Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2013 Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just bioshock infinite so far :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

My year so far:

Mass effect 3
    La Noire
    Black ops 2
    Resident evil 6
    Dark souls
    Metro
    Mirrors edge

Hopefully finish The Walking Dead and Blood Money soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Batman AA
    Infamous 2
    Quantum Conundrum
    Sleeping Dogs
    COD BLOPS campaign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

I have an awful tendency to abandon games for a while, I switch between games a lot. I have maybe 5 games I'm playing at the moment, but so far this year I've managed to complete:

Sleeping Dogs,
    Hitman Absolution
    Little Inferno
    Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
    Thomas Was Alone
    and Mass Effect 3

And at the moment, I'm switching between Don't Starve (which I'm not sure can be finished as such), Psychonauts, Alice The Madness Returns, Scribblenauts, Bastion and The Unfinished Swan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Bet megaman 2 for the first time yesterday and silent hill 3 today.

Truly amazing games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Just finished red dead redemption yesterday...sad day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Got through B.O.2 on veteran in under 8 hours..completed COD4 on vet (got mile high club as well thank god) GTA4 Fallout3 and restarting Bioshock2 after that might give Red Dead a go aswell

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

So far this year.

Bioshock Infinite
    Borderlands 2 (Normal and True Vault Hunter Mode)
    Crysis 3
    Dead Space 3
    Dishonored: Knife Of Dunwall
    DMC Devil May Cry
    DMC Devil May Cry: Vergils Downfall
    Mass Effect 3: Citadel
    Tomb Raider

Currently playing
    Borderlands 2 (Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode and DLC campaigns)
    Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
    Resident Evil 6
    Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

taytothief wrote: »
    I have an awful tendency to abandon games for a while, I switch between games a lot. I have maybe 5 games I'm playing at the moment, but so far this year I've managed to complete:

I am the same way myself playing games. I am currently playing Okami, vanquish, FO:new vegas (100hours + logged there though) and some COD blops whenever my old college mates are online. I have Hitman downloading at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

So continues the drive to catch-up on the millions of games I've missed over the years:

Games Finished 2013:

1. Luigi's Mansion (GCN)
    2. Pokemon Black Version 2 (DS)
    3. Psychonauts (PS2)
    4. The Cave (PS3)
    5. Sonic Adventure 2 (PS3)
    6. CoD of Duty: Fish in a Barrel (PC)
    7. Virtua Cop (PC)
    8. House of the Dead (PC)
    9. Typing of the Dead (PC)
    10. Final Fight One (GBA)
    11. Earthworm Jim (GBA)
    12. Puyo Pop (GBA)
    13. F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (GBA)
    14. King of Fighters: R-2 (NGPC)

I'm finding the auld handhelds suitably flexible: surprise, surprise. F-Zero is one that benefits from this, as it was maddeningly difficult, but being able to shove it back into the pocket after a particularly frustrating round kept me coming back to it with greater frequency than I probably would've otherwise. Having to clock it on the highest difficulties to finish it proper is a design choice bordering on diabolical. Mind, I still loved it, and am now gonna hover up whatever else in the series I can get my hands on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Lots of people ticking Dishonored off the list. I reckon that's my next target.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Just finished Mark of the Ninja - great game!

The only others I've finished in 2013 are Dark Souls and Borderlands (just the core game, have the GOTY edition but haven't bothered with the DLC as yet). I think the Walking Dead is next on my list, should also finish Trine 2: The Goblin Menace soon, playing that one through with my GF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I finished MGS Revengeance the other night. I really enjoyed the game, but I didn't even manage to clock up six hours upon completing it. Being honest, there probably wasn't enough variety to drag the game out for another four hours. It's an interesting game considering it's backbone is based on the parry system, which is excellent. I don't remember MGS games being so cheesy, but this one is definitely worth a play.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Nearly done with Portal 2. I get tired of it after an hour or so of play.

The only game I've finished this year is Dark Souls, which was in February. Started it again a few days ago. :o

Bioshock Infinite in the post so I hope to get through that fairly sharpish, I need another story to pull me in as I've just been messing around online with BF3 and Mortal Kombat the past few months.

Edit: I should probably finish RAGE as well but it's getting to be increasingly ****e.

Finished Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Was good but I think I was getting fatigued with Far Cry 3 gameplay by this point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Working finally finishing fc3 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

My list so far this year

God of War trilogy
    The Walking Dead
    Far Cry 3
    Read Dead Redemption
    Uncharted 3
    Tomb Raider
    Catherine

--Now Adding--

God of War IV
    Hitman Absolution

Recently finished God of War IV although it felt like a slog compared to the originals (bit like 3 for me in that respect). For a 7 hour playthrough it took me over a month to play through it.
    Will be adding Hitman to the list soon enough, only a couple of levels left and as I'm enjoying it more then I expected I can see myself completing it tonight.

Next up will be Bioshock or Dishonoured.

Just finished off SC2: Heart of the Swarm.

That currently leaves me playing RE6 in co-op which I'm about half way through and Borderlands 2 also doing 2 player co-op, on ultimate vault hunter mode.

Other games, expansion packs and DLC this year I'm interested in.

Battlefield 4
    Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
    Civilization 5: Brave New World
    Company Of Heroes 2
    Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches
    Metro: Last Light
    Remember Me
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Update
    Total War: Rome 2
    Watch Dogs
    Wolfenstein: The New Order

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just updating my listed of completed games this year.

Syndicate [PS3]
    Sleeping Dogs [360]
    Max Payne 3 [PS3]
    Spec Ops: The Line [360]
    inFAMOUS 2 [PS3]
    Vanquish [PS3]
    Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One [PS3]
    God of War HD [PS3]
    God of War II HD [PS3]
    Tomb Raider [PS3]

-- Adding --
    Far Cry 3 [PS3]

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I just finished Blops 2 Single player mode. The first Cod I decided to skip on, was the best... :rolleyes: I Really loved story. A lot better then MW bull**** train russians are BAD crap. Treyarch is the one to make COD games, IW lost their ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just finished Blops 2 Single player mode. The first Cod I decided to skip on, was the best... :rolleyes: I Really loved story. A lot better then MW bull**** train russians are BAD crap. Treyarch is the one to make COD games, IW lost their ****.

I still have that game in the shrink wrap. Sounds like I should give it a go. The first Black Ops is the only CoD campaign that I bothered to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I still have that game in the shrink wrap. Sounds like I should give it a go. The first Black Ops is the only CoD campaign that I bothered to play.

Deffo like this one. Not a fan of that RTS type thing, but thanks god only 4 missions of that crap. The rest of it is pretty damn good. Its a shame I did not completed all Blops 2 as there are a good bit of references to it, but it was still damn interesting. Makes me want to get back to blops 1 and complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

SO far this year I have completed:

3DS
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Super Mario 3D Land

PS3
    Ni No Kuni

Xbox 360
    Blops 2
    Halo 4
    Assassins Creed 3
    Sleeping Dogs
    Bioshock Infinite (Twice)

Now moving onto Dark Souls and The Darkness 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

In 2013

PS3:
    Assassins Creed 3
    LA Noire
    Metal Gear Solid 2
    Metal Gear Solid 3

PC:
    Spec Ops: The Line (again)
    Braid (again)
    Crysis 2
    Limbo

Hoping to get the original Bioshock finally complete too soon. I had forgotten how harrowing it was, although once you get past the initial stage it starts to become a bit easier to get stuck in to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Dishonoured finished. Low chaos ending. Really a bit of a damp fart of an ending after a reasonably decent sneak'em up. So much that could have been done but wasn't. A waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I've Finished this year:

Company of Heroes: PC
    Amnesia: PC
    Blops 2: PS3
    Spec Ops The Line: PC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Assassin's Creed 3
    Syndicate
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Breakthrough
    Blackwell Bundle
    Transformers: War for Cybertron
    Gemini Rue
    The Simpsons Hit and Run
    Iron Brigade
    To The Moon
    Adding:

Mass Effect 3
    The Godfather
    GTA 4
    The Amazing Spiderman
    Risen
    Sniper Ghost Warrior
    Uncharted 3 - very overrated
    Torchlight 2
    Bioshock Infinite
    Tomb Raider
    Alan Wake: American Nightmare - much prefered over the first one other than the backtracking.

Few other smaller and older games too

RE6 on PC complete.

Currently going over Metro 2033 before playing Metro Last Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

I dont have quite a long list but :
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Assasins Creed III
    Tomb Raider
    Max Payne 3
    Hitman Absolution
    And ofcourse Warcraft - Dota almost everynight since 2011 :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Seem to have gone very shooter heavy so far this year in the past couple of months have completed

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
    Bioshock Infinite
    Metro 2033 (Second run through)
    Metro Last Light.

Although I had planned to finish Borderlands( original ) I am completely burnt of shooters, so I won't be starting STALKER Call of Pripyat either even though I said I would once I got a new graphics Card.

With Fps games out for the forseeable future, I intend to get back to the last two chapters of the Walking Dead, which I am really enjoying but I like to leave a good bit of time between each one. I think it might be because I don't want it to end.

With FPS out for now I will also start into one or two of the following steam sale relics, none of which I have ever played.

Sleeping Dogs
    Assassins Creed 2
    The Witcher
    XCom
    Just Cause
    Alan Wake
    Dragons Age Origins

Decisions, decisions, decisions ...... (but definately the good kind)

Advertisement