Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article: "men are too willing to forget marriage vows when they are away"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What a badly written article.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Omg we like totally had guys hitting on us

"Don't dip your nib in the office ink", classy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Check out the Carrie Bradshaw-ism in the last sentence !
    -)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's mainly 'look at us and our fab lives and our great friendship' with a bit of 'married men cheat' thrown in at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Women are statistically more likely to cheat. Also more women say they would happily cheat if they had a guarantee their partner would never know.
    The term "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is true - but only for men. The opposite is true for women.
    This all according to a documentary I saw on Discovery ages ago at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Stupid sexist cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Wow, that is a pretty awful piece of writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭JamBur

I had two comments deleted within seconds..... I just tweeted her now about it

I know so many talented writers who can't get a break and THAT gets published?

Not only is her writing awful, but she comes to the conclusion that men forget their marriage vows when they go away for the weekend based on ONE encounter?

Poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

The author writes like a twelve year old girl...

when she was 5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Dreadful article full of cliches. Based on a few lads having the audacity to talk to her and her friend, all married men are up for NSA :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I had a comment deleted too, all I said was that I was looking forward to reading the next chapter!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭JamBur

everyone should throw a few comments in, just to let her see that its not 1 or 2 crackpots. Written like a typical "socialite" with more contacts than brains

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Quick fix for marital infidelity - don't get married in the first place. And, done!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

And I, equally of course was looking forward to sitting down and having my dinner served up to me rather than be the server.

Her and Alison O' Riordan could write a great book together :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Women cheat just as much as men. Only difference is that are better liars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

That kind of writing is best kept to pink coloured softback covers with "sparkley" writing and blurbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Herself and Fiona sound miles up their own arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

"Brilliant article! Sums up 99% of men!"

Posted the above comment posing as a woman named Sandra. Currently awaiting moderation...

EDIT: I didn't even realise the author of the article was called Sandra. I'm so good at this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Her and Alison O' Riordan could write a great book together :pac:

About watching a port unfold

And I, equally of course was looking forward to...
    This is gibberish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Tha's fooking shocking!! I´ve never read anything so badly written and published! Women cheat just as much as men by the way.

Any connection between the Cork Indo and the Sindo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

If she thinks a quick shag is an affair she needs to do some more research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Embarrassingly bad article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Every cliche in the book, sauvignon blanc ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Tha's fooking shocking!! I´ve never read anything so badly written and published! Women cheat just as much as men by the way.

Any connection between the Cork Indo and the Sindo?

Nope. The Cork Indepenent is a free newspaper. But with garbage like this i woudlnt be surprised if the Sindo snapped it up.

But of course her husband would never do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Every cliche in the book, sauvignon blanc ffs.

I was expecting "vino" to be there somewhere. You have to be grateful for small mercies.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭7 7 12

Fiona and I actually agreed that the guys who were married were more inclined to go for someone also married as it would be less complicated and very much ‘no strings’ if the person was willing.

Journalistic gold, the new york times will snap her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

She put on her "glad rags"???? Someone should send her George Orwell's rules for journalism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Is that Pat Shortt on the left?

Advertisement