the panel and he can't wait to team up with Sharon again.

He said: “I'm back with a vengeance! 10 years on and I'm just as thrilled to be involved in the best show on TV and even more delighted to be re-united with original judge Sharon Osbourne. Let the fun and games commence!”

The judges’ auditions will start on June 4th in Glasgow before visiting Birmingham, Manchester, London and Cardiff. This will be followed by the second stage of judges’ arena auditions in July.

Did the Examiner really take that article off Virgin Media's site?! :eek:

http://www.virginmedia.com/newsfeeds//11587/2013/05/22/x-factor-2013-judging-panel/

Regardless, the author clearly loves the X Factor that much. Bit like the tabloids, really. :rolleyes:

Sharon's return, meanwhile, kind of reeks of being a desperate throw of the dice - and so does this new double-audition format.

Well, why not? Simon must surely know that last year's series tanked, and that the show's current contract with ITV expires after this year's series...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

God I hate Sharon. It's going to be even more of a pantomime than ever. I can already predict the rivalry between her and Gary :rolleyes: YAWN. Sharon isn't involved enough in the music industry these days to be a part of the show, it's ridiculous.

I think it is time Simon faces up to the fact that X Factor is done, look at who he got in for judges in the UK and US shows this year, no one wants to join his sinking ships, Simon should abandon ship and go back to Idol :P (even though saying all that I off course will still be watching again :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

God I hate Sharon. It's going to be even more of a pantomime than ever. I can already predict the rivalry between her and Gary :rolleyes: YAWN. Sharon isn't involved enough in the music industry these days to be a part of the show, it's ridiculous.

Completely agree, I liked her when she was on the show a few years ago but she's not relevant enough anymore. I probably won't be watching this year.

Comic Matt Richardson taking over for Olly Murs on The Xtra Factor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

noooooooooooooooooooo :(:(:(

and who?

Comic Matt Richardson taking over for Olly Murs on The Xtra Factor

Not heard of him at all before now...

Did I just hear the bottom of the barrel being scraped again?

Melanie McCabe is suppose to have tried out again

• Advertisement

X Factor have released this mash-up of some of the hits that have been released by singers from the show over the past 10 years. It's actually pretty good!

No Leon Jackson, Steve Brookstein or even Matt Cardle though :o

No Jedward either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Understandable they don't include Leon, Steve or Jedward but I would've thought Matt, Rebecca Ferguson and Diana Vickers deserved a place.

bopper wrote: »
    Understandable they don't include Leon, Steve or Jedward but I would've thought Matt, Rebecca Ferguson and Diana Vickers deserved a place.

Completely forgot about Rebecca. I was just thinking today too whatever happened to Marcus Collins. And poor Joe McElderry wasn't on it either! More runners up than winners in that clip!!

Completely forgot about Rebecca. I was just thinking today too whatever happened to Marcus Collins. And poor Joe McElderry wasn't on it either! More runners up than winners in that clip!!

Marcus was in Ireland recently in the musical Hairspray

X Factor have released this mash-up of some of the hits that have been released by singers from the show over the past 10 years. It's actually pretty good!

No Leon Jackson, Steve Brookstein or even Matt Cardle though :o

No Jedward either :(

Well JLS are calling it quits as a group this year and Alexandra Burke was dropped from her record label this year and Leona Lewis last album flopped so kinda surprised they are shown still in the mash up to promote the show

Joe is in it

Well JLS are calling it quits as a group this year and Alexandra Burke was dropped from her record label this year and Leona Lewis last album flopped so kinda surprised they are shown still in the mash up to promote the show

Really?? I would have thought they were three of the most obvious ones to be included. I'm pretty sure JLS have had the most number ones out of any X Factor act and they've also won two Brit Awards and a number of MOBOS so obviously they should be included.

Alexandra and Leona's most recent albums didn't do that well but they've still had number one singles and albums in the past, plus they're both still signed to labels and recording music.

So this is Lulu Walsh's last year

So this is Lulu Walsh's last year

I can't see myself watching it without Lulu. He's jumping off a sinking ship though, honestly don't see how many more years it can keep going for.

• Advertisement

Advertisement