Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2013 (Main Thread - SPOILER FREE!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

He is only seventeen...oh wait, was that mentioned at all by the judges ;) He was very lucky to finish second, in my opinion. He had some very poor performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,663 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The winner shouldn't wait a year to release an album, Sam should get one out straight away even if it is of covers, I don't think she will have longevity anyways, I see the Loose Women panel and the stage in Sam's future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

mikeym wrote: »
    The boy can sing, but like Leon Jackson and Joe Mcelderry before him, hes not a popstar. And Im sure Syco dont want the hassle of another flop album like Leon/Joe/Matt.

Ill be surprised if he gets a record deal with a big record company

He's not a popstar but if he recorded covers albums for an older audience he could probably have a lengthy career. Joe is recording his fifth album at the moment.

Saying that tough, Joe seems much more comfortable and happier with what he's doing now than when he was with Syco. Nicholas on the other hand seems to think he's the next Justin Timberlake so his pride could be his downfall. Plus Joe is a much much better singer than Nicholas.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The winner shouldn't wait a year to release an album, Sam should get one out straight away even if it is of covers, I don't think she will have longevity anyways, I see the Loose Women panel and the stage in Sam's future

I don't get why everyone is making that assumption before we've even heard an original song of hers.

Everyone presumed Matt would be a huge success because he was "relevant" and "credible" and look how that turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

bopper wrote: »
    I don't get why everyone is making that assumption before we've even heard an original song of hers.

Everyone presumed Matt would be a huge success because he was "relevant" and "credible" and look how that turned out.

Jaysus look how how they all turned out. Only 1direction made it big time.

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Jaysus look how how they all turned out. Only 1direction made it big time.

So you don't think Olly Murs, JLS, Little Mix or Leona Lewis made it big?

So the massively hyped support slot on Beyonce's tour turns out to be ONE date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

One is problably all she needs - she can put that on her CV!- probably preferable to travelling all around the country. After all, the lady has a husband and children to think of too.

Eyepatch wrote: »
    One is problably all she needs - she can put that on her CV!- probably preferable to travelling all around the country. After all, the lady has a husband and children to think of too.

That's not the point, it was made out to be some huge part of the prize that they were supporting Beyonce on the UK leg of her tour when in actual fact it's only one night.

Plus she's travelling around the country with The X Factor tour and if she's concerned about being away from her husband and children for too long then she's probably going into the wrong business!

So you don't think Olly Murs, JLS, Little Mix or Leona Lewis made it big?

Little mix?? Lol seriously??
    Olly murs is a part time tv presenter
    Jls had limited success
    Leona Lewis was big for about a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Seriously?? What BS!
    Jls had limited success

Little Mix have had 5 top 20 singles and 2 top 10 albums. They have won numerous awards in the past couple of years and have also been signed in America and are building popularity over there, so yeah, seriously.

Olly Murs is still touring and releasing music, has had 3 number 1 albums, that's nothing to be scoffed at.

JLS were together 5 years and had 4 top-3 albums and loads of number 1s, as well as numerous tours and product endorsements.

Leona Lewis is the show's most successful winner and has made a lot of money, and is still releasing music.

The music industry is fickle, whether you're an X Factor contestant or not. All the above mentioned artists have had, or still have, pretty successful music careers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I wouldn't be too hard on Nicholas, tbh Louis is a bit of a motormouth which is unconnected to his brain.

I've never seen a judge snub their own act like he did, never mind an act that is only just gone 17 I believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The way i look at it it might be only one slot on her world tour.But to Sam Bailey it will mean an awful lot and it will ge ther music across to some people that might not hear her.

Seriously?? What BS!

Little Mix have had 5 top 20 singles and 2 top 10 albums. They have won numerous awards in the past couple of years and have also been signed in America and are building popularity over there, so yeah, seriously.

Olly Murs is still touring and releasing music, has had 3 number 1 albums, that's nothing to be scoffed at.

JLS were together 5 years and had 4 top-3 albums and loads of number 1s, as well as numerous tours and product endorsements.

Leona Lewis is the show's most successful winner and has made a lot of money, and is still releasing music.

The music industry is fickle, whether you're an X Factor contestant or not. All the above mentioned artists have had, or still have, pretty successful music careers.

I'm sure Steve brookstein is still realising music too

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm sure Steve brookstein is still realising music too

That's a ridiculous comparison. There's no argument that the people I mentioned have had credible success from the X Factor. I'm sure in 10 years some of them won't be remembered, but you can say the same for countless artists who have had success in the music industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

dubstarr wrote: »
    The way i look at it it might be only one slot on her world tour.But to Sam Bailey it will mean an awful lot and it will ge ther music across to some people that might not hear her.

I agree, dubstarr. Just to be able to mention that you shared a stage with Beyonce - whether it be once or ten times - is massive. I think Sam Bailey has her feet planted firmly on the ground and will be able to manage her career and home life very well. I don't think she is aiming for world fame, but would like to be able to perform fairly close to home and make recordings - and earn some cash. She has had to borrow from family and friends in order to finance her stint on X-Factor. I think her family will still be high, as regards her priorities.

James Arthur was one of Justin Timberlake's support act this year in Phoenix Park

I thought the way it was being so promoted on X Factor that Sam would be supporting Beyoncé on the whole leg of her European tour at least all the UK part

Jls had limited success

Little Mix with the debut album going platinum and top 5 in the US. Just performed their new single on The X Factor USA about two weeks ago. Yes, seriously LOL LOL!!!

Olly Murs is a part time TV presenter. A part time TV presenter who has also had three multi platinum albums, and has been nominated for four Brit Awards.

JLS' success was limited to four top 5 albums and a string of top 10 singles, 6 of which went to number one.

I'm not sure which year you are referring to for Leona Lewis, because there have actually been a few where she has been "big". She's number three in the charts at the minute, setting a new chart record for having more top 5 hits to her name than any other British female solo artist in UK chart history.

There are plenty more former X Factor contestants that have been successful also. You're clearly out of touch if you think One Direction are the only ones.

Seriously do some research before you make posts like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I know the Irish Singles Chart is fifty times more meaningless than the UK one - but, as expected, Sam makes it eight years running that the X Factor winner has topped it at Christmas:

http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp (until next week's chart is released)
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/1220/494109-x-factors-bailey-is-irish-christmas-number-one/

In contrast, when she tops the UK chart on 25 December (I say "when" because there really is no competition this year), it'll be only the second year in five that the X Factor winner has done that.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I missed the final and still haven't heard the winning song yet. Usually you can't get away from the song week after the final. I think Sam has a good voice but tbh you see plenty of jobbing backing singers on tv or at concerts with the same or better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Stumbled across it today. Completely forgot about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm having dermot o leary withdrawals :(

also in other news, Sam made it to number 1 in the UK charts :D

sunbabe08 wrote: »

I was hoping this cover would make No. 1 over Sam

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I was hoping this cover would make No. 1 over Sam

Not a chance, I'm afraid.

Especially when it can't, um, hold a candle to Wizzard. :o:o:D;)

And indeed, it's all the way down at number 21.

As I said, there really was no competition this year...

sunbabe08 wrote: »

She was knocked off No. 1 spot today by Pharrell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

It's the Daily Mail, though - so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I'd obviously take it with a grain of salt, but with that being said, you have to look no further than BGT where they flew in an act because those who were trying out were ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

I knew well when they said performing with Beyonce it was gonna be one time!

Otherwise they would have said, touring with Beyonce. The show is an awful sham.

• Advertisement

I doubt any hardcore Beyoncé fans would be too thrilled to listen to Sam Bailey as a warm up act anyways

Advertisement