Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has a game ever made you cry?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alactric

Cormac... wrote: »
    I feel ya bro. The best games make you genuinely sad they are over.

I said at the ending screen for an hour, couldn't believe I had to press reset. It's like I'd be losing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

When I cleared Ocarina I just started it up again immediately. I can't remember any other game I've done that for. I may very well have, but nothing springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

While I don't think I cried, I was very moved when I finally fully finished Dark Souls. My last deed was to give up Gwens soul to the Sun Alter. I remember looking back over the 100+ hours it took me to get this far, the frustration the elation the pure RAGE..... and then a peace swept over me when I realised I'd finished it (I did it!). It felt like I was leaving home almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Pushtrak wrote: »
    When I cleared Ocarina I just started it up again immediately. I can't remember any other game I've done that for. I may very well have, but nothing springs to mind.

I did as well, but it wasnt the same second time around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,996 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've always wanted to give Kartia a go. I'll promote up my list of priorities now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

When
    Mia Fey
    died so early in Ace Attorney it hurt, didn`t cry though........

ani-gumshoe-huh.gif

I think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,868 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just wanted to throw in that the Legacy of Kain series (minus Blood Omen 2) has one of the best stories, be it through the actual story, or the utterly sublime voice acting.

Just thought it was worth a mention. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,996 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It looks like Shining Force/Vandal Hearts which in my book is a very good thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Baldur's Gate had an excellent storyline, as did Planescape, Broken Sword, The Longest Journey, Dreamfall and The Walking Dead. Dragon Age was another very solid storyline.

Of them all I suppose the nod for best storyline would have to go to Planescape. I have given Baldur's Gate more replays though but that's more of a gameplay/variety based decision

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Oh and let's not forget THE LAST EXPRESS. That is a game worthy of a film, and a damned damned good one at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Yes, Jump Jet on the Atari 800xl. A ****er in Peats recommended it, I bought it and it was terrible. I tried to return it and they wouldn't have it. I cried.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Metal Gear Solid on PS1 was a bit of a tearjerker for me!

Started to feel sorry for poor oul Sniper Wolf!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great response to this thread :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

TPy7zUq.png
    Entire thread is babies!
    :pac:

Advertisement