Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything gives you cancer

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Stop hijacking the thread

:pac:

Serious tumer of cancer bats growing in this thread! could be terminal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Sometimes radiation gives you cancer.

Sometimes radiation can cure your cancer.

Its a topsy turvy world.

Sure even too much water or oxygen will kill ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

davet82 wrote: »

*anyone who takes the piss out of my ranting thread will get cancer* ;)

*takes piss*

Aaaaaagggghhhhhhhh

It's true- OP gives you cancer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

dan1895 wrote: »
    Everything in moderation as said above and you'll be grand

That 'moderation' must be a dump of a pace.I'm glad I don't know where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Growing up I was told the Ink from Florescent highlighter pens/markers caused cancer and not to get the ink on your skin.

Also there was a scare about Washing Up Liquid and to wear rubber gloves.
    Supposedly it was OK when diluted but a cancer risk if you exposed your skin to the concentrated liquid.

Then there was the Microwave causing cancer if you were too close to it
    and your food being bad for you if its Nuked. And the mobile phones melting your brain despite men keeping them in their pockets right next to their ball sacks.

I remember a film from the late 80's or 90's that featured time travel where some blonde haired women and a fella used to travel back in time and take people from planes that were due to crash mid flight to harvest their body organs and replace the bodies with cadavers. There was an interesting twist
    to the story where the Blonde wan used to need to smoke constantly when she traveled back in the past in order to breath cos in the future the air pollution was so bad human's lungs had adapted to all the crap in the air and could no longer handle clean air...cant remember the name of the film.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is that "newspaper" you're opening the Daily Mail. If so, then yes, everything does give you cancer - http://dailymailoncology.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

When I read about the evils of <insert supposed carcinogen here>, I gave up reading

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

This thread gave me cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Everything gives you cancer. Joe Jackson said so back in the 1980's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oDAkmfoAgA

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you could avoid things that give you cancer

like oxygen www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6646012

then avoid bananas because they contain radioactive potassium
    once you've done that it's time to remove the potassium from inside your cells too.

'tis best to avoid cosmic rays , living down the bottom of a salt mine might help except for the 'ol radium or potassium or whatnot in the rocks

or you could just accept that while the universe is trying to kill you it hasn't gone into full exploding neutron star mode yet

or go backpacking in Oz where they have swimming knives and you won't have to worry about living long enough to get cancer

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Rhythm gives you serious cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

this just in... life causes death!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

davet82 wrote: »
    cancer gives you cancer..

This is pretty well documented in fairness

Advertisement