Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acca results are out.. How did everyone do?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thefa

I am trying to decide between P4 and P6. Has anyone else experience both and have a preference?

Also, would it be a big disadvantage to attempt P4 having being exempted from F9?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

I'm thinking of doing F7 & P1 this sitting.

I've done F5 & F7 homestudy for the last sitting but I did find it difficult.
    Has anyone tried Classes Online? They are expensive and wanted some feedback before I spend any €€€€'s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 m.anna

I passed F4 74% and F9 64%. So delighted.

I'm planning to take F5 and F8 in June. I want to do F8 home study. Which variant did you do? IRL or International? There are no books for IRL so I'm a bit worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

m.anna wrote: »

I'm planning to take F5 and F8 in June. I want to do F8 home study. Which variant did you do? IRL or International? There are no books for IRL so I'm a bit worried.

For F8 do the international variant. All the books are geared towards this. By doing the Irish variant you will just be opening yourself up for extra unneeded studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 m.anna

keano2012 wrote: »
    For F8 do the international variant. All the books are geared towards this. By doing the Irish variant you will just be opening yourself up for extra unneeded studying.

Many thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Any link to the Dec 2012 results online?

Coould only find the press release for the June 2012 results
    http://www.accaglobal.com/en/press/june-2012.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

probably wont be out until next week some stage I'd imagine. Results havent even been out 1 week yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

keano2012 wrote: »
    Thanks robin132.....u ever heard anything about city colleges? it is strange because i know noone who has ever gone there....

I dont know anyone who has been to city colleges but the lecturer I'm going to used to lecture in BPP, as did some of the other lecturers there now. I think they are relatively new which is why we have probably never heard of anyone going there. I'm going to give it a shot anyway, I'm going based on the lecturer not the college!
    Elle2012 wrote: »
    Anyone any recommendations for lectures for p2 and p3?

Thanks!
    I found Liam Doran quite good in Independent Colleges for P2. I wasn't sure about him at the time, thought he moved quite quickley but I passed it first time round without much study so he cant have been too bad!! I'm going to go to Shane O'Grady, same college, for P3.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭saggart26

shaydy wrote: »
    Passed F9 & P1............was worried about F9 so delighted to have got that

Any of you P2 and P3 passers any tips or recommendations on an approach to the exam. Any lectures recommendations also appreciated. Cheers

I went to independent for both P2 & P3. Liam Doran was lecturer for P2 & shane something or other for P3 (it was a couple of years ago!!) Both are really good and I comfortably passed in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Har0ld x9

well done to all who passed & to those who didn't I know how it feels.. Dust yourself off & give it another go. You will get there in the end..
    thefa wrote: »
    I am trying to decide between P4 and P6. Has anyone else experience both and have a preference?

Also, would it be a big disadvantage to attempt P4 having being exempted from F9?

I was exempt from F9 & questioned the same, In the end I had no issues with P4 & passed first time, (lectures with Liam Doran). I work in funds so I could relate a lot of the topics back to my day job which definitely made it easier.. i can understand why a lot of those in practise avoid this paper..

someone please correct me if I am wrong as I cant remember exactly how much but I think just under half of the marks go for computations (again something from exam experience that has suited me).. I avoided tax due being exempt from F6 & not having looked at tax since 2003/4.

All I can advise is to play to your strengths..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭FuzzyDunlop100

Robin132 wrote: »
    I dont know anyone who has been to city colleges but the lecturer I'm going to used to lecture in BPP, as did some of the other lecturers there now. I think they are relatively new which is why we have probably never heard of anyone going there. I'm going to give it a shot anyway, I'm going based on the lecturer not the college!

I found Liam Doran quite good in Independent Colleges for P2. I wasn't sure about him at the time, thought he moved quite quickley but I passed it first time round without much study so he cant have been too bad!! I'm going to go to Shane O'Grady, same college, for P3.

Agreed, I got P2 first time around with Liam Doran (and I had struggled with F7).

Shane O'Grady is very good for p1/p3 for two reasons in particular
    1. He's all about exam technique which is vital
    2. He backs up every bit of theory/model with real life examples which makes it much easier to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

m.anna wrote: »

http://opentuition.com/

its free

I am home studying F7 with it at the moment and it gives you online video classes with matching notes.. so good so far

you have to create an account

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

Aine5 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing F7 & P1 this sitting.

I've done F5 & F7 homestudy for the last sitting but I did find it difficult.
    Has anyone tried Classes Online? They are expensive and wanted some feedback before I spend any €€€€'s :)

opps this was meant for Aine5

http://opentuition.com/[/url]

its free

I am home studying F7 with it at the moment and it gives you online video classes with matching notes.. so good so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

deepriver wrote: »
    http://opentuition.com/

its free

Open Tuition is a great supplement BUT I'd buy the text from one of the main publishers as well. The content provided by OT is a bit more superficial than the level required to do well on the exams. They provide little more than the bare minimum to pass and most people need to have a couple of questions where they score well in excess of 50% in order to compensate for some of the questions where the minimum level isn't achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Zenga

Congrats to all on their exam results

I got all 3 I attempted in December which I'm thrilled about!:

F9: 62%
    F5: 68%
    F8: 52%

Now for F6 & F7 in June. I did F9 & F5 in DBS this year, however Julie Hawkins schedule makes me want to try a different lecturer for F6 even though I have heard only good things about her, Has anyone been to Mel Kilkenny in Independent Colleges for F6?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Out now

http://www.accaglobal.com/en/press/record-number.html

December 2012 session global ACCA Qualification pass rates:

Paper F1, Accountant in Business, 65%
    Paper F2, Management Accounting, 59%
    Paper F3, Financial Accounting, 55%
    Paper F4, Corporate and Business Law, 41%
    Paper F5, Performance Management, 37%
    Paper F6, Taxation, 47%
    Paper F7, Financial Reporting, 53%