Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acca results are out.. How did everyone do?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

are people able to access their results on the acca website? got results via text but need to print them out from the website! I can get in and see my account but my results section is blank!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

frogstar wrote: »
    For f7 I will go to independent colleges on dawson street and will home study f9

Tbh im worried doing both together but want to get them over and done with

Hi Frogstar

Seriously get the exam kit for F9 (I love Kaplan) and do practically every Q in the book. Also if you're home studying, you gotta check out opentuition.com. An awesome website with loads of lectures for free and a lecturer called John Moffat does F9 and hes fantastic. Watch all of his clips (usually around half an hour each and theres around 30 clips in total) and you'll get the exam for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thefa

Lucyx wrote: »
    Not sure whether to do just P2 or P2 and P3....is there a lot in each of those subjects guys ?? I've heard P3 isn't bad at all and at least P2 is all numbers so thats always nice :)
    Do not underestimate P2, especially if you have not done F7 or you college degree recently. It is one of the, if not the, toughest exams in my opinion.

Also, it is about 40-60% computation I would gauge. 35 marks in section A for the Consolidated Accounts and the computation element in Section B varies and requires commentary when it is asked. Knowing and being able to apply Accounting Standards in this exam is just as important as the computations.

P3 has a broad syllabus but not as technical as P2. Application of strategy models and interpreting the question scenarios are important.

thefa wrote: »
    Do not underestimate P2, especially if you have not done F7 or you college degree recently. It is one of, if not the, toughest exams in my opinion.

Also, it is about 40-60% computation I would gauge. 35 marks in section A for the Consolidated Accounts and the computation element in Section B varies and requires commentary when it is asked. Knowing and being able to apply Accounting Standards in this exam is just as important as the computations.

P3 has a broad syllabus but not as technical as P2. Application of strategy models and interpreting the question scenarios are important.

Thanks thefa. I did F7 and have been looking forward to P2 actually. I enjoy the computations and applying the standards so I hope I'd do ok with those :)

Thanks thefa. I did F7 and have been looking forward to P2 actually. I enjoy the computations and applying the standards so I hope I'd do ok with those :)

Looking forward to P2???!!! that has to be a first! were u able to access the ACCA website?

• Advertisement

keano2012 wrote: »
    Looking forward to P2???!!! that has to be a first! were u able to access the ACCA website?

well ......you know what I mean.....compared to other papers, some are dreadful. I got my results via email at 6am. the email facility has worked well for me since it started few years back.

well ......you know what I mean.....compared to other papers, some are dreadful. I got my results via email at 6am. the email facility has worked well for me since it started few years back.

ya F7 was dreadful (i still passed) so god only knows what P2 is gona be like!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 deens7881

Passed F8 @ 88% and P1@69%. Was thinking to skip P1 even few weeks before the exams ...Has anyone got P3 text book and exam kits for sale preferably Kaplan plz let me know....

All the best for your forthcoming papers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

deens7881 wrote: »
    Passed F8 @ 88% and P1@69%. Was thinking to skip P1 even few weeks before the exams ...Has anyone got P3 text book and exam kits for sale preferably Kaplan plz let me know....

Well done on your results.

I have the BPP Study Text, Kaplan Revision Kit and Griffith College notes for P3 if your interested, all for Dec 2012.

deens7881 wrote: »

Was there any reason why u were gona skip it? Is there a lot of work in it? Thinking of doing p1 and p3 this term?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Lambanna

Normally do 2 subjects every sitting but after hearing so much about p2 have decided do it on its own. Is it a major step up from f7? Is the workload much greater than all other subjects? 4 exams left, finally starting to see the finish line in the far distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Lambanna wrote: »
    Normally do 2 subjects every sitting but after hearing so much about p2 have decided do it on its own. Is it a major step up from f7? Is the workload much greater than all other subjects? 4 exams left, finally starting to see the finish line in the far distance!

I wouldn't describe it as a major step up from F7 in terms of the technical accounting knowledge, the consolidation is more complex but if you were able to handle it at F7 you shouldn't have a problem at P2. Like F7 there are a bunch of IFRS covered but nothing is a huge step up from the earlier exam. The main difference is that there's more theory and you need to have a better understanding of why the decision was made for the current treatment. But all in all the workload is no higher and I wouldn't consider it more difficult than the other required P papers.

IMO there's a further step up in difficulty to the optional P papers and I think P1 is a bit of a crap shoot (it's less technical than most of the others plus covers a huge amount of material) so if I were in your position and wanting to finish within 3 more sittings. I'd continue to sit two papers at a time rather than sitting P2 on it's own. Unless, that is, you found F7 incredibly difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 deens7881

Was there any reason why u were gona skip it? Is there a lot of work in it? Thinking of doing p1 and p3 this term?

Was a bit lazy at the beginning..left it for the last minute and got panicked ...but did one week of rigorous study and i think thats all you need...if you can pass f4 and f8, p1 is a piece of cake..i couldn't find anything new in this paper ...text book and past papers thats all you need..all the best...

I am doing P1 and P3 this term. Any one have any opinions on these?

P1 and P3- Shane O'Grady @independent colleges

P1- Owen O'Reilly @City Colleges

Any pro's and con's you found with each? Any one ever studied at city colleges?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Passed P4, not sure how, gave up 5 weeks before the exam and just went for the sake of it. Walked out with a 53 and all my exams now done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Passed P4, not sure how, gave up 5 weeks before the exam and just went for the sake of it. Walked out with a 53 and all my exams now done.

It's a balls finding out your best exam technique at the end! :p congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

I am doing P1 and P3 this term. Any one have any opinions on these?

P1 and P3- Shane O'Grady @independent colleges

P1- Owen O'Reilly @City Colleges

Any pro's and con's you found with each? Any one ever studied at city colleges?
    Shane O'Grady can be an acquired taste but he got me through P1 first go round so I', going back to him for P3! I found him ok, little offence once I think, but other than that he was grand and tried to make the lectures as interesting as he could.

Thanks robin132.....u ever heard anything about city colleges? it is strange because i know noone who has ever gone there....

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lovbnmoma

Well I passed both F5 and F8, got 61% in F5 and got 68% in F8 so am delighted! Never expected to pass F5, I thought it was very hard and was sure I failed! Well done to everyone who passed or finished acca. doing F7 and F9 next, the last two f's for me, studying all at home so fingers crossed ill be alright with them. How did everyone else find F7 or F9?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

64% in F6 Tax on second sitting... was expecting higher.

Does anyone know what kind of marks get you ranked or a gold medal, just curious...?

Anyone recommends of where to take classes for F7 and F9 in June (Dublin)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lovbnmoma wrote: »
    Well I passed both F5 and F8, got 61% in F5 and got 68% in F8 so am delighted! Never expected to pass F5, I thought it was very hard and was sure I failed! Well done to everyone who passed or finished acca. doing F7 and F9 next, the last two f's for me, studying all at home so fingers crossed ill be alright with them. How did everyone else find F7 or F9?

Did you study at home for all the F's ? coming from any business background ?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lovbnmoma

Did you study at home for all the F's ? coming from any business background ?

Hi I studied F4, F5 and F8 at home and did a revision course only for F6. I was exempt from F1 to F3. I work in a practice so found F6 grand but the rest were tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

deepriver wrote: »
    64% in F6 Tax on second sitting... was expecting higher.

Does anyone know what kind of marks get you ranked or a gold medal, just curious...?

Anyone recommends of where to take classes for F7 and F9 in June (Dublin)?

I got 71% in f6. Thought I did a bit better too

Doing f7 and f9 in june. Home study so far but will go to indepentent colleges dawson st for f7. Heard good things about lecturer(dave odonoughue I think)

Will home study f9 but a lot of people are saying its tougher than 7

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Elle2012

Anyone any recommendations for lectures for p2 and p3?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SMSCH13

I failed both P1 & P3, 45% & 48% not a complete shock as i had been really ill before the but still really disappointed cause though i could scrape it!

Would i be crazy to try do P2 this time aswell? I just can't face studying those 2 again on their own.

All advise is welcome!

Thanks

SMSCH13 wrote: »
    I failed both P1 & P3, 45% & 48% not a complete shock as i had been really ill before the but still really disappointed cause though i could scrape it!

Would i be crazy to try do P2 this time aswell? I just can't face studying those 2 again on their own.

All advise is welcome!

Thanks

hardluck. where did you study p1 and p3? if it was me i probably would give p2 a go with them. you clearly have a good grip on them and i think just revising them on their own you will probably just leave it until the last minute anyway (i would) because you will like you know everything anyway. Just my opinion though. I havent done p2 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JaneeMack

SMSCH13 wrote: »

All advise is welcome!

Thanks

I did P1 and P2 together and found P2 extremely difficult. P2, I'd say, is one of the toughest subjects but it is doable with time and effort. I think P1 and P2 or P2 and P3 are good combinations but maybe doing three of them together would be a bit tough as P2 requires a lot of work and practice. I only studied P1 for 2 days right before the exam, not because I was lazy or because I found it too easy but because I had to practice P2 questions!! But they are both doable. Do loads of past exam questions! Good luck next time around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SMSCH13

Independent colleges both classes were great with same lecturer! the reason i failed was exam technique i just didn't stick to my timing and left out whole questions very annoying but my own fault!

think i might give it a shot, think going to lectures for another will get me back in study mode sooner then if i'm left to my own devices!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

How did people do in P6? failed this but higher than what i was expecting 44 - now the pain in the ass of having rates updated for the next sitting and possible new topic on the syllabus.. should i be looking at doing a revision course this time around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

I managed to get 55% if I had of failed I was definitely going to do the course again or at the very least do the revision courses as all the rates would have changed.

Advertisement