Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acca results are out.. How did everyone do?

Options
  • 08-02-2013 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Unfortunately I fail both p4 and p6. I expected for fail p4 but was hoping I scrapped p6!
    Ah well.. June resits here I come!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

lucylu19 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I fail both p4 and p6. I expected for fail p4 but was hoping I scrapped p6!
    Ah well.. June resits here I come!!

Sorry to hear that, these exams are so rough.

Is there information on the pass rates/any statistics for this sitting? Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Passed f4 and f7....now onto p level :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Passed f6 with 71%

F7 and f9 left from the f's

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭EamoS

No results email sent and website is down for me?? Anyone else have similar problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Website is down all right - can't access my email. Bloody students ;)

Congrats to those passing and those that didn't, well... we've all (except SBWife) been there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭eimearnid

EamoS wrote: »
    No results email sent and website is down for me?? Anyone else have similar problems?

Yea no text or email for me today - but logged onto myAcca and got my result - 74% F8 onto Ps for me

Happy Days :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Passed P6 & P7, that's me done. Now what time do the boozers open at:D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

Passed F5 & F8 :) 63% & 58%

Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lucylu19

Great to hear loads of passes!!!
    Will be me in June.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

frogstar wrote: »
    Passed f6 with 71%

F7 and f9 left from the f's

Got F6 with 68% and F8 with 74%

Frogstar where do you study?

Congratulations by the way! Well done!
    I've only F7 and F9 this term and then on to P's as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JaneeMack

Passed both P1 and P2, 56% and 71% :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Well done everyone, in top form now after a few weeks of serious doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

Passed P1 and P2 with 62% and 60%.
    JaneeMack wrote: »
    Passed both P1 and P2, 56% and 71% :)

Well done getting 71% in P2, surely that must be a placing!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JaneeMack

SGKM wrote: »
    Passed P1 and P2 with 62% and 60%.

Well done getting 71% in P2, surely that must be a placing!

Thanks! I hope so!! That would make it so much more special!! I've been so worried about P2 and didn't think I'd do as well!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

Passed P1 and P2, delighted! Now to decide which option to take!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Elle2012

Hey guys!

Just wondering who you would recommend in Dublin for p2 and p3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Shinners25

Congrats to all that passed :)

I passed P2 but failed P1. Not sure how I managed that, should have been the other way around!! Thank god don't have to face into P2 again!

Just checking, I've already done P3. So summer time I wanna do P1, P4, P5. Am I allowed to sit them together yeah??

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thefa

Shinners25 wrote: »
    Congrats to all that passed :)
    Just checking, I've already done P3. So summer time I wanna do P1, P4, P5. Am I allowed to sit them together yeah??
    Yes, as long as you're sitting the last of the P1-P2-P3 block you can move onto the option papers.

Scraped past P5, obliterated P2. :)

Can anybody recommend sitting P4 or P6? (Doubtful I will work in tax in the future.)

Thanks thefa!

Has anyone ever appealed a result and got marked up? I got 48% in P1, dunno if it's worth the bother/money appealing it....but tempted to chance my arm

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

Thanks thefa!

Has anyone ever appealed a result and got marked up? I got 48% in P1, dunno if it's worth the bother/money appealing it....but tempted to chance my arm

I dont beleive its an appeal process but just an option to review your marked paper, I think you would be wasting your money but someone else may know different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

I passed F6 today so happy I am.

Onto F7 and working my way through the rest of them.

Congrats to all that passed there exams!

to those that didn't pass, keep going!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Thanks thefa!

It's not worth it, they don't even recheck the paper. They just add up the totals the correcter allocated to each Q. I got 49% before, appealed and it got no where, except it cost me £120 GBP. I appealed a few years back and at the time, there were over 8000 appeals (up to that date) which led to only 4 result changes. I think you can find the statistics somewhere on the ACCA page.

Thanks guys won't bother with the appeal so! Back to the books :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Got F6 with 68% and F8 with 74%

Frogstar where do you study?

Congratulations by the way! Well done!
    I've only F7 and F9 this term and then on to P's as well!

Congrats aswell!

Have been home studying so far but went to julie hawkins in dbs for revision only. Well worth it.

For f7 I will go to independent colleges on dawson street and will home study f9

Tbh im worried doing both together but want to get them over and done with

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

My mate told me F9 was easy this time and he got 74%, feckin Bas***d now I'm cursing myself for skipping the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

frogstar wrote: »
    Congrats aswell!

Have been home studying so far but went to julie hawkins in dbs for revision only. Well worth it.

For f7 I will go to independent colleges on dawson street and will home study f9

Tbh im worried doing both together but want to get them over and done with

They both are very tough, I barely scraped through F7 and scored 44 and 48 in F9 in my last two attempts, but skipped the exams in Dec and I was told it was one of the easiest papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Passed F9 & P1............was worried about F9 so delighted to have got that

Any of you P2 and P3 passers any tips or recommendations on an approach to the exam. Any lectures recommendations also appreciated. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

Passed P3, P4 (2nd attempt) and P6, can't believe I'm finally finished :)
    thefa wrote: »
    Yes, as long as you're sitting the last of the P1-P2-P3 block you can move onto the option papers.

Scraped past P5, obliterated P2. :)

Can anybody recommend sitting P4 or P6? (Doubtful I will work in tax in the future.)

I found P6 a lot easier than P4, I easily did 3 times the amount of study for P4 than I did for P6 and I came out with 3% more and that was repeating. There just isn't near enough time in the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

shaydy wrote: »
    Passed F9 & P1............was worried about F9 so delighted to have got that

Any of you P2 and P3 passers any tips or recommendations on an approach to the exam. Any lectures recommendations also appreciated. Cheers

Same here shaydy. It took me 3 attempts but I finally got F9 (64%!!). Wasn't expecting to pass P1 but got 52% in that.

Not sure whether to do just P2 or P2 and P3....is there a lot in each of those subjects guys ?? I've heard P3 isn't bad at all and at least P2 is all numbers so thats always nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

TinyTot165 wrote: »
    Passed P3, P4 (2nd attempt) and P6, can't believe I'm finally finished :)

SERIOUSLY WELL DONE !!!

Advertisement