Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

I'd love to get the Ghost edition but with that price its just madness...the limited edition is more "reasonable" but still very high. Even amazon are £97 with vat for the limited edition. Anywhere else doing it for cheaper? I'm almost finished watchdogs so could trade that in but even still gamestop are their usual overpriced selves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jones wrote: »
    I'd love to get the Ghost edition but with that price its just madness...the limited edition is more "reasonable" but still very high. Even amazon are £97 with vat for the limited edition. Anywhere else doing it for cheaper? I'm almost finished watchdogs so could trade that in but even still gamestop are their usual overpriced selves

Gamestop UK are selling the limited edition for £80 plus shipping, which makes a mockery of the €130 they are charging here. They say they won't ship to reshippers like Parcel Motel, but at that price there is no harm in trying.

It's kind of annoying though that the Irish Gamestop website will ship to the UK, but the UK website won't ship to Ireland.:mad:

Amazon Germany are also selling the limited edition for €109 and the Ghost edition for €160(sold out on PS4) plus shipping and adjustment for Irish tax rate.

Just did a trial run there on amazon germany and its coming up as €118.71 including shipping (there is no free shipping option). Still a good but cheaper than gamestop

Just checked the Australian prices which are usually astronomical.

The limited edition is aus$130 which comes in at €90.

GameStop and/or Activision really are taking the mick with the UK and Irish prices.

Also GameStop Italy are selling the Ghost edition for €160, so it is reasonably safe to say that the insane pricing is only here and the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I only want the season pass so i'm pre-ordering off the store. Gamestop prices are ridiculous!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Just checked the Australian prices which are usually astronomical.

The limited edition is aus$130 which comes in at €90.

GameStop and/or Activision really are taking the mick with the UK and Irish prices.

Also GameStop Italy are selling the Ghost edition for €160, so it is reasonably safe to say that the insane pricing is only here and the UK.

they must still think we use pounds in Ireland:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Bungie just made the platform selection for the beta of Destiny available on their official portal. And the best thing is that each code will grant you three download keys .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Klair88 wrote: »
    I only want the season pass so i'm pre-ordering off the store. Gamestop prices are ridiculous!!

Probably do the same, price dependent.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

My PS4 controller better be back from Sony repairs for the 17th! Can't wait to play this again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Bungie just made the platform selection for the beta of Destiny available on their official portal. And the best thing is that each code will grant you three download keys .

I twigged that,

Are they Platform specific?

I will be on PS4 for beta, the wee men will be on 360, can I get a 360 code after my PS4 one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

yes their platform specific sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

For people that didn't know, you can actually get the Destiny beta and pre-load it for free on PS4.

Its very straight forward - http://www.takuchat.com/pre-load-destiny-beta-free-ps4/

I'd suggest doing it since the beta is a 14GB download :eek:

Thats not a bad idea! i have it preordered with amazon but that means i can only start downloading on the 17th which on my 1.5mb line is not good

Thats not a bad idea! i have it preordered with amazon but that means i can only start downloading on the 17th which on my 1.5mb line is not good

I've a 1.5mb broadband as well so I've tried this. Had it on standby last night to download, went to check it this morning and an error occured during the night so nothing was downloaded.:(

Dam..did you cancel the order straight away or leave it?

Gamestop got back in touch about the Ghost Edition price, they insist that €220 is the RRP for Ireland.

If that is the case with the RRP being €160 for the rest of the Eurozone appears to be a pretty clear cut case of price fixing on Activisions part.

Dam..did you cancel the order straight away or leave it?
    I cancelled the pre order straight away. Once you have the 175mb playgo app downloaded, the beta downloads in the background. I've had it on standby since 12 so hopefully it has some of it downloaded.

I have it downloaded ready to go for Thursday, can only imagine the run of people trying to download it all at once...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    For people that didn't know, you can actually get the Destiny beta and pre-load it for free on PS4.

Its very straight forward - http://www.takuchat.com/pre-load-destiny-beta-free-ps4/

I'd suggest doing it since the beta is a 14GB download :eek:

Did this method today as mu download speed is like 2mb,,, but the download was only 174 mb(maybe 178) .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What time does the beta open at on thursday?

Also how do you know if the full 14gb has downloaded

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What time does the beta open at on thursday?

Also how do you know if the full 14gb has downloaded

I think its in the middle of the night our time...

Go into your settings -> System storage management->application->destiny beta and make sure 15 GB is there, if its still Downloading you should see it....

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Fieldog wrote: »
    I think its in the middle of the night our time...

Go into your settings -> System storage management->application->destiny beta and make sure 15 GB is there, if its still Downloading you should see it....

Actually it goes live around 5-6pm so it's not too bad

wexdevil wrote: »
    Actually it goes live around 5-6pm so it's not too bad

2 days, 10 hours and 36 mins.... :P

http://www.destinythegame.com/beta

So about 7am our time?

Maths was never my strong point, lol... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

So about 7am our time?

Seems like it'll be early morning alright. Thats kinda good, hopefully the initial surge will have subsided by the time i get back from work and sit down to play

Destiny Companion App Walkthrough

Can view full 3D renders of characters and weapons which can be equipped from the app. Will be available during the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

So about 7am our time?

oops I thought it went live at 10am pdt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Considering I won't be home until Friday evening, I'll just add the code to the PS4 and then add it to the downloads from there. And hopefully there's been no PS4 firmware this week as that would screw up my plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i pre ordered just there from amazon, what is the story about getting the beta key etc ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

2smiggy wrote: »
    i pre ordered just there from amazon, what is the story about getting the beta key etc ? ?

They'll email it to you in a few mins, you probably already have it by the time you read this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbob181

So I preordered destiny at GameStop there last Friday and completely forgot about the beta code. I've read they they email it to you but does anyone know what the story is? Have people here gotten their codes already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement