Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article: "men are too willing to forget marriage vows when they are away"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Gawd, I hope this was intentional. :pac:

Knowing Moo's predilection for grammar and spelling I'd say it was, purposely done to show the lack of intelligence of an opinionated hack! :D

(also that phrase came up in the "Trivial things that annoy you" thread the other day so I'd say that's where he got the idea! :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

She must be sleeping with someone in that paper to get a commission for that crap.

Don't tell her husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Gawd, I hope this was intentional. :pac:
    Czarcasm wrote: »
    Knowing Moo's predilection for grammar and spelling I'd say it was, purposely done to show the lack of intelligence of an opinionated hack! :D

(also that phrase came up in the "Trivial things that annoy you" thread the other day so I'd say that's where he got the idea! :p)

It was indeed intentional, a little touch of verisimilitude, but I still feel dirty after writing it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I would be so embarrassed if I'd written this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Writing a ridiculous, sexist article generalising about all married men based on two encounters is bad enough, but I genuinely can't fathom how an adult can write that poorly, especially if their job is actually to write.

Despite her obviously being related to someone working at the paper, I still don't get how an editor can look at that article and think "this paper is better for having this in it."

I've a suspicion that the Cork Independent are taking a Daily Mail-Samantha-Brick approach, exploiting her lack of journalistic ability and cop on to gain attention and get more advertising.

Look out for next week's column:

ONLINE TROLLS AND REVERSE SNOBBERY

"Look out ladies, if you thought men were bad enough cheating on their wives there's a new breed of man in town and let me tell you he's no Mr. Big. While we're putting on our lippy and glad rags and heading out for some vino with the girlies, he's sitting at home in mommy's basement on his computer. Fat, single and getting grease from his crisps on his keyboard, he's what computer boffins call a troll. Troll is a brand new word, and it means a person who spends all their time on the internet looking for people to abuse.
    Now I'm not saying all men who spend alot of time on the internet are fat and single and living at home, but for all intensive purposes they are. And now, they've come after me.
    Why?
    First of all, they know that I'm out there living it up with my girlfriends while they sit at home watching Star Trek, and that makes them jealous. We hate the things we can't have (like a nice pair of Manolo Blahniks, am I right sisters!).
    And second, they don't like that I told a few home truths about what men are really like. Well I'm sorry guys we're here to stay and we're not going back in the kitchen!
    Who run the world?
    Girls!"
    Post of the year. Really, bravo. :D
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    Today is Tuesday, I am wearing scarf. I, equally, of course like potato.

I am reporter. I am very good at news. You like news about how good life mine is?

Man make me sad, cheat they do be married on women.
    Also good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

The author writes like a twelve year old girl...
    You owe a lot of twelve year old girls an apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I bet "Fiona's" husband ****ing hates that his wife is friends with such a pleb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

She must be sleeping with someone in that paper to get a commission for that crap.

Don't tell her husband.

She's single and living the "Sex and the City" lifestyle. :rolleyes:

Sadly i know a few Irish women who seem to think their living some Sex and the City lifestyle as well. In reality their just sad individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Still no comments on the article. I tried this earlier to see if it would go through:
    Great article! Look forward to read more of your work. You're my hero!

Obviously this article is to sh'tty to lay eyes on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

She's single and living the "Sex and the City" lifestyle. :rolleyes:

Sadly i know a few Irish women who seem to think their living some Sex and the City lifestyle as well. In reality their just sad individuals.

Sex and the City is so over. How sad. It reminds of me of when I hear little kids in Ireland using Americans slang from 20 years ago. I despair a little and then my face looks like it just smelt something really bad.

Someone should do a piss take from the man at the bar's perspective and call it "No Sex in Cork City."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Still no comments on the article. I tried this earlier to see if it would go through:

Have any of the articles on there any comments? I just skipped through about 10 from different contributors and all had 0 comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

What bugs me, is that the man just asked what she was doing later. He didn't say let's go bonk in the jacks!!

I love how she says, he asked Fiona because she was married and would be more inclined to keep hush about it...no deary, he asked Fiona because you've a face like a melted boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

It was indeed intentional, a little touch of verisimilitude, but I still feel dirty after writing it. :(

Moo you smooth talking bastard, if only I wasn't married, oh wait, nobody has to know, right Sandra? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the picture of her is crying out to be meme'd a lá womans logic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

And this has turned into another Cork bashing thread.

And people say we're the ones with chips on our shoulders. :rolleyes:

Ah, will ya shtop? Maybe people keep up the Cork-bashing jokes BECAUSE of humourless responses such as yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I love the bit where they 'actually agree that men are likely to cheat with married partners....', what? who the **** gives a ****?

I hate when adults have 'intelligent' converstions about 'relevent' topics to their 'busy' and 'important' lives. I bet she drives an Audi......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Does this **** still have a market? I mean, do people still want/read this crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

What utter balderdash, Sandra. This thread has cured all my ailments. Bravo, boardsies. Further, I think I now fancy Moo - oh dear, how inconvenient!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

in fact, now that I think about it, Sandra really makes me want to cheat on my wife with her, right now.

I wonder will she have me?

Oh, what is a modern man to do, all I want is to cheat on my wife with some trollop that writes for the Cark Indepenent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Moo you smooth talking bastard, if only I wasn't married, oh wait, nobody has to know, right Sandra? :pac:
    What utter balderdash, Sandra. This thread has cured all my ailments. Bravo, boardsies. Further, I think I now fancy Moo - oh dear, how inconvenient!

It might be tempting, but don't fall for my verbose charms: I'm a cunning, devious, cold-blooded man, and I'll only break your hearts.

*casually glances at Czarcasm and thefasteriwalk's ring fingers*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

All men who are married are completely unsatisfied by their wives sexually.

Is this news?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Perhaps this writer is one of the reasons why this organisation is up the creek. A very amatuerish offering from a person of low social skills/intellect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Suceed

Remarks about her looks and intelligence, and calls to meme her picture.

Good to see online bullying is alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

She's fabliss and youse are boring. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Suceed wrote: »
    Remarks about her looks and intelligence, and calls to meme her picture.

Good to see online bullying is alive and well.

She completely generalised about the entire male race and called us all cheaters. By your rationale she's just bullied every single man.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

OneArt wrote: »
    "She writes weekly about single life in Cork."

Lord have mercy on Cork's residents.

'Weakly' I would accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I simply commented: Are you implying that this is not true for the opposite sex.

Deleted

Then i asked: Is this a communist comment box ?

Deleted

We should go 4chan on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Havnt spent that much time in Cork but cant see how you would live a "Sex & the City" lifestyle there...

Mod

Attack the article all you like. Leave the personal snipes out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Havnt spent that much time in Cork but cant see how you would live a "Sex & the City" lifestyle there...

You can't. Your one truly thinks she's on Sex and the city.

Advertisement