Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Origin of Specious Nonsense. Twelve years on. Still going. Answer soon.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

J C wrote: »
    Salvation is entirely Free !!!
    ... all you need to do is to ask Jesus ... and you will be Saved.:cool:

Worth a try, I suppose:

Jesus, will you please save us from wilfully clueless posters?

Fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

mackerski wrote: »
    Worth a try, I suppose:

Fingers crossed...
    You need to ask Jesus to Save you from the eternal consequences of sin ... and mean it.

... no need to cross your fingers ... you will certainly be Saved if you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

mackerski wrote: »
    Worth a try, I suppose:

Fingers crossed...

J C has said before that the holy spirit tells him how to answer science. Based on that, Jesus is easily the most clueless simpleton who ever lived. Watch as he fails completely to provide J C with anything close to a rational response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

... and you're over here (and there) too!!!:)

I blame easy travel between worldviews for this ... what's your excuse?:D

... whatever!!! ... they're able to refute your arguments ... without any substantive rebuttal from you ... just unsubstantiated personal remarks about 'lying and BS'.:eek:

Seriously? You think the Himalayas are less than 20,000 years old and think the great flood happened. All with zero geological evidence at all to prove it.

There's no evidence because both statements are fiction.

Told you before I'm not going to waste my time dealing with your pseudoscience.

Sarky wrote: »
    J C has said before that the holy spirit tells him how to answer science. Based on that, Jesus is easily the most clueless simpleton who ever lived. Watch as he fails completely to provide J C with anything close to a rational response.
    Mackerski's question was a theological one ... on Salvation.

... and my answers (on science or theology) haven't been proven to be incorrect yet ... despite much 'wailing and gnashing of teeth' on the part of my adversaries.:eek::)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

... and my answers (on science or theology) haven't been proven to be incorrect yet ... despite much 'wailing and gnashing of teeth' on the part of my adversaries.:eek::)

Definitely a python script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

... and my answers (on science or theology) htaven't been proven to be incorrect yet ... despite much 'wailing and gnashing of teeth' on the part of my adversaries.:eek::)

There is no god, we are all the byproduct of a unicorns fart, it followed through and we are what came out. Please feel free to prove me incorrect.

[-0-] wrote: »
    Definitely a python script.
    The 'Life of Brian' ... shows up aspects of all religions and indeed irreligions ... I particularly relate to the guy who said that he wasn't an individual ... when he was the only one who was behaving as an individual.

I often feel just like him when faced with both religionists and irreligionists who unite against me ... and think that they are the ones who aren't engaged in 'group think' ... and insist on telling me that I'm 'brainwashed' ... presumably by myself!! :eek:

bumper234 wrote: »
    There is no god, we are all the byproduct of a unicorns fart, it followed through and we are what came out. Please feel free to prove me incorrect.
    A better summary of Abiogenesis/Evolution by an Evolutionist ... you couldn't get ... can I quote you on that?:)

You just couldn't make it up!!!:):D

A better summary of Materialistic Evolution by an Evolutionist ... you couldn't get ... can I quote you on that?:)

No you can't. Why are you making fun of my unicorn god? Is my god less important or real than yours?

• Advertisement

No you can't. Why are you making fun of my unicorn god? Is my god less important or real than yours?
    Why can't I quote you?
    ... are you not proud of your belief in the power of a Unicorn's fart?

... your 'god' is certainly a lot smellier than mine.:)

Why can't I quote you?
    ... are you not proud of your belief in the power of a Unicorn's fart?

... your 'god' is certainly a lot smellier than mine.:)

So you are intolerant of other people beliefs? Why won't you answer my question? What makes your god more "real" or more important than mine?

Oh, there was a great little period where J C actually thought I was a high priest in the Esoteric Order of Dagon. Y'know, the completely fictional Lovecraftian cult that nobody with a shred of sense would think is a real thing.

Oh, there was a great little period where J C actually thought I was a high priest in the Esoteric Order of Dagon. Y'know, the completely fictional Lovecraftian cult that nobody with a shred of sense would think is a real thing.

You just made orange juice snarf out of my nose....or did "God" do it??? :confused:

Was the orange juice complex, functional and/or specified? Do you believe ON Jeebubs as opposed to merely believing IN him, which is apparently just not good enough? Do you get these odd flights of fancy where it can't be YOU, it must be everyone else in the world is wrong?

Was the orange juice complex, functional and/or specified? Do you believe ON Jeebubs as opposed to merely believing IN him, which is apparently just not good enough? Do you get these odd flights of fancy where it can't be YOU, it must be everyone else in the world is wrong?

Surprisingly I do but it's usually after several beers, many times I have been told I am too drunk to drive/get into a club/have any more beer but they have always been wrong. Maybe that's what creationism is like.......perpetual intoxication to the point where facts become irrelevant.

So you are intolerant of other people beliefs? Why won't you answer my question? What makes your god more "real" or more important than mine?
    I'm not in the least intolerant of other beliefs ... a farting Unicorn is objectivley likely to be smelly ... unless you are saying that it 'excretes' chocolate!!!:D

My God is the Creator of all things ... including all persons, who believe that farting Unicorns produced life.;):p

... all part of the diversity of multi-culturism, I'm sure.:)

... you mean like the guy who disagreed with the crowd in this clip?

Every time I see Atheists jumping in over themselves to record their thanks for some other Atheist's contribuition, I'm reminded of the above crowd that 'Brian' was trying to convince to think for themselves!!!:D:)

Surprisingly I do but it's usually after several beers, many times I have been told I am too drunk to drive/get into a club/have any more beer but they have always been wrong. Maybe that's what creationism is like.......perpetual intoxication to the point where facts become irrelevant.
    You seem to be very self-willed ... and not in a good way, if you insist on driving when drunk.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

...I'm reminded of the above crowd that 'Brian' was trying to convince to think for themselves!!!:D:)

Bizarre in the extreme!

You're somebody who thinks the bible is literally true and we're the ones who have difficulty thinking for ourselves? You are so profoundly brainwashed you can't see anything outside your worldview. Your level of delusion is deep.

And dangerous.

• Advertisement

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Bizarre in the extreme!

You're somebody who thinks the bible is literally true and we're the ones who have difficulty thinking for ourselves?
    Strange ... but apparently true ... if the posting pattern on this thread is anything to go by. For example, you guys jump in with thanks and respond mantra-like to every suggestion of me being wrong and you guys being right ... like the crowd in the video clip.
    Pherekydes wrote: »
    You are so profoundly brainwashed you can't see anything outside your worldview. Your level of delusion is deep.

And dangerous.
    ... and I could 'return the compliment' by saying the exact same thing about you ... so where does this get us?

... as for your sinister suggestion that being a Christian is somehow 'dangerous' ... do you really think that Christians are going to love you to the point of injury??:eek:
    ... I've heard of 'tough love' ... but this is ridiculous.

I'm not in the least intolerant of other beliefs ... a farting Unicorn is objectivley likely to be smelly ... unless you are saying that it 'excretes' chocolate!!!:D

My God is the Creator of all things ... including all persons, who believe that farting Unicorns produced life.;):p

... all part of the diversity of multi-culturism, I'm sure.:)

Nope his farts smell of love and guidance, my unicorn god is the true god and your god (along with all of the universe's and galaxies and everything in them including you and me) came out of my gods ass.

You seem to be very self-willed ... and not in a good way, if you insist on driving when drunk.:eek:

You can blame your "God" he apparently gave me the free will to do it. Fwiw I don't insist on driving when drunk I just believe I am ok to drive when drunk.

Nope his farts smell of love and guidance, my unicorn god is the true god and your god (along with all of the universe's and galaxies and everything in them including you and me) came out of my gods ass.
    You're quite entitled to your beliefs ... which sound suspiciously like the 'Big Bang' ... or should that now be the 'Big Fart'? :confused::)

I'll stick with the Creator God of the Bible ... as His Works most closely matches observed reality.

You can blame your "God" he apparently gave me the free will to do it. Fwiw I don't insist on driving when drunk I just believe I am ok to drive when drunk.
    He gave you the free-will allright ... but if you abuse it ... you won't just have God to answer to ... the Traffic Corps might also curb your free-will, if you were to act on your belief (in being OK to dive when drunk).;)

You're quite entitled to your beliefs ... which sound suspiciously like the 'Big Bang' ... or should that now be Fart!!!:confused::)

I'll stick with the Creator God of the Bible ... as His Works most closely matches observed reality.

Yeah you stick with your fairy tale and don't forget the old fingers in the ears while shouting LALALALALALALALALA when a difficult question comes along ;)

Yeah you stick with your fairy tale and don't forget the old fingers in the ears while shouting LALALALALALALALALA when a difficult question comes along ;)
    ... I'm still waiting for such a question to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Ha, I remember that. It resulted in a hilarious exchange of posts. Might try to dig those out again for a laugh.

MrP

MrPudding wrote: »
    Ha, I remember that. It resulted in a hilarious exchange of posts. Might try to dig those out again for a laugh.

MrP
    There is a private 'Order of Dagon' forum on Boards ... I guess it's a case of life imitating art ... or perhaps it's the other way around

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51412609&postcount=1

... its a bit of a laugh allright!!!:)

Now that you have raised it, how does one go about posting on this private forum? ... and are there totally private forums on the Boards, that nobody but the members know about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

There is a private 'Order of Dagon' forum on Boards ... I guess it's a case of life imitating art ... or perhaps it's the other way around

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51412609&postcount=1

... its a bit of a laugh allright!!!:)

Now that you have raised it, how does one go about posting on this private forum? ... and are there totally private forums on the Boards, that nobody but the members know about?
    JC, your type could not get access to they forum. Can you not appreciate the risk it would pose to the order if you were to become aware of the plans and the rituals? We might worship a dark lord, but we aren't stupid.

MrP

Advertisement