Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2013 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Completed Starhawk the other day. Really liked it. Played only one match of multiplayer, but not really much interested in that.

Hopefully I will start NIER next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

ionapaul wrote: »
    Finished Spec Ops: The Line on Thursday evening, really enjoyed it, despite dying far too many times in certain sections near the end and getting very frustrated!

Not 100% sure what to get stuck into next, know The Witcher 2 will be awesome, but it looks like a BIG time-commitment...

Completed in 2013:

- Borderlands (core game, haven't tackled DLC yet)
    - Dark Souls
    - Mark of the Ninja
    - Civilization V: Gods & Kings (completed a game of it as the Celts)
    - The Walking Dead
    - Spec Ops: The Line
    - Thomas Was Alone (very enjoyable!)

All on PC.

Currently 10 hours into The Witcher 2 and about half way through Anomaly: Warzone Earth. Playing through a few co-op games with the GF (only the final level of Trine 2: The Goblin Menace to go!) and a number of casual games on the Nexus 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just replayed Portal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ionapaul wrote: »
    Completed in 2013:

- Borderlands (core game, haven't tackled DLC yet)
    - Dark Souls
    - Mark of the Ninja
    - Civilization V: Gods & Kings (completed a game of it as the Celts)
    - The Walking Dead
    - Spec Ops: The Line
    - Thomas Was Alone (very enjoyable!)

All on PC.

Currently 10 hours into The Witcher 2 and about half way through Anomaly: Warzone Earth. Playing through a few co-op games with the GF (only the final level of Trine 2: The Goblin Menace to go!) and a number of casual games on the Nexus 7.

I just started it too. I haven't played the 1st one though, have you and if not how do you find the 2nd one without the experience of the first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Assassin's Creed 3: 6
    L.A Noire: 7
    The Last of Us: 10
    Bioshock: 9
    Braid: 9
    Dear Esther: 6
    Dishonored: 7
    Spec Ops: The Line: 8
    Thomas Was Alone: 7
    The Walking Dead: 8
    Far Cry 3: 7
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: 8
    Crysis 2: 5
    Limbo: 7
    Hotline Miami: 8

(ratings are out of 10)

Currently playing Hotline Miami and Red Dead Redemption

EDIT: Finished Hotline Miami too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just updating my listed of completed games this year.

Syndicate [PS3]
    Sleeping Dogs [360]
    Max Payne 3 [PS3]
    Spec Ops: The Line [360]
    inFAMOUS 2 [PS3]
    Vanquish [PS3]
    Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One [PS3]
    God of War HD [PS3]
    God of War II HD [PS3]
    Tomb Raider [PS3]
    Far Cry 3 [PS3]
    NFS: The Run [PS3]
    Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins [3DS]
    God of War: Ascension [PS3]
    WipeOut 2048 [PS VITA]

-- Adding --
    Thomas Was Alone [PS VITA]

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

Pc - Crysis 3 simply amazing really

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Not sure I'd call it amazing in terms of gameplay but graphically its the current king.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Games 100% complete 2013

Far Cry 3
    Far Cry 3:Blood Dragon
    GTA IV (100%....about time)
    Crysis 2
    Crysis 3
    Hotline Miami
    Organ Trail: Directors Cut
    BF3 Single Player

Currently awaiting GTA V :)

Syndicate [PS3]
    Sleeping Dogs [360]
    Max Payne 3 [PS3]
    inFAMOUS 2 [PS3]
    Vanquish [PS3]
    God of War HD [PS3]
    God of War II HD [PS3]
    Tomb Raider [PS3]
    Far Cry 3 [PS3]
    WipeOut 2048 [PS VITA]

-- Adding --
    Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack [PS VITA]
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss [PS VITA]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just finished dragons dogma,so this year its

Dragons dogma
    BioShock infinite
    Far cry 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

AssCreed 3 completed a few hours ago. No, I didn't bother my arse with the homestead and trading and hunting crap. Less than 24 hours, start to finish. Kinda disapointing. Half-decent story that really needed more meat, instead of tonnes of irrelevant padding. Is it too much for a game called Assassin's Creed to contain some actual assassination?

Black Flag would want to be f*cking spectacular if I'm to be convinced to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just finished Sleeping dogs. Really loved it, but the ending was a bit lose and the game as whole felt quite short, I really wanted more. Still good game if picked up on sale. Get thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Dead Space 3, really good game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Bioshock, a bit late I know.

Overall I was kind of left disappointed. I was certainly expecting more given popular opinion. It started off well but the last 40% felt monotonous.

It ended well with "Would you kindly..." but the ending itself disappointed although I'm aware it depends on certain actions throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Pac1Man wrote: »

Overall I was kind of left disappointed. I was certainly expecting more given popular opinion. It started off well but the last 40% felt monotonous.

It ended well with "Would you kindly..." but the ending itself disappointed although I'm aware it depends on certain actions throughout.

Really? I thought Bioshock had a great ending! The plot twist was great and you're left thinking "WHAT HAVE I DONE".

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Just updating my list.

3DS
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Super Mario 3D Land

PS3
    Ni No Kuni

Xbox 360
    Blops 2
    Halo 4
    Assassins Creed 3
    Sleeping Dogs
    Bioshock Infinite (Twice)
    The Darkness 2 (Twice)
    Resident Evil 6
    Dark Souls

Adding:
    LOTR War in the North
    Uncharted 2
    Infamous 2
    The Last Of Us

All on the PS3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bioshock infinite - the only SP campaign based game ive bothered to stick with this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

LA, Noir
    Mass Effect 1,2,3
    X-Com.
    Shogun Total War.
    Empire Total War.
    GTA IV,
    Assassin Creed 3.
    Far Cry 2,3
    Just Cause 3.
    Skyrim + all dlc's]

I have at-lest 30-40 games left to get through steam didn't help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

simon360 wrote: »
    Really? I thought Bioshock had a great ending! The plot twist was great and you're left thinking "WHAT HAVE I DONE".

I was probably just expecting more. In time I may look back on it more fondly.

• Advertisement

Syndicate [PS3]
    Sleeping Dogs [360]
    Max Payne 3 [PS3]
    inFAMOUS 2 [PS3]
    Vanquish [PS3]
    God of War HD [PS3]
    God of War II HD [PS3]
    Tomb Raider [PS3]
    Far Cry 3 [PS3]
    WipeOut 2048 [PS VITA]

-- Adding --
    Little Big Planet [PS VITA] - A very good game but a real shame the online co-op is so broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Accidentally started Thomas Was Alone last night when I meant to just move it to a different folder on the PS3. So played it and finished it.
    Gees, that John is pretty big headed. Chris grew on me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Pac1Man wrote: »

I thought the fight with
    Fontane
    and ending should have been right after the "would you kindly" bit. The game drops this huge bombshell on you and then you have to go though five or so more maps and another round of fetch quests to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Far cry 3 blood dragon amazing game. Dmc devil may cry great hack and slash. The last of us oh my god play this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Off the top of my head,

all on PS3.

Sleeping Dogs
    inFmaous2
    Limbo
    BatmanAA
    COD BLOPS2 (I actually finished the campaign!!)
    Thomas was aloneOn

Syndicate [PS3]
    Sleeping Dogs [360]
    Max Payne 3 [PS3]
    inFAMOUS 2 [PS3]
    Vanquish [PS3]
    God of War HD [PS3]
    God of War II HD [PS3]
    Tomb Raider [PS3]
    Far Cry 3 [PS3]
    WipeOut 2048 [PS VITA]
    Little Big Planet [PS VITA]

-- Adding --

LEGO Lord of the Rings [PS VITA]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Most of the games I've completed this year, I would imagine I've forgotten one or two.

Darksiders 2
    Deus Ex: HR
    Sleeping Dogs
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    Gravity Rush
    Hotline Miami
    God of War: Chains of Olympus
    Tomb Raider
    Dishonored
    Infamous 2
    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    Portal 2
    The Walking Dead
    The Last of Us
    Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Just finished Sleeping dogs. Really loved it, but the ending was a bit lose and the game as whole felt quite short, I really wanted more. Still good game if picked up on sale. Get thumbs up from me.

I had that same feeling, I wasn't ready to leave hong-kong by the end of the game. I did the races, but the rest of the side missions weren't worth hanging around for. Don't know if you picked up any of the DLC.....wondering if it is worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

My list for 2013 so far...

20/02 - Max Payne 3 (360) - Story Complete
    Loved this game, Max Payne is one of my favourite characters in gaming, so I was pleased to see him back. The game looked great on the 360, I can imagine the PC version must look amazing with all the bells and whistles. I thought it played well, even if it was a bit different to the older games, in fairness they are a little clunky for modern tastes. The story was great, kept me interested from start to finish.

26/02 - Sleeping Dogs (PS3) - Story Complete
    Thank you PS+!! I've been wanting to play this for ages and it didn't disappoint. The focus on hand to hand combat over shooting was massively welcome as I'm a bit pissed off with shooting things these days. The setting was nice and different too, kept thinking of Shenmue all the time!

11/03 - Uncharted 2 (PS3) - Story Complete
    Better than the first and pretty amazing looking at times. Still more shooting than I would like but at least these sections were less grating than the first game. Just to re-kindle an old GOTY debate....Arkham Asylum was still the best game of 2009 for me. My backlog is so bad that I'm still catching up on 4 year old arguments!!

07/04 - God of War: Chains of Olympus HD (PS3) - Story Complete + Platinum
    Finished this on the PSP a few years back and was impressed by it. On the PS3 it seemed more apparent to me that this game is missing the OTT spectacle that makes GOW so much fun. Decent game regardless, just not quite up there with the main titles.

28/04 - God of War: Ghost of Sparta HD (PS3) - Story Complete + Platinum
    First time through this as I never got around to it on the PSP. More impressive than COO and enjoyed it a lot. Had some stupid checkpoints coupled with unskipable cut-scenes which were annoying, thankfully not many though.

08/05 - Thomas was Alone (PSN) - Story Complete + 100%
    Loved this game, never have I liked a bunch of rectangles and squares so much. I found it was best played in small bursts of a half an hour or so and I think the Vita would be a perfect platform for it. Short, sweet and a good laugh...perfect for a quick blast after a long day when you're not up for a more demanding game.

18/05 - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PSN) - Story Complete
    Had a good laugh with this. The music is brilliant, probably my favourite thing about the game. The story and cut-scenes are ridiculous and fit the theme perfectly. The game isn't too hard which is good as I just wanted to have a laugh with it and not get frustrated. I haven't played Far Cry 3 and had wanted to but after playing this I'm not sure if I could adjust, I'm used to swimming faster than a boat and think I want to keep it that way.

07/06 - L.A. Noire (PS3) - Story Complete
    Enjoyed the game overall. Almost gave up on it during the murder desk as it got insanely repetitive but just about managed to push on and it got better after that. Some of the game play mechanics were a bit wonky, knowing when to select doubt drove me a bit crazy at times. Facial animation and voice acting were really good and added a lot to the game. I'll probably play through the DLC at some stage.

18/06 - Battlefield 3 (360) - Campaign Complete
    Picked this up on the cheap and flew through the campaign in a few hours. Enjoyed it for what it was, I've played worse military shooters that's for sure. Enjoyed the set pieces and the spectacle, which is pretty much what I was after. Not as a good as the MW campaigns in that regard but not as bad as the likes of MOH or Homefront.

08/07 - The Last of US (PS3) - Story Complete
    Amazing game, one of the best I've ever played. The gameplay isn't anything revolutionary but the whole game just comes together into something great. The story, characters, graphics, atmosphere, tension are all brilliant. Played as a stealthy little bugger for the whole game and the tension was really high a lot of time as a result. Found myself having to take breaks after an hour or two just to clear my head as I really got into the game. Spent a ton of time just looking around at everything. Not just scavenging but admiring all the little details of the world, been a long time since I really enjoyed doing that in a game. Essential playing in my book.

18/07 - Deadpool (360) - Story Complete
    Followed up TLOS with something on the total opposite end of the scale. Gameplay wise it's very average, nothing particularly great but not broken either, very much a case of switch your brain off and hack n slash your way to victory. Doesn't matter though, the game is all about Deadppol and the ridiculousness that comes with him, in that sense the game totally delivers. Had a good laugh along the way with nothing too difficult to take away from the funnies. Certainly not for everyone but if you like the character it's definitely worth a play through, get it on the cheap though. Cost me .99c and traded it in for €30!!

22/07 - The Amazing Spider-Man (360) - Story Complete
    This was actually a lot better than expected. It's borrowed a fair bit from the Arkham games in terms of the gameplay and doesn't pull it off as well as those games. It's still fairly solid though for a movie tie in, web swinging around the city is simple but great fun and the web rush mode is a good addition. Would have liked more outdoor levels and I reckon, if given enough time and budget, Beenox could make a very good open world Spidey game. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on what they do next.

04/08 – Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3) - Story Complete
    Wasn’t much of a story to the story mode but it’s a racing game so it doesn’t really matter. I wasn’t a huge fan of the handling and the way the story mode works means that you swap vehicle types a lot, so you don’t really get a good feel for many of them. The tracks themselves were the best thing about the game, some of the destruction, jumps, changes to the tracks etc were pretty cool. To be honest the tracks were the only thing that kept me playing. I would recommend Split/Second over this for your track destruction based racer, real shame what happened to Black Rock Studio. Anyway, was grand for a few hours as a PS+ freebie but glad I hadn’t paid full whack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

So far this year I've finished

Bulletstorm
    Dishonored
    Vanquish
    Journey
    Ico
    Shadow of the Colossus
    The Walking Dead
    Bioshock Infinite
    Hitman Absolution