Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article: "men are too willing to forget marriage vows when they are away"

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

But of course her husband would never do that.

Her husband gave the babysitter one when he came back from the pub.

Was just a horrible read, even come the end of it I was like is that it. I've seen teenagers write better on bebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Suceed wrote: »
    Remarks about her looks and intelligence, and calls to meme her picture.

Good to see online bullying is alive and well.

Are you serious? This is a rubbish story by a pretty run-of-the-mill hack. If it had been penned by a male ........ insinuating that women play around willy nilly, you no doubt, would be castigating the writer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭lockon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭HTML5!

lockon... wrote: »
    I'll leave this here

Ah well that's it then.

Some guy cheats and all men are cheaters?

Good point well made. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That does sound very put on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm pretty impressed at how on the ball they are at deleting comments. Mine was gone within 2 minutes.

Kudos Cork Indepedent commentator deleter dudes.

Why don't they just disable comments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Haha Jesus. What a tosspot. Thankfully most men aren't like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Havnt spent that much time in Cork but cant see how you would live a "Sex & the City" lifestyle there...
    I've no issue with Cork or any other county in the country. I take issue however, that someone is paying her to publically embaress herself, while trying to make a career as a columist. This outdated 'girl about town' shyte is vomit inducing, and cringe worthy writing.

That shït needs to go, and come up with some original ideas for what I assume she is trying to appeal to a twenty something audience, and lose the half-brained ideas that men are the only gender that cheats.

It's pathetic, and of course it was going to annoy people with those juvenile blinkered accusations.

One reaps what they sow, and if it is journalistic respect shes looking for shes going the wrong way about it.

I've read a few of the articles by her on that site.

She's got no future as a writer - no style, no way with words and nothing interesting to say. Clunky nonsense which I can only hope for her sake she dashes off in one go and doesn't bother to read over even once.

Here's what she had to say in the three other articles I read boiled down into one sentence:

"Chat up lines are mostly sh*t"
    http://corkindependent.com/20121206/healthbeauty/what-not-to-say-to-your-next-girlfriend-S55464.html

"Don't f*ck people you work with at the Christmas party."
    http://corkindependent.com/20121213/healthbeauty/dont-dip-your-nib-in-the-office-ink-S55933.html

"I watched Catfish on TV and don't like online dating."
    http://corkindependent.com/20130124/healthbeauty/catfish-S58158.html

Riveting stuff I'm sure you'll agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭lockon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Suceed

Are you serious? This is a rubbish story by a pretty run-of-the-mill hack. If it had been penned by a male ........ insinuating that women play around willy nilly, you no doubt, would be castigating the writer.

If I were to bother would be castigating the writing and to some extent the writer, but I wouldn't be making disparaging remarks about his looks or his intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Everybody here that has viewed the article and commented just gave this lady views. I have not read it, nor do I intend to.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Everybody here that has viewed the article and commented just gave this lady views. I have not read it, nor do I intend to.

You go girl! :pac:

Fight the power!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Wompa1 wrote: »

I couldn't get passed the first paragraph. I had looked at the thread first and thought it couldn't be that bad... I was right. It's far worse.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You go girl! :pac:

Fight the power!

Oh You! Teehee

More seriously though, my resolution last year was to no longer click on articles or sites about a-holes that don't deserve the attention. No Jedward, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Big Brother etc. Views equate to popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Some entirely real comments on the article left by genuine members of the public:

Originally posted by "Tamara"
    Great article! Look forward to read more of your work. You're my hero!
    Originally posted by "Lisa"
    Great story! Girls watch out for your men when they go away with the lads. Innocent sounding golf weekend may be anything but!
    Originally posted by "Casandra"
    Yes I must agree with this Sandra. It seems like men are less likely to stick to their vows. I worry
    other half sometimes and if he is cheating. I don't know what I'd do if he did.
    U are right when you say that trust might not even be there any more. It's hard to know what men are
    really doing when they are away on their business trips or golfing.
    Very seldom do I not wonder what my husband could be up when he is away gallivanting about with
    a bunch of other 'lads' and and what they get up to when they are alone with other women. 'Lad' culture is
    juvenile. :(
    If it makes things better for you Sandra I think that us women are more honest and less likely to have
    sex with another man while married.I do think think women wouldn't involve themselves if the knew that the
    man was married or in a relationship as so many of us fear the same thing happening to us.
    On the other hand it takes two to tango and when infidelity occurs it does involve another party, but it is
    usually carried out under the pretence that both parties are single.
    Like, if what you say is true (and I fear it to be) then men seem be actively seeking affairs with the lying
    devious intention that it doesn't matter that they are married or not and that is unacceptable.
    Your article really compounded an inkling I've been having for a while. Thanks hun. :)
    p.s. hope your love life sorts itself out.
    Originally posted by "Sandra"
    Brilliant article! Sums up 99% of men!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Some entirely real comments on the article left by genuine members of the public:

Casandra knows her stuff, what an intelligent and articulate individual.

• Advertisement

I think I might have posted that Tamara one actually. :o

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I think I might have posted that Tamara one actually. :o

I thought they were all written by staff members :(.

On the bright side, you could make a living as a freelance shill writing positive comments for hated journalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

And Sandra is a Boardsie too. From earlier in the thread:
    The_Gatsby wrote: »
    "Brilliant article! Sums up 99% of men!"

Posted the above comment posing as a woman named Sandra. Currently awaiting moderation...

EDIT: I didn't even realise the author of the article was called Sandra. I'm so good at this

And Sandra is a Boardsie too. From earlier in the thread:

Hhm, I suppose I could argue I can't be expected to remember that long ago.

It seems I can't tell the difference between fake enthusiasm meant to take the piss and fake enthusiasm meant to present the appearance of agreement.

Bravo to all you fake commenters. Casandra must be real though. No-one ould be bothered to write that much for a fake comment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I'm pretty skeptical anyone actually hit on here in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I don't find sexism like this quite as irritating as the fact that if you reversed the genders you'd probably get sued.
    Equality my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

I don't find sexism like this quite as irritating as the factthat if you reversed the genders you'd probably get sued.
    Equality my ass.

Eh, not so fast.

Have a read of this (with special attention paid to the conclusion in the last paragraph):

http://galwayindependent.com/stories/item/4642/2012-45/No-more-Mr-Nice-Guy

Has he been sued? I don't think so.

Advertisement