Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2013 (Main Thread - SPOILER FREE!)

Options
1136137138139140142»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

I think i'm in love with Luke Friend. That voice, those lips, that smile mmmm. He should have won but i think he'll have more success that he didn't. I'm definitely a Friendie lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

May as well bump this thread with the viewing figures for the final ten episodes (and their respective positions in ITV's top 30 for that week), again courtesy of BARB:

Sat 16/11: 7.74m (6th), Sun 17/11: 8.59m (3rd)
    Sat 23/11: 7.26m (13th), Sun 24/11: 8.34m (11th)
    Sat 30/11: 7.29m (12th), Sun 01/12: 6.86m (16th)
    Sat 07/12: 7.84m (12th), Sun 08/12: 8.34m (9th)
    Sat 14/12: 7.79m (4th), Sun 15/12: 8.92m (1st)

All ten episodes of Strictly during this period were watched by at least 10 million people, while the "Best of The X Factor" theme on 23 November attracted over five million less than "The Day of the Doctor".

The show didn't stand much chance against I'm A Celebrity either, and continued to struggle to beat the goings-on in Weatherfield.

And of course, the figures for the final were the lowest since the first one in 2004 (and, correspondingly, Sam's cover of "Skyscraper" was the lowest-selling winner's single since Steve Brookstein's cover of "Against All Odds").

But, again, not that ITV, the tabloids or the gossip media will lose a lot of sleep over all this. To them, it matters much more that the show will be back for an 11th series in around seven months' time - and a 12th and a 13th, too. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

'Answerphone' is the first song to be lifted from his forthcoming debut album In The Arms Of An Angel, to be released via Sony's RCA Records in the UK on March 10.
    The album will feature two other original tracks, along with several cover versions.
    McDonald has also covered Bruno Mars's 'Just The Way You Are', Adele's 'Someone Like You' and Westlife's 'Flying Without Wings' for the LP.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s103/the-x-factor/news/a552431/nicholas-mcdonald-unveils-video-for-new-single-answerphone-watch.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

God, he's just like Eoghan Quigg all over again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

what in the name of fcuk is that :confused::confused::confused: it is terrible , im glad he didnt win now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

UGH, lasted a minute, then i turned it off. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

'Answerphone' is the first song to be lifted from his forthcoming debut album In The Arms Of An Angel, to be released via Sony's RCA Records in the UK on March 10.
    The album will feature two other original tracks, along with several cover versions.
    McDonald has also covered Bruno Mars's 'Just The Way You Are', Adele's 'Someone Like You' and Westlife's 'Flying Without Wings' for the LP.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s103/the-x-factor/news/a552431/nicholas-mcdonald-unveils-video-for-new-single-answerphone-watch.html

It's like something from a comedy sketch show. The verses are sh*te - ring ring ring beep beep beep. Complicated lyrics!!! The album is released a couple of weeks before Mothers Day so it will probably go to No. 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

It's like something from a comedy sketch show. The verses are sh*te - ring ring ring beep beep beep. Complicated lyrics!!! The album is released a couple of weeks before Mothers Day so it will probably go to No. 1

Look at him messing with the sound board! HAHAHA! This is comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sam's album The Power of Love is out in March too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Have you heard Eoghan Quigg singing one of the song entries for eurovision? Sounds great and strongest of the 5 entries.Deserves to do well:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I couldn't bring myself to watch Nicholas's video all the way through... It's so cringe! Even the faces he makes while singing - talk about trying too hard! He's obviously trying to appeal to a younger generation but it failed miserably. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last we ever hear of him.

Advertisement