Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2013 Edition

Options
  • 06-02-2013 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Inspired by Josey Wales thread Beat a game from your backlog this February, it looks like a lot more people are tackling their massive backlogs of games so here we have a 2013 edition of the What games have you completed? thread. This can just be used for keeping track of those finished as well as giving your view on the completed product.

So far this year I've completed (i've also linked to the superthreads if any for those game):

[PS3] God of War trilogy - Finished first 2 before on the PS2 but wanted to play through them again in preperation for the 3rd game (and the 4th later this year).
    [PS3]The Walking Dead - loved it and would highly recommend it to anyone!
    [PS3] Far Cry 3 - Better then most modern FPS with on OK story. Enjoyed the first half of the game more then second.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Finished Bordlerlands 2 (Main Quest) there on Monday. 92 hours it took me. Value for money right there.

The humour in the main story is some of the best I've seen. Has to go down as one of the best darkly comic games there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Nothing. I have the worst case of magpie syndrome ever.

I really ploughed through a lot of Far Cry but seem to be struggling to see out the last 7-8 missions. I got distracted by Dragon's Dogma (which i've now shelved, poor game IMO, I really wanted to like it) and then went playing some XBLA stuff, Spelunky (what is the attraction to this? controls are awful), and then grabbed the latest DLC in Trials will keep me occupied for a while.

Now I'm onto Halo 4 (which i have a good chance of finishing) and really need to get back onto Dishonored.

I don't know what I don't finish any games, I just lose interest and see something shinier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Games Finished 2013:

1. Psychonauts (PS2)
    2. The Cave (PS3)

I think that might be it for a couple weeks. I've recently rekindled my love for Mario Kart: Double Dash, so I'll be replaying that a lot for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

X-Com bit the dust last week (will be coming back for another playthrough at some stage I reckon) and I'm on to HALO 4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Tomba down on PS Vita. Other than that i have been dipping my toe in numerous games started but not finished.

Current goals is :

1. Complete Halo 4 again (xbox);
    2. Complete Pokemon Black(GB);
    3. Replay Skyrim as arcane assassin (PC), play dawnguard, heartfire and dragonborn for first time;
    4. Finish Far Cry 3 (PC);
    5. Finish Tomba 2 and Castlevania (PS Vita);

I may have bit of more than i can chew but the above is current focus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The Unfinished Swan - PS3
    Hotline Miami - PC
    Motorstorm Apocalypse - PS3
    Knytt Underground - PS3
    Red Faction Guerrilla - PC

Just about finished Mark of the Ninja on PC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just about to hit the last world in Super Princess Peach. If I get an hour to spare tonight, I should get it finished. Only game I've actually finished so far is Doom 3. Should have my review sorted for that soon. Once again, Pokémon is eating up all of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Halo 4 which was a massive let down for me.

I played through it on Heroic and was very disappointed with the whole experience, there's nothing that's changed in it as a game since Halo 1. They even managed to reset the whole ending of Halo 3 and bring the Covenant back in as enemies. I mean it's just lazy to return to shooting the same Grunts, Brutes and Jackals and still trying to convince people that you're trying to move the franchise forward.

There was no personality to the enemies they did bring in, they felt like characterless robots and even the Cortana stuff felt like they just went back to the Flood controlled Cortana plotline from Halo 3. Worst of all though was the terrible story telling and the fact that they decided to hide anything interesting they had to tell away in Halo Waypoint. I only checked that stuff out after finishing the game as I thought it might spoil stuff, only to find that they gutted the game's main story and squirreled it away in a daft app for God knows what reason.

Maybe if I had known who the Didact or the Librarian were during the game, I might have cared about their actions and motivations, as it was they were two strange looking aliens from a dead race doing things that made little sense.

Luckily the multi-player remains great but as a single player experience, it only ranks ahead of Halo 2 and way behind Halo 3 and Reach.

Halo 4 which was a massive let down for me.

I played through it on Heroic and was very disappointed with the whole experience, there's nothing that's changed in it as a game since Halo 1. They even managed to reset the whole ending of Halo 3 and bring the Covenant back in as enemies. I mean it's just lazy to return to shooting the same Grunts, Brutes and Jackals and still trying to convince people that you're trying to move the franchise forward.

There was no personality to the enemies they did bring in, they felt like characterless robots and even the Cortana stuff felt like they just went back to the Flood controlled Cortana plotline from Halo 3. Worst of all though was the terrible story telling and the fact that they decided to hide anything interesting they had to tell away in Halo Waypoint. I only checked that stuff out after finishing the game as I thought it might spoil stuff, only to find that they gutted the game's main story and squirreled it away in a daft app for God knows what reason.

Maybe if I had known who the Didact or the Librarian were during the game, I might have cared about their actions and motivations, as it was they were two strange looking aliens from a dead race doing things that made little sense.

Luckily the multi-player remains great but as a single player experience, it only ranks ahead of Halo 2 and way behind Halo 3 and Reach.

Plagiarizing your post from the halo forum :), i agree with allot of what you say on reflection but when i played it through i loved it. Call a guilty pleasure or whatever but i really like the master chief.

I didnt like the fact that allot of the story was on waypoint though and i really had to do research into what went on after the fact but as i like the whole series i enjoyed it but would have prepared for more to be in game.

I know they arent going to have everything in the game as they need to fill 3 games with content but they could have at least explained why del rio was being an ass.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not a lot this year so far.

Farcry 2: Started off great but got old halfway through. Every mission was a variation on the last, could have done with more variety.

Dark Messiah Might and Magic: This was a hell of a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Story was thrash but it didn't matter when the combat was so good. Great use of physics, it never got tiring kicking people into chasms, spikes, fires etc.

Phantasy Star 4: An absolute class act. By far the best RPG on the Megadrive and even gives Chrono Trigger a run for it's money. Great characters, great story, well paced and some of the best pixel art I've seen. There's tonnes of little nods to the previous games in the series if you have kept with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dark Messiah Might and Magic: This was a hell of a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Story was thrash but it didn't matter when the combat was so good. Great use of physics, it never got tiring kicking people into chasms, spikes, fires etc.

it always baffled me in the wake of this game that a lot of other fantasy games continued to use their bogey fighting systems including Skyrim

Calhoun wrote: »
    1. Complete Halo 4 again (xbox);

What difficulty did you finish it on and what are you replaying it on?

I've solo'd all the other titles on Legendary, was wondering what its like compared to the previous games...

quarryman wrote: »
    What difficulty did you finish it on and what are you replaying it on?

I've solo'd all the other titles on Legendary, was wondering what its like compared to the previous games...

Played it on normal as i just wanted to get allot of the story elements but didnt want want it to be to easy. Playing it on hard mode now and if i finish it again ill do legendary ( get some replay value that way).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Played: Assassins Creed 3
    Completed: Assassins Creed 3
    Currently Playing: Hitman: Absolution

I am limiting myself to one game at a time. Simple as that. I don't have time for more than one anyways, and I have most of the last 9 months worth of releases to get through in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I finished Batman Arkham city. By finished, I completed the main quest-line. I haven't done all the side quests.

I also finished Borderlands 2. Same deal, completed the main quest-line (and most of the side quests) but there are still a few to do.

quarryman wrote: »

I found it the hardest yet. The forerunners are a bastard.

I found it the hardest yet. The forerunners are a bastard.

Good to know. I'll play through it on Normal first then which should give me knowledge of what sections are tricky by the time I get around to legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mortal Kombat (story mode. Finished it when it first came out but got it again from PS+ so replayed it)
    DmC: Devil May Cry
    The Walking Dead
    Lego Batman 2

Played some Hitman Absolution but don't like it. Other than that, I've finished the new DLC for Borderlands 2 and am currently replaying it as a new class so that's taking up most of my gaming time.

Defo go with Heroic for the first play-through. Nice balance between challenge/flow.

Legendary definately steps it up a notch though.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Borderlands 2 is all for me this year.

Good game when playing with friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So far this year I have completed:

Syndicate [PS3]
    Sleeping Dogs [360]
    Max Payne 3 [PS3]

Of those Sleeping Dogs was by far the best.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So far this year I've finished Far Cry 3 and Max Payne 3 and am about half way through Assassins Creed 3 atm.

Borderlands 2, FTL and Walking Dead are getting play time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

trying to finish dark souls, have put 80 hours into it.. but Ive hit a brick wall, game becoming a pain... its so frustrating, but I can't put it down.. that boss duo are still doing my head in and idiots invading my game and instead of helping me, try to kill me..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So far:

The Walking Dead - easily see why it won so many awards!
    Limbo - thank you PSN, very good game with great atmosphere
    God of War 2 & 3 - had them all finished already, and had just finished 1 about a month before xmas. Still great games.

Should have finished Dishonored by now, and i'm fairly sure i'm on the last mission, but just can't get the motivation to finish it. Was disappointed by it.

And now that i'm up and running on my shiney new pc, i'm sure i'll have a large catalogue of games to finish this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Assassin's Creed 3
    Syndicate
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Breakthrough
    Blackwell Bundle
    Transformers: War for Cybertron
    Gemini Rue
    The Simpsons Hit and Run
    Iron Brigade
    To The Moon

All of PC so far and trying to clear some older stuff too eg. MOH and Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Darksiders - PC
    Deadlight - PC

Although i finished them in 2013 i started them both in 2012. Working on Bioshock 2 atm in between games of LoL, Path of Exile and Smite

I also finished Path of Exile on normal hardcore yesterday if that counts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Finished Bulletstorm and Dishonored, working on Vanquish at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So I just beat Mass Effect 3 and I have to ask, what the hell was the backlash over the ending all about? It wasn't amazing now but then again it wasn't Halo 2 bad either. I think the people that confused Mass Effect the generic space opera with an Isaac Asimov sci-fi masterpiece were expecting a bit more than they were ever going to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So I just beat Mass Effect 3 and I have to ask, what the hell was the backlash over the ending all about? It wasn't amazing now but then again it wasn't Halo 2 bad either. I think the people that confused Mass Effect the generic space opera with an Isaac Asimov sci-fi masterpiece were expecting a bit more than they were ever going to get.

The ending wasn't bad no. But the fact that from the first game all your decisions have an impact on the second and third game and for the ending of ME3 its just like Bioware said "**** everything you did, here are 3 choices, go" People are right to have expected more...

• Advertisement

Other than a change of dialogue here and there Is still found if anyone died there was always someone there to stand in and you were still funneled into all the same missions. There really wasn't much choice in the games at all.

Advertisement