Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

In the retail stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

mid may - early June

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

What are the odds of this being released at the start of April? Going to be in the States then and am looking to pick up a decent phone.

What are the odds of this being released at the start of April? Going to be in the States then and am looking to pick up a decent phone.

Well i read also that Europe get first pick in April and then the rest of the world after that but we will have to wait and see when they announce the dates on the 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I find it hard to believe how they are going to make it that much better than the s3 that makes it worth the upgrade.
    Granted it will have a bigger screen, faster processor better camera bla bla bla.
    I think it will be the introduction of lte and 4g that will be the next big improvement to the way we use our phones.
    That's probably a year away at least.

Samsung now have a huge market share so I hope they don't start getting lazy and become conservative like what apple are doing.

Android also have improvements to make to the os which I'm sure they will get right but I can see windows phone gaining market share over the next year or two.

Don't think we are too far away from a galaxy s5 that runs on different operating systems.

Guess we will have to wait until March 14 to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep I agree.

Like all sammy fans I can't wait to see what they want to give us but this year I'm not so keen to just jump in just cos its 'the next galaxy' (no sheep here)

I'm still kinda pissed about the kies software that they just won't fix.. Also the delay in getting the Google updates to the phone are making me look more forward to the next Nexus from whoever makes it more so than the next Sammy...

But you never know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

http://www.expansys.com/samsung-galaxy-S4#tabs1-overview

Interesting....... Is this the new galaxy s4?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

thomasj wrote: »
    http://www.expansys.com/samsung-galaxy-S4#tabs1-overview

Interesting....... Is this the new galaxy s4?

No already been cleared up by expansys saying its fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Phoenix wrote: »
    How much will the S3 drop in price when S4 is released?

Hard to say.

O2 have dropped it from €599 to €529 since the beginning of the month, so I'd guess maybe another €50 at most over the next few months.

I wouldn't expect it to drop by much, as it still an amazing phone.

Appartently the S4 is going to be €700

leemaree wrote: »
    Appartently the S4 is going to be €700

Highly unlikely.

Samsung like to undercut Apple, and the iPhone 5 is €650 so I wouldn't believe that yet.

The only way they'd pull off that much is if the phone comes with some incredible jumps in technology, and they would have to be massive.

What's your source?

Very interested to see how smart scroll will work and whether it will just be another novelty like face unlock.
    Wireless charging would be a welcome addition also since it never arrived for the s3.

So much competition these days, it's an unreal time for phone lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Very interested to see how smart scroll will work and whether it will just be another novelty like face unlock.
    Wireless charging would be a welcome addition also since it never arrived for the s3.

So much competition these days, it's an unreal time for phone lovers.

Was Face unlock was an android thing not Samsung? Sammy had the Smart Stay and Smart Rotate (2nd one works very well)

Looks like sammy will be selling new phone backs covers for those who want to use it on the s4

Edit: you can buy 3rd party ones ready made on ebay for the s3! (or make em yourself)

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=galaxy+s3+wireless+charging+back+cover&_sacat=0&_from=R40

S3 can do wireless charging even works the nexus wireless charger but their is some work involved.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Highly unlikely.

Samsung like to undercut Apple, and the iPhone 5 is €650 so I wouldn't believe that yet.

The only way they'd pull off that much is if the phone comes with some incredible jumps in technology, and they would have to be massive.

What's your source?

http://www.preorder.it/en/product/samsung-galaxy-s4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

They "estimated" the price. That site looks pretty rubbish, as does their dodgy mock up picture. They didn't even put a Samsung screenshot on it, that's stock android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

it bloody well better have a better battery , id buy it just for that . i used to slag my old iphone for haveing a crap battery but my galaxy S3 is just a joke , battery barely lasts 10 hours , totally unacceptable :mad: , still love it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Are you totally against one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Battery-Capacity-4300mAh-Replacement/dp/B008K1E0DE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362857471&sr=8-1

Ill be looking to pick one of these up if I get an s4. Extra bulk does not bother me

Or just buy a replacement battery for 3 euro.

As soon as the old one dies just slip in the other battery full power again, happy days!

Afaik the unveiling is at 11pm Thursday. Anyone know where this is being streamed?

Not a chance in hell should you believe that site.

You should only get that information from a reliable site or company.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sonics2k wrote: »

Hard to say.

O2 have dropped it from €599 to €529 since the beginning of the month, so I'd guess maybe another €50 at most over the next few months.

I wouldn't expect it to drop by much, as it still an amazing phone.
    Much cheaper online. Bout 430 for the last couple months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Are you totally against one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Battery-Capacity-4300mAh-Replacement/dp/B008K1E0DE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362857471&sr=8-1

Ill be looking to pick one of these up if I get an s4. Extra bulk does not bother me

Meh they get mixed reviews and it would mean having no case in which case mine would get destroyed in no time . I have 2 spare batteries which are grand except the back of the phone is starting to crack from taking it off to change the battery . And its ruining my case taking it on and off. Overall im just saying they should have thought more about the usability and not just lobbed the same battery from an S2 into a phone that has much higher demands . If rhey do the same for the S4 it will be a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

it bloody well better have a better battery , id buy it just for that . i used to slag my old iphone for haveing a crap battery but my galaxy S3 is just a joke , battery barely lasts 10 hours , totally unacceptable :mad: , still love it though :D

You're not managing your power well. My S3 will last from 9AM until the wee hours of the morning unless I've been doing something very battery hungry like watching a movie. Try turning down your brightness, disabling unnecessary vibration and features (wireless/GPS), shutting down apps that might be hogging power.

It's not the phone, you're doing something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I don't know what you are doing but I get close to 48 hrs between charges. Usually the 38-40 hour mark.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Found a picture of it

tablet-as-phone.jpeg

Advertisement