Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Lone Stone wrote: »
    so am i missing something or is their no character creator ?

No character appearance choice other than your sex. You can edit stats and abilities after the initial dream sequence

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

How on Earth did this release date sneak up on me??? I could have sworn even just a few weeks ago I did a check and it still just said 2017. I know what I'm playing tonight!

Overwatch.

Because I'm addicted, but after that I am playing Torment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I like crpg's, I grew up on them and i cant get into this. 3 hours of text and one tutorial fight, not even dramatising that. honestly. I'd have preferred to buy the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I like crpg's, I grew up on them and i cant get into this. 3 hours of text and one tutorial fight, not even dramatising that. honestly. I'd have preferred to buy the book.

yea im sort of the same at the moment, its a lot of reading. And i loved pillars and tyranny etc even the original torment so eh yeah not to keen on it so far looks like but your basically at a text selection window the whole time and so far no npcs have had portraits except for me so it got a bit confusing trying to remember who was who.

I am enjoying it so far. I really hope there isn't too much of this whole "Here is a vision from another life, what choices do/did you make" stuff, because I really burned out on all of that in Pillars of Eternity.

I've also decided that visions are a really shitty, lazy writing technique. You want to shove some information at the player: I know, visions.

Anyway, how do I tell how long fettles last? Doesn't seem to give me any info.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    I am enjoying it so far. I really hope there isn't too much of this whole "Here is a vision from another life, what choices do/did you make" stuff, because I really burned out on all of that in Pillars of Eternity.

I've also decided that visions are a really shitty, lazy writing technique. You want to shove some information at the player: I know, visions.

Anyway, how do I tell how long fettles last? Doesn't seem to give me any info.

Don't fettles last until next rest? I'm 3 hours playing according to steam and im still in the main city which i think is called Sagus. There is soooooo much dialogue and NPCs to talk to, and to my surprise i have yet to get bored of it but i should stop talking to every single NPC in each map.I have a party of 4 and have engaged in no combat outside of the tutorial. But the conversations are holding my attention so far, maybe because my character has 2 conversation based skills and 1 combat skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i decided to hold off till they do a few patches heard a lot of bugs and auto save issues so il wait a while. Till then i shall hold in my steam library like a fine woman i shall await to undress it with my mind.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i decided to hold off till they do a few patches heard a lot of bugs and auto save issues so il wait a while. Till then i shall hold in my steam library like a fine woman i shall await to undress it with my mind.

After my post above i started up the game and went in the direction of the first quest i got in the game rather than wandering around the city. It was an area where i had to engage in combat and i encountered 3 bugs in the space of 15-20mins of play! My character died and i was reborn in the underbelly. A weird game mechanic but i tried to load the save that i made after my first combat event, it was gone. No save. Only the autosave from entering the area.

So rather than reload i took my wounded party back to the area to find the corpses of the enemies i had killed where floating around as if they where alive but in a dead state :confused: Then i got into a fight with the ones who had killed me only to die again as my team where severely wounded and 2 of the 4 party members couldn't even damage my foe because his armor rating was too high! The first quest i got in the game!

Anyway i died again and was put back into the "This is your mind" area only this time i was in combat and couldn't move or end my turn :mad: My enjoyment of the game ruined within the space of 15minutes :( Also gonna put this on a the backburner and play it in a month or five

I've run into no bugs whatsoever thankfully.

I am really enjoying it. I've had plenty of combat. I was worried during the first couple of hours that it really would be a talking simulator but thankfully there's a decent amount of action to.

So....many....people to talk to, though. A lot of it has been really interesting but trying to do a quest is like that Malcolm in the Middle gif.

t0XHtgJ.gif

Writing is much better than Pillars of Eternity, thankfully. Far less repetition, not nearly as needlessly wordy.

Seeing a lot of complaints about it being dialogue heavy. Now, I've yet to play planescape or this game for that matter but isn't the whole selling point of the series is that it's all about the dialogue?

• Advertisement

Seeing a lot of complaints about it being dialogue heavy. Now, I've yet to play planescape or this game for that matter but isn't the whole selling point of the series is that it's all about the dialogue?

Yes and no. You want interesting dialogue that is relevant to the story and characters; you don't want much irrelevant stuff. Sometimes there are people to talk to whom you get very little of relevance out of. Most of it is good though, and it's far less tiresome than PoE.

It's also about balance. You want story and conversation but fights are fun too. The early part of the game is low on fights and very high on dialogue. It got more interesting for me after the first couple of hours and there was a better balance.

ah, i see. would you recommend playing Planescape before this, or does it really matter?

They are completely unrelated aside from theme, so whichever order you like. Planescape is very dated now, and was extremely hard to get into even back in the day (the first half hour is actually horrible and you just have to soldier through it), so you might find it quite the challenge attention span wise. Definitely worth it if you can get past that though.

So far I still think Planescape is the better game, adjusting for era production values.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So I just left Sagus Cliffs and have entered the tomb of the last Castoff. How long do I have left in the game?

Advertisement