Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple Monitor Trading Computer

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭stocktrader

spix wrote: »
    The crucial m4 .. while good is a pretty out dated ssd. Not that there is much difference between newer ones but still. Sandisk just released a new ssd based on the marvel controller which has some new tech not seen before (all small writes are handled differently to increase lifespan etc)

http://lb.hardwareversand.de/Solid-State-Disk/73901/SanDisk+SSD+Ultra+Plus+256GB+Notebook.article The desktop and notebook ones are the same except no bracket which you probably won't need. Not sure whats with the big price difference on hardwareversand as they cost the same on other stores.

Don't mind that gino poster. He's a mate trying to derail my thread. So once I decide on the SSD everything else looks good? Wondering if that motherboard supports 2 screens?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Don't mind that gino poster. He's a mate trying to derail my thread. So once I decide on the SSD everything else looks good? Wondering if that motherboard supports 2 screens?

Thanks

Yea the cheaper Matx board supports 2 screens. One screen will need to be dvi/vga and the other hdmi. The dell u2412hm doesn't have hdmi so you might need an adapter. I don't think you can use both the vga/dvi together.

Yea the cheaper Matx board supports 2 screens. One screen will need to be dvi/vga and the other hdmi. The dell u2412hm doesn't have hdmi so you might need an adapter. I don't think you can use both the vga/dvi together.

Thanks an I'm presuming using an adapter doesn't take away from the quality?

Thanks an I'm presuming using an adapter doesn't take away from the quality?

Highly doubt it but wouldn't be certain tbh. I've heard some people say that dvi is better quality than hdmi on monitors.

As for the psu, I'd recommend this one instead

http://lb.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=51129&agid=1626&pvid=4n73e4jxp_hdct52zq&ref=13

The reviews here speak for themselves, and 0 percent return rate which is very rare. http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/info/p768609_400-Watt-be-quiet--Straight-Power-E9-Non-Modular-80--Gold.html

Highly doubt it but wouldn't be certain tbh. I've heard some people say that dvi is better quality than hdmi on monitors.

As for the psu, I'd recommend this one instead

http://lb.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=51129&agid=1626&pvid=4n73e4jxp_hdct52zq&ref=13

The reviews here speak for themselves, and 0 percent return rate which is very rare. http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/info/p768609_400-Watt-be-quiet--Straight-Power-E9-Non-Modular-80--Gold.html

Ok changed the PSU. So I have all in the basket. I'm going to wait 24 hours before putting through order incase anyone notices something wrong :)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Dual Monitor Feature
    This motherboard supports dual monitor feature. With the internal VGA output support
    (DVI-D, D-Sub and HDMI), you can easily enjoy the benefits of dual monitor
    feature without installing any add-on VGA cards to this motherboard. This motherboard
    also provides independent display controllers for DVI-D, D-Sub and HDMI
    to support dual VGA output so that DVI-D, D-Sub and HDMI can drive the same or
    different display contents.

To enable dual monitor, please follow the steps below:
    1. Connect a DVI-D monitor cable to the DVI-D port on the I/O panel, connect a D-Sub monitor cable to the D-Sub port on the I/O panel or connect a HDMI monitor cable to the HDMI port on the I/O panel.
    2. If you have already installed the onboard VGA driver from our support CD to your system, you can freely enjoy the benefits of dual monitor function after your system boots. If you haven’t installed the onboard VGA driver yet, please install the onboard VGA driver from our support CD to your system and restart your computer.
    D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI monitors cannot be enabled at the same time. You can only choose two of them.

just as way of confirmation, quoted from the B75 Pro3-M manual from asrock website. Looks like both the vga & dvi can be used at the same time (no hdmi adaptor needed). The Dell monitors, most likely come with both cables - but maybe doublecheck

Wossack wrote: »
    just as way of confirmation, quoted from the B75 Pro3-M manual from asrock website. Looks like both the vga & dvi can be used at the same time (no hdmi adaptor needed). The Dell monitors, most likely come with both cables - but maybe doublecheck

Nice find :) The dell monitors should come with dvi vga and displayport cables, I have the 23 inch version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i doubt youll get a displayport cable anyway, mine came with vga and dvi only

ok I've ordered :) thanks for all the help

any decent mouse + keyboard(wired preferably) deals?

and any recommendations on a screwdriver set or whatever I need for putting together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ok I've ordered :) thanks for all the help

any decent mouse + keyboard(wired preferably) deals?

and any recommendations on a screwdriver set or whatever I need for putting together?

Standard phillips head screwdriver will do.

• Advertisement

2 days after I placed order and no reply from hardwareversand on any emails or anything :(

Any other websites better?

2 days after I placed order and no reply from hardwareversand on any emails or anything :(

Any other websites better?

You should have got an order confirmation email right away with payment details. If you're waiting for them to reply about vat then you need to email them with the parts you want to order and supply your vat number. It will take a few days for them to reply but they do in the end.

A few pages back I listed some websites that accept vat numbers at checkout.

You should have got an order confirmation email right away with payment details. If you're waiting for them to reply about vat then you need to email them with the parts you want to order and supply your vat number. It will take a few days for them to reply but they do in the end.

A few pages back I listed some websites that accept vat numbers at checkout.

Hardwareversand very slow to reply. Transferred money and ordered 7 days ago and nothing yet :( . Normally this slow?

Hardwareversand very slow to reply. Transferred money and ordered 7 days ago and nothing yet :( . Normally this slow?

Nope, you should have got payment confirmation in 1-2 days

See this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80769850

Advertisement