Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Origin of Specious Nonsense. Twelve years on. Still going. Answer soon.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

What is an irreligionist and irreligion to you?
    I want the state to support education without supporting the pissing contest of whos religion is right and others having to live by the rules of someone else's religion. We can either support all religions equally or support none. By supporting none people are free to practice their religion as they please outside of the school so the students can focus on learning.

If you want religion to be supported then you have to accept that religions like Scientology, Islam and Jehovah's Witness will also be supported.
    ... these can be supported, if they decide to set up schools (either individually of together) that support their religious beliefs.
    Equally, if irreligous people want to promote their irreligion in school they should clearly state that they're doing so ... and let parents 'vote with their feet' on which school they will send their children to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

J C wrote: »
    ... these can be supported, if they decide to set up schools (either individually of together) that support their religious beliefs.
    Equally, if irreligous people want to promote their irreligion in school they should clearly state that they're doing so ... and let parents 'vote with their feet' on which school they will send their children to.
    By 'irreligion' do you mean 'scientific fact'?

So science should also be taught in religious classes?
    ... Irreligious ideas could certainly be taught in religion class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

So 5 small schools in an area instead of one large school or should everyone split up and take over different parts of the country where the minorities are prosecuted? It worked well in Northern Ireland.

We could just have everyone going to the same schools that are ET style but then theres the risk of the kids talking to non believers and they might start questioning things.

By 'irreligion' do you mean 'scientific fact'?
    I mean anti-religion ... and in many cases anti-God and anti-Christ.

• Advertisement

So 5 small schools in an area instead of one large school or should everyone split up and take over different parts of the country where the minorities are prosecuted? It worked well in Northern Ireland.

We could just have everyone going to the same schools that are ET style but then theres the risk of the kids talking to non believers and they might start questioning things.
    I have no problem with whatever the model of school is ... and I have no problem with non-believer ideas being presented to Christian children as long as the non-believers have no problem with Christian ideas being presented to their children.
    ... and the antireligious carry-on and anti-christian name calling engaged in on this thread doesn't give me much confidence that anti-theists will have no problem with Christian ideas being presented to their children ... or even to Christian children in the presence of their children ... or ultimately, even to Christian children at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I have no problem with whatever the model of school is ... and I have no problem with non-believer ideas being presented to Christian children as long as the non-believers have no problem with Christian ideas being presented to their children.
    ... and the antireligious carry-on and anti-christian name calling engaged in on this thread doesn't give me much confidence that anti-theists will have no problem with Christian ideas being presented to their children ... or even to Christian children in the presence of their children ... or ultimately even to Christian children at all.

So you dont have any issues with Islam, Scientology and Jehovah's Witness ideas being taught to the Christian children either as long as we also tell them they are wrong. Birthdays will be confusing "happy birthday to Robert! But we can't talk about it because the Jehovah's Witnesses dont celebrate it, now everyone pick up stones to throw at the non believer except for the Christians who should be showing kindness, instead they can discuss how his two daddies are going to hell, the filthy sodomites. LUCY! Get the hell over to the girls side of the classroom, you'll offend the Muslim children. Lets remember that none of this is actually real, isn't that right Phil the atheist."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I certainly don't think it is morally correct to lie to anybody ...

And yet here you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Sarky wrote: »
    And yet here you are.

kekeke. [:

I'm beginning to think JC is a hilariously written python script which looks up this huge creationist DB and spouts specially crafted responses from it, based on whatever scientific argument we propose. Because he clearly hasn't even bothered to read our responses to whatever he has spouted on here, and has continued to use the same response ad nauseam.

He also ignores our responses which completely destroy his point of view.

Best.Python.Script.Ever

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

More like a Monty Python script by times... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

smacl wrote: »
    More like a Monty Python script by times... ;)

Python's name is derived from Monty Python. So I presume that was part of [-0-]'s quip. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

... its a big problem for the theory of Evolution, which claims that in the 26 million or so supposed generations of mammalian evolution that a rat-like creature evolved into a Human ... yet over the same number of generations, in a thousand years ... bacteria are still 'muching about' in the dirt ... as bacteria.
    ... thereby providing evidence of stasis/oscillation within Kinds rather than evolution out of them.

Oh, JC, do I really have to explain this again? Couldn't you at least have read the last thread where I explained this already.

Anyway, it is not a big problem for evolution that bacteria are still bacteria. It would be if they weren't. One of the principles which qualifies as a law of evolution is what Ernst Mayr referred to as Darwin's 2nd Law of Common Ancestry or the principle of monophyly. To put it simply, you can't outgrow your ancestry.
    We are animals. We are members of the kingdom Animalia. This means that we survive by digesting other cellular material. So no matter how much our morphology changes, this characteristic still holds. You seem to have a really awful understanding of systematics if you can make such a dumbass statement as the one above.

This is our current system of hierarchical classification:

230px-Biological_classification_L_Pengo_vflip.svg.png

Bacteria are a domain, one of three along with Archaea and Eukaryota. So saying that humans evolved from rat-like mammals and then comparing that to bacteria is a complete non-sequitur. Oh and bacteria is not a kind either. Not even the wildest fevered ranting of internet creationists has claimed that any kind represents anything above the level of family.

By the way, this is a simple cladogram of the domain Bacteria. Maybe, JC, you can point out at which point on this diagram you expect bacteria to suddenly magically transform into something else.

EUBACTERIA-CLADOGRAM-OUR-SYSTEM.jpg

It's an accepted biological fact that late motherhood is higher risk for both the mother and the child ... while late fatherhood carries none of these risks.
    ... although, speaking personally, I'd have no great desire to be still changing dirty nappies at 50 TBH!!!:)

Once again, you're wrong. You must have an addiction to humiliation JC.

Anyway, for the record, late fatherhood does indeed carry some significant risks. It has been associated with conditions such as:

Down's syndrome

The influence of paternal age on Down's syndrome

Autism

Perinatal factors and the development of autism: a population study

Schizophrenia

Advancing paternal age and the risk of schizophrenia

Bipolar disorder

Advancing paternal age and bipolar disorder

oldrnwisr wrote: »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who suspects it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

And still they gazed,and still the wonder grew
    that one small head could carry all he knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Oo0H, Oo0.... ^^^ This is only funny till someone else thanks the two posts above. Mark, you have only added to the fun with the H, but I'm needing an H on the other one mate...... cheers.

Well, I'm amused anyway :D

Edit: DAMMIT. Some might call it divine retribution that I have got 1st post on next page and this makes no sense any more.

Ignore, nothing to see. Carry on....(embarrassed face that doesn't work in 'edit')

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bookworm85

Oh, JC, do I really have to explain this again? Couldn't you at least have read the last thread where I explained this already.

Anyway, it is not a big problem for evolution that bacteria are still bacteria. It would be if they weren't. One of the principles which qualifies as a law of evolution is what Ernst Mayr referred to as Darwin's 2nd Law of Common Ancestry or the principle of monophyly. To put it simply, you can't outgrow your ancestry.
    We are animals. We are members of the kingdom Animalia. This means that we survive by digesting other cellular material. So no matter how much our morphology changes, this characteristic still holds. You seem to have a really awful understanding of systematics if you can make such a dumbass statement as the one above.

This is our current system of hierarchical classification:...

I didn't think it was possible to fall in love with a complete stranger over the internet, but I would marry the sh!t out of you based on your posts alone! Is there ANYTHING you aren't knowledgeable about?

But seriously, I'm in serious awe of your brain-power and I am super jealous, everytime I come here to pick up on this thread, I've learned something new from you :) Thanks man! No, seriously....thank you :)

Sounds suspiciously like 'evolution' within Kinds using pre-existing (ancestral) genetic information ... which is a Creation Science hypothesis that fits current observations on this issue!!!
    Outgrowing your ancestry is precisely what would have had to have happened if single celled pondslime were to eventually transition into man over millions of generations and millions of years ... but then we all know that outgrowing your ancestry is an impossibility ... without an external infusion of CFSI ... and only the Theistic Evolutionists believe that this occurred!!!
    ... something we both can agree on oldrnwiser, (for very different reasons), I guess.

This is our current system of hierarchical classification:

230px-Biological_classification_L_Pengo_vflip.svg.png

Bacteria are a domain, one of three along with Archaea and Eukaryota. So saying that humans evolved from rat-like mammals and then comparing that to bacteria is a complete non-sequitur.
    ... so out goes the idea of single celled life akin to bacteria spontaneously evolving into multicellular creatures ... and eventually into Man.
    That's progress!!!
    Oh and bacteria is not a kind either. Not even the wildest fevered ranting of internet creationists has claimed that any kind represents anything above the level of family.

By the way, this is a simple cladogram of the domain Bacteria. Maybe, JC, you can point out at which point on this diagram you expect bacteria to suddenly magically transform into something else.

EUBACTERIA-CLADOGRAM-OUR-SYSTEM.jpg
    I don't claim that such a transformation is possible at all ... Creation Scientists actually deny that such tranformations are possible ... it's you guys who claim that we are all descended from pondslime over billions of years ... when, as you have said yourself, such transitions are impossibilities.

Anyway, for the record, late fatherhood does indeed carry some significant risks. It has been associated with conditions such as:

Down's syndrome

The influence of paternal age on Down's syndrome

Autism

Perinatal factors and the development of autism: a population study

Schizophrenia

Advancing paternal age and the risk of schizophrenia

Bipolar disorder

Advancing paternal age and bipolar disorder
    Interesting papers ... and interesting conclusions in relation to late fatherhood ... that I hadn't seen before.
    Thanks for linking to the papers for us oldrnwiser.

These papers are reversing the conclusions of previous papers on the subject, such as this one, which found no negative links with increasing paternal age.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6449148
    ... and this one has even found a positve link in terms of longevity
    http://sciencenetlinks.com/science-news/science-updates/grandfathers-and-telomeres/

For purely lifestyle reasons, fatherhood is a young man's game ...
    ... and now, by the looks of things, there are significant minuses as well as some pluses to late fatherhood, from a genetic point of view.
    Background mutagenesis makes eggs 'sitting ducks' for mutation accumulation with age ... but equally, the only thing holding back the effect of background mutagenesis during the multiple divisions that occur with sperm production is the genetic autocorrection systems ... and research is clearly showing that, in some cases, they are not be able to perfectly restrain the effects of mutagenesis as fathers age ... thereby making it a good idea to get all your reproduction completed by the time you're 40 ... whether you're a man or a woman!!!

Such back-pedalling. It could generate enough power to keep Dublin going if we just hooked you up to a dynamo and read out all the times you've put your foot in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Such back-pedalling. It could generate enough power to keep Dublin going if we just hooked you up to a dynamo and read out all the times you've put your foot in it.

Can't remember where but apparently Dublin consumes about 20TW/hr each year. JC would need to stick his foot in and out at incredible pace to produce that amount of power!:p
    It's probably more likely that his leg would combust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Sounds suspiciously like 'evolution' within Kinds using pre-existing (ancestral) genetic information ... which is a Creation Science hypothesis that fits current observations on this issue!!!
    Outgrowing your ancestry is precisely what would have had to have happened if single celled pondslime were to eventually transition into man over millions of generations and millions of years ... but then we all know that outgrowing your ancestry is an impossibility ... without an external infusion of CFSI ... and only the Theistic Evolutionists believe that this occurred!!!
    ... something we both can agree on oldrnwiser, (for very different reasons), I guess.

... so out goes the idea of single celled life akin to bacteria spontaneously evolving into multicellular creatures ... and eventually into Man.
    That's progress!!!

I don't claim that such a transformation is possible at all ... Creation Scientists actually deny that such tranformations are possible ... it's you guys who claim that we are all descended from pondslime over billions of years ... when, as you have said yourself, such transitions are impossibilities.

Ugh, CFSI? Again? Really?

Okay, once more for the remedial section of the class.

I have previously explained to JC the history of human cladistics from chordata to homo sapiens. Anyone interested can see the original post here.

What JC still fails to comprehend about our evolutionary history is this idea of monophyly. Evolution states that any daughter group will retain the characteristics of its parent clade.
    For example, about 300 mya the environment on Earth experienced a period of fairly rapid change. This caused a number of developments in the biosphere. In particular around this time, the clade tetrapoda diverged to create two groups, amphibia and amniota. The difference between the two rests on the development of a membrane in amniota which protects the developing embryo. In some descendant species this membrane calcified and became an egg (reptiles, birds etc.) whereas in eutherian mammals this membrane became the amniotic sac which protects the embryo during pregnancy. Therefore all descendant branches of amniota have developed and will continue to develop in this way. It is not possible under current evolutionary theory for a human to suddenly gestate a child in the way that a frog does.
    Similarly if we go back even further through time, we can see a similar pattern. Around 550 million years ago, the clade Bilateria (all creatures who are bilaterally symmetrical) diverged to create two superphyla: Protostomia and Deuterostomia (to which we belong). The difference between the two lies again in embryonic development.

Protovsdeuterostomes_alt.jpg

In deuterostomes, the anal opening of the blastopore (what will eventually become the alimentary canal) opens before the mouth. In Protostomia this is the other way around.

Therefore when we look at the cladogram of Bilateria:

6800664f1.gif

we can see that all descendant branches of deuterostomia retained this defining characteristic while none of the descendant branches of protostomia do, with no exceptions on either side.
    You see this is where creationism breaks down. If indeed we were all specially created then maybe fish could suckle their young and humans could lay eggs, something that wouldn't only indicate a single common ancestry for all eukaryotic life, both genetically and morphologically.

Getting back to JC's notion about bacteria still being bacteria. As I have shown above, all descendant branches continue to retain the characteristics of their parent clade. This extends all the way back to the level of domain. We are all eukaryotes meaning that all of our cells are initially nucleic. However at the base of the tree of life there are three domains which I mentioned previously: Bacteria, Archaea and Eukaryota. Prior to the divergence of these three domains, there was a point when natural selection as we understand it (i.e. descent with modification) was not yet occurring. Instead there was a horizontal gene transfer as we see in modern bacteria with the development of drug resistance. We did indeed evolve from an organism which could be classed as a bacteria but through a process known as endosymbiosis.

endosymbiosis.gif

Both plants and animals developed in this fashion with the divergence between the two shown here:

endosymbiosisnice2.jpg

Endosymbiotic theory is well supported by evidence including:

"
    • New mitochondria and plastids are formed only through a process similar to binary fission.
    • In some algae, such as Euglena, the plastids can be destroyed by certain chemicals or prolonged absence of light without otherwise affecting the cell. In such a case, the plastids will not regenerate. This shows that the plastid regeneration relies on an extracellular source, such as from cell division or endosymbiosis.
    • Transport proteins called porins are found in the outer membranes of mitochondria and chloroplasts, are also found in bacterial cell membrane.
    • A membrane lipid cardiolipin is exclusively found in the inner mitochondrial membrane and bacterial cell membrane."
    Once the domain Eukaryota was established then descent with modification became the primary method of gene transfer and while we still see observed instances of horizontal gene transfer today, natural selection (for the moment) remains the dominant method.

At no point does anything JC has posted present any challenge for evolutionary theory. Hell most of the time he doesn't even make much sense. Regardless, if JC were to be correct and natural selection cannot explain the diversity of life then there should be a point in our ancestry where everything alive today is not obviously related to everything else. Is there such a point JC? Can you actually demonstrate scientific evidence to show that there are discrete boundaries where no relationship can be shown between sister clades. I'm sure we'd all love to see it.

• Advertisement

I can't win ... when I take on board some new valid scientific information I'm accused of 'back-pedalling' ... even though that's what scientists are supposed to do.
    ... and when I reject the latest musings with which Evolutionists confuse themselves with ... I'm criticised for not taking their musings on board!!!:eek::)

Ugh, CFSI? Again? Really?

Okay, once more for the remedial section of the class.

I have previously explained to JC the history of human cladistics from chordata to homo sapiens. Anyone interested can see the original post here.

What JC still fails to comprehend about our evolutionary history is this idea of monophyly. Evolution states that any daughter group will retain the characteristics of its parent clade.
    ... so we're expected to believe that the mega changes necessary to produce a Human Being from a worm happened ... yet no change occurred in the order in which the anal opening of the blastopore opens when compared with the mouth!!!
    Funny thing that Evolution is so impotent to make very basic simple small changes ... yet it can supposedly make massive complex changes, 'at the drop of a hat'.

For example, about 300 mya the environment on Earth experienced a period of fairly rapid change. This caused a number of developments in the biosphere. In particular around this time, the clade tetrapoda diverged to create two groups, amphibia and amniota. The difference between the two rests on the development of a membrane in amniota which protects the developing embryo. In some descendant species this membrane calcified and became an egg (reptiles, birds etc.) whereas in eutherian mammals this membrane became the amniotic sac which protects the embryo during pregnancy. Therefore all descendant branches of amniota have developed and will continue to develop in this way. It is not possible under current evolutionary theory for a human to suddenly gestate a child in the way that a frog does.
    Similarly if we go back even further through time, we can see a similar pattern. Around 550 million years ago, the clade Bilateria (all creatures who are bilaterally symmetrical) diverged to create two superphyla: Protostomia and Deuterostomia (to which we belong). The difference between the two lies again in embryonic development.

Protovsdeuterostomes_alt.jpg

In deuterostomes, the anal opening of the blastopore (what will eventually become the alimentary canal) opens before the mouth. In Protostomia this is the other way around.

Therefore when we look at the cladogram of Bilateria:

6800664f1.gif

we can see that all descendant branches of deuterostomia retained this defining characteristic while none of the descendant branches of protostomia do, with no exceptions on either side.
    A much more plausible explanation is that no fundamental change has occurred to organisms since their Creation ... and that is why each Kind has reproduced according to it's Kind ... and even simple phenomena like the order of the blastopore's development in different Kinds remains fixed.

You see this is where creationism breaks down. If indeed we were all specially created then maybe fish could suckle their young and humans could lay eggs, something that wouldn't only indicate a single common ancestry for all eukaryotic life, both genetically and morphologically.
    The fact that fish never suckle their young and Humans don't lay eggs is proof that they are both directly created organisms not descended from a common ancestor.
    Getting back to JC's notion about bacteria still being bacteria. As I have shown above, all descendant branches continue to retain the characteristics of their parent clade. This extends all the way back to the level of domain. We are all eukaryotes meaning that all of our cells are initially nucleic.
    Like I have said, such stasis of basic characteristics is indicative of Direct Creation ... and it provides proof of the invalidity of Evolution i.e. fundamental change of organisms required to 'evolve' pondkind to Mankind is impossible.
    The stasis observed within Kinds is strongly indicative of their Intelligent Creation ... rather than being produced via arbitrary changing Evolution.

However at the base of the tree of life there are three domains which I mentioned previously: Bacteria, Archaea and Eukaryota. Prior to the divergence of these three domains, there was a point when natural selection as we understand it (i.e. descent with modification) was not yet occurring. Instead there was a horizontal gene transfer as we see in modern bacteria with the development of drug resistance. We did indeed evolve from an organism which could be classed as a bacteria but through a process known as endosymbiosis.

endosymbiosis.gif

Both plants and animals developed in this fashion with the divergence between the two shown here:

endosymbiosisnice2.jpg

Endosymbiotic theory is well supported by evidence including:

"
    • New mitochondria and plastids are formed only through a process similar to binary fission.
    • In some algae, such as Euglena, the plastids can be destroyed by certain chemicals or prolonged absence of light without otherwise affecting the cell. In such a case, the plastids will not regenerate. This shows that the plastid regeneration relies on an extracellular source, such as from cell division or endosymbiosis.
    • Transport proteins called porins are found in the outer membranes of mitochondria and chloroplasts, are also found in bacterial cell membrane.
    • A membrane lipid cardiolipin is exclusively found in the inner mitochondrial membrane and bacterial cell membrane."
    Once the domain Eukaryota was established then descent with modification became the primary method of gene transfer and while we still see observed instances of horizontal gene transfer today, natural selection (for the moment) remains the dominant method.
    All of these systems operate in tight co-ordination and complex functional interactions that are indicative of the creative overview that only intelligent design is capable of.

At no point does anything JC has posted present any challenge for evolutionary theory. Hell most of the time he doesn't even make much sense. Regardless, if JC were to be correct and natural selection cannot explain the diversity of life then there should be a point in our ancestry where everything alive today is not obviously related to everything else. Is there such a point JC? Can you actually demonstrate scientific evidence to show that there are discrete boundaries where no relationship can be shown between sister clades. I'm sure we'd all love to see it.
    Common characteristics are indicative of a common Creator.
    ... and the biggest problem for Materiaistic Evolution isn't NS (which is a demonstrable fact) ... it is the identity of the non-intelligently directed mechanism that supposedly produced the genetic information from which NS selects.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

... so we're expected to believe that the mega changes necessary to produce a Human Being from a worm happened
    I just *love* this creationist error, perhaps -- with much competition -- one of its most simple-minded: the belief that an organism can change a little (and only for the worst) by random genetic change, but it can never change a lot.

It's equivalent to accepting that somebody could walk down to the shops, but no matter how long they continued walking, they could never walk to the next town.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,395 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Here's a suggestion J C - try accepting that observable scientific fact is always going to win against arguments based upon increasingly bizarre interpretations of an ancient book.

Creationism and your arguments here based upon it have no credibility because you can literally make up anything in an attempt to explain away the obvious defects.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 EdgarFriendly

It's futile trying to imagine every single mutation that occurred to drawn a line from simple life to homo sapiens. You can highlight major transitions above the species level in the fossil record, but it doesn't matter because we have comparative DNA analysis to confirm shared ancestry.

Phylogenetics is the most clear-cut, evidential field confirming that evolution is a fact and that every single living thing on earth shares a common ancestor. Please, get over your silly creationist myths.

I can't win ... when I take on board some new valid scientific information I'm accused of 'back-pedalling' ... even though that's what scientists are supposed to do.
    ... and when I reject the latest musings with which Evolutionists confuse themselves with ... I'm criticised for not taking their musings on board!!!:eek::)

... and then in your next post you demonstrate your complete failure to take any valid information in board. Really, J C, you could at least pretend you're interested in learning from your mistakes.

robindch wrote: »
    I just *love* this creationist error, perhaps -- with much competition -- one of its most simple-minded: the belief that an organism can change a little (and only for the worst) by random genetic change, but it can never change a lot.

It's equivalent to accepting that somebody could walk down to the shops, but no matter how long they continued walking, they could never walk to the next town.
    ... please note that somebody walking down to the shops or to the next town would be equally impossible were it not for the appliance of intelligence by the person doing the walking ... and the appliance of intelligence is something that Materialistic Evolutionists don't accept as being applied at any point on the supposed 'walk' between Pondkind and Mankind.:)
    None of this is 'simple minded' ... and it adds nothing to the debate for either me or you to use such unfounded personal remarks about either side on this issue.

... and then in your next post you demonstrate your complete failure to take any valid information in board. Really, J C, you could at least pretend you're interested in learning from your mistakes.
    The key issue in all of this is how the genetic information that NS selects from came to be.
    You guys say it all was produced by accidents/mistakes AKA mutations ... and I say that it is impossible to improve/produce Complex Functional Specified Information by making random changes to exsiting Complex Functional Specified Information ... all that happens whenever this is observed to occur is that the CFSI degrades.
    Then you guys just put your fingers in your ears and dance around shouting that CFSI doesn't exist and even if it does, it cannot be defined ... even though it is defined in the very words used to describe it.:)
    ... and you then accuse me of not learning from my mistakes.
    ... pot ... kettle ... black!!:)

Oh, if only someone had linked you to a few scientific papers that show cfsi is rubbish!

Oh, hang on. We did. Dozens of times over. And you've been pretending they don't exist for years.Years, J C! Well, that'd be pretty embarrassing if I were the creationist accusing others of ignoring evidence.

We'll continue laughing at you until you can back up the nonsense idea of cfsi. So, forever, in practicality.

• Advertisement

ninja900 wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion J C - try accepting that observable scientific fact is always going to win against arguments based upon increasingly bizarre interpretations of an ancient book.
    ... and the observed scientific fact is that mutagenesis degrades genetic information ... and the argument that such degredation is a plausible mechanism to provide the increase in genetic information objectively required to 'evolve' from pondkind to mankind is never going to win ... as it is arguing that an observed impossibility occurred.
    ninja900 wrote: »
    Creationism and your arguments here based upon it have no credibility because you can literally make up anything in an attempt to explain away the obvious defects.
    Hypotheses are all 'made up' i.e. they are the best available descriptions of how a phenomenon occurs ... and they are validated by observation, experimentation and logic.
    The idea that genetic information destroying mutagenesis created the genetic information observed in living organisms isn't validated by observation, experimentation or logic.
    Only an intelligence approaching that of an omnipotent God is capapble of producing the intelligently created genetic information on the scale and complexity that is observed in living organisms.
    ... so who is actually making up stuff in an attempt to explain away the obvious defects of their 'origins' hypothesis?

Advertisement